Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
Sorry for the confusion. The email for the free night on us promotion was sent to our US members who had opted to receive email extras from Wyndham Rewards. To qualify for this promotion the reservations need to be booked through the link included in the email.
I just had to reactivate my account, there was no email address on file. Is there any way of getting a link to book a stay?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 5:49 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
If they could be either points or miles I think you would have had a line item for the miles showing 16,000 miles as the bonus. Maybe the points post later but that would be unusual for Wyndham so a good possibility is that your account must be set to points for it to post even though that isn't stated in the T&Cs of the promotion.

Originally Posted by KathinJax
So, my regular stay has posted. What I did not realize is that my earnings preferences was set to US Airways miles, so I have 500 miles being posted to US Airways.

The 16,000 points have not posted yet.

I think that I am going to change my earnings to Delta - that is the award that I am working on. Even if the 16,000 points gets posted as Delta miles, that works fine for me!
Old Aug 21, 2012, 8:58 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
If they could be either points or miles I think you would have had a line item for the miles showing 16,000 miles as the bonus. Maybe the points post later but that would be unusual for Wyndham so a good possibility is that your account must be set to points for it to post even though that isn't stated in the T&Cs of the promotion.
Although the specific T&Cs don't state that the earning preference must be set to points rather than miles, I figured that was a reasonable (but not the only reasonable) interpretation of the requirements and then decided it was better to err on the side of caution and set my preference to Wyndham points.

I don't in any way believe that Wyndham will award 16K miles in any partner program as a result of this promotion. I suspect CC will say you either earn some piddling, standard amount of miles or 16K CC points.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:12 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Agreed but it would be nice for someone to post here that did have the 16k post. I had the same thing where mine was set to miles and the 16k didn't post with my stay as most bonus's do with Wyndham. So I'm wondering if this (mile selection) is it or not. Some promo's have allowed both in the distant past depending on where you live. The T&Cs would normally state you must be set to points in recent promotions. And this one is very odd that it doesn't.

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Although the specific T&Cs don't state that the earning preference must be set to points rather