Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wyndham has an F with the BBB

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Wyndham has an F with the BBB

In another thread, some generalizations were made about Wyndham's quality.

I was somewhat surprised to see that these problems may indeed be more general: Wyndham corporate has an F rating with the BBB

To be fair, Hilton also has a F rating.

Hyatt and Marriott both have a B+.

Starwood has an A+

Last edited by milestraveler; Apr 26, 2013 at 11:31 am Reason: fixed broken links
Old May 9, 2013, 4:52 pm

Programs: Too Many to Count
The BBB is purely a money making enterprise guised as a not for profit organization with customers' priorities is mind.

I wouldn't trust their rating one iota.
Old May 13, 2013, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milestraveler
I was somewhat surprised to see that these problems may indeed be more general: Wyndham corporate has an F rating with the BBB
Have you made a reservation on the WR site and immediately gotten an invite from Jennie or whoever to chat about a special offer? It's probably because of those extra side businesses, more than the hotel and frequent guest program part of the company, that it gets that.

Do you remember the name Cendant? WR came out of out that.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 19, 2013, 4:30 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
In another thread, some generalizations were made about Wyndham's quality.

To be fair, Hilton also has a F rating.

Hyatt and Marriott both have a B+.

Starwood has an A+

F means "failed". So that is a warning for customers to be cautious when doing business with such companies
Old May 19, 2013, 7:58 am

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
These ratings are probably related to their timeshare businesses. People are usually upset after they sign up for a timeshare and then find out they could of bought the same thing on the resale market for pennies on the dollar.
Brendan likes this.
Old May 20, 2013, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by kanerf
These ratings are probably related to their timeshare businesses. People are usually upset after they sign up for a timeshare and then find out they could of bought the same thing on the resale market for pennies on the dollar.
These ratings are for Wyndham's failure to reply to the complaints that BBB sends to their way.
Brendan likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Nearly six months having passed, I thought it might be interesting to look again and see how this has changed. Short answer: it hasn't. Wyndham still has an F.

Hilton, Hyatt, and Starwood are unchanged. Marriott has dropped from a B+ to a C+.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 5:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, National EE
With as large as the Wyndham brand is, I'm a bit surprised they don't have more complaints. 24 in a year isn't all that many when you consider that these could reference any of their 7,000 hotels (like some lady complaining that her Howard Johnson charged her a cleaning fee for a meeting room).

Of course, if you take into account all the horrible TripAdvisor reviews and probably the BBB complaints for all 7,000 hotels, I'm sure we'd have a better picture of the quality of the Wyndham Group.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Wyndham still has an F.

Hilton, Hyatt, and Starwood are unchanged. Marriott has dropped from a B+ to a C+.
It's a new year. Wyndham still has an F.

Hyatt is still a B+, Marriott has come back to A+ (wow).

Last edited by milestraveler; Oct 4, 2015 at 8:52 am
Old Jan 6, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
We have a lot of whiners in this country, and I will bet you Wyndham does not pay BBB dues,

BBB. has many complaints, and is always calling for money.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:47 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Meaning that a company can pay money to the BBB to avoid bad ratings?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something

Hyatt has dropped to a B+, Marriott has come back to A+ (wow).
Hyatt was never mentioned on this thread as anything but a B+.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Hyatt was never mentioned on this thread as anything but a B+.
Very true. My mistake.

It's been several months - time to look at ratings again.

Wyndham has no BBB rating right now at all. BBB says "The business is in the process of responding to previously closed complaints." Maybe they're finally cleaning up their act.

No other changes. Hyatt B+, Hilton F, Marriott and Starwood both A+.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Meaning that a company can pay money to the BBB to avoid bad ratings?
Actually yes they can. BBB has been in the news recently because they'll give companies passing marks just because they've paid a fee to join.

Most people think the BBB is part of the government or government approved. When you point out that they're simply a business like any other people are shocked. One person suggested writing the BBB about BBB's business practices.
Brendan likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Wyndham has no BBB rating right now at all. BBB says "The business is in the process of responding to previously closed complaints." Maybe they're finally cleaning up their act.

No other changes. Hyatt B+, Hilton F, Marriott and Starwood both A+.
Wyndham has its F rating back again.

Hilton is now without a rating. ("This business has no rating at this time because BBB file information is being reviewed and/or updated.")

Others unchanged: Hyatt B+, Marriott and Starwood both A+.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.