Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2012, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Smile Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Hi All

I got an email,and it looks like targeted email "Enjoy one qualifying stay at any of our 20 newest properties, and we'll reward you with 16,000 Wyndham RewardsŪ bonus points—enough for A FREE NIGHT!* Earn up to 3 free nights or 48,000 bonus points!

We've just opened 20 new hotels and want to invite you to celebrate with us. Simply complete one stay through October 6, 2012 and you'll earn 16,000 Wyndham Rewards points. That's enough for a free night!

Plus, as an added incentive, rates are starting at $59.99 at the new Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham hotels and $79.00 at the new Wyndham Hotels and Resorts hotels. There are many locations to choose from across the United States so book now and take advantage of this limited-time offer.

https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...062012:hotel20

Did anyone got similar email and it provided a link to promotion, but it looks like a targeted offer

Thanks

Last edited by samineni3; Aug 6, 2012 at 11:33 am Reason: link
Old Aug 6, 2012, 11:58 am

I received one too. Have you found any info on qualifying rates? I am pretty new to Wyndham, is there normally any restriction on earning miles on their promos vs points?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 12:45 pm

I received same offer. Now trying to figure out what rates qualify for this promotion. In the email they is a mention about qualifying rates, but didn't mention what are qualifying rates.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
I got this offer as well. As usual, if specific definitions are not attached to a promotion, the general definitions in a program's terms and conditions apply. Section I, part 5 provides this information about qualifying stays and rates (bolding mine):
A Qualified Stay means any number of consecutive nights (regardless of check-ins and check-outs) that a Member stays at the same Participating Hotel or Participating WH&R Property at a Qualifying Rate and which meets the other conditions included in Section II (B) below. Qualifying Rates include all rates except for the following: employee/family, travel agent, group, wholesale, package transportation/crew and other special contract rates, or free night stays. Most rates available through tour operators and travel websites (excluding Wyndham Rewards.com and the Participating Hotel Chain websites) such as Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, and Orbitz are wholesale rates and therefore do not qualify to earn Wyndham Rewards points, airline miles or rail points. Qualifying Rates for Participating Wyndham Hotels and Resorts, Wingate by Wyndham, and Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Properties include all rates except for the following: employee/family, travel agent, wholesale, package transportation/crew and other special contract rates, or free night stays. Most rates available through tour operators and travel websites (excluding Wyndham Rewards.com and the Participating Hotel Chain websites) such as Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, and Orbitz are wholesale rates and therefore do not qualify to earn Wyndham Rewards points, airline miles or rail points. Non-qualifying rates which are specific to Participating WH&R Properties include Wyndham Vacations inventory booked through Expedia which includes another travel component such as airfare or car rental.
In this case, you earn the 16K points for a qualifying stay at one of the 20 new properties Wyndham listed in the email. That won't help me much here because the nearest property to my home is still 3 1/2 hours away and just yesterday, I booked nonrefundable rates at two Marriott properties, including one near an eligible Wyndham property in Altamonte Springs, for an upcoming trip to Orlando.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
One night works for a trip I was planning to take, and the other two nights will be decent enough. Thanks for the heads up! Hello 16k points times 3 for under $75 each.

Only issue is I didn't get the email myself, does it look really targeted? Not sure if it is worth taking a chance on for the other two nights, the one night I can use anyway. I forgot to set my preferences to allow email

Last edited by TheBOSman; Aug 6, 2012 at 3:34 pm
Old Aug 6, 2012, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

I think you need book through the link

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
One night works for a trip I was planning to take, and the other two nights will be decent enough. Thanks for the heads up! Hello 16k points times 3 for under $75 each.

Only issue is I didn't get the email myself, does it look really targeted? Not sure if it is worth taking a chance on for the other two nights, the one night I can use anyway. I forgot to set my preferences to allow email
I think you need book through the link through the link provided in order to get bonus.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by samineni3
I think you need book through the link through the link provided in order to get bonus.
Indeed, I'm going to book one night, maybe two, simply instead of nights at other chains. Not overly concerned if it works for me or not since I need hotels those nights anyway and I'm nowhere near any stay bonuses or elite levels with other chains. Going to wait a day or two in case I get the email so I'll be less concerned.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only property near me on the list is charging $150+ a night for even something like an AARP rate. I don't think I can lower it much.

Meanwhile, I can find other brands of hotels nearby for just about 1/3 of that. (That's because the new property is a Wyndham and is priced for reimbursed business travel, while there are plenty of Days Inns and Travelodges and Super 8s nearby that have way more "affordable" pricing.)

Since I have to pay for all my stays on my own dime (and never get reimbursed), overpaying by $100ish is not worth 16000 WR points to me, sorry.

(It's not like the recent Club Carlson promos where I was able to find hotels for well under $100/night at some rates and earned 44000 to 50000 CC points per one-night stays at those.)
Old Aug 6, 2012, 8:52 pm

could this potentially chain with the 4x points summer promotion that is currently going on?
Old Aug 7, 2012, 5:05 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by TheBOSman

Don't be mad and don't listen to people here. It is not at all targeted. It's a great offer for any Wyndham Rewards member. No registration needed. The only condition is that you book one of the participating hotels.

Thank you Wyndham Rewards for this great offer ^
Old Aug 7, 2012, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scvrusher
could this potentially chain with the 4x points summer promotion that is currently going on?
If you're actually earning 4x points, then quite likely.

If you're earning 4x miles, though, then I'm not as sure. (And many of us are earning 4x Southwest Airlines, because it's much more valuable than 4x points.)
Old Aug 7, 2012, 1:06 pm

Hi, I am new to flyertalk. I have spoken with Wyndham Reward. The email was targeted and if you didn't receive you will not be rewarded.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 7:54 pm

While I didn't get one (), looking through the list, those of you in Texas may be able to get a good rate at the Wyndham Suites Park Central. I stayed here about 2 years ago when it was the Crowne Plaza Suites (and I'm guessing an Embassy Suites a decade or two before that), and it was a fairly low price per night. All 2 room suites IIRC, that were clean yet fairly dated. Assuming they haven't gone downhill in the past two years, it's not a bad choice.

Funny thing though - you had to receive a membership into their 'private club' to drink at the hotel bar. Must have something to do with the liquor laws there.

EDIT: The Hawthorn Suites next door used to be a decent Staybridge Suites as well. Wyndham must be offering a much better deal than IHG to the owner of those properties.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 11:27 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Is there no official Wyndham Lurker!? Why do two people get different information about the promotion? Why do not all the Wyndham members get the email! Questions which should be addresses by an official Wyndham Lurker!
Old Aug 9, 2012, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lowfareair
The Hawthorn Suites next door used to be a decent Staybridge Suites as well. Wyndham must be offering a much better deal than IHG to the owner of those properties.
IHG was not the owner before, and Wyndham is not the owner now.

Very few properties in any hotel program are actually owned by the hotel program.

What is most likely the case is that IHG instituted a new (or newly enforced) requirement for Staybridge which they didn't want to (or couldn't meet), or else they just didn't like the fees charges for the affliation. Not knowing the particular property at all, I can't say what it would be.

An example of something parallel that I do understand better, is why the Holiday Inn Express (HIX) Aneheim West became (with a short period in between as a Magnuson) a Baymont Inn & Suites. It's not in the standard HIX build with all interior corridors (it's a combination of interior and exterior corridors, with the only elevator in the exterior section) and the rooms are not in the standard HIX layout. HIX tightened up on their standards and this property, without tearing the building down and putting up another one, couldn't meet those. So they had to leave HIX. Then Baymont came along and said that as long as everything else about the hotel met their standards, it was ok to have an oddly organized building. (And the hotel is located on a street where few people are likely to physically stumble upon it -- not near any freeway exit, etc -- so they presumably feel that being in a national chain helps more with filling up rooms than it hurts with standards requirements, as long as the standards required are actually achievable.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 10, 2012 at 9:27 pm Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.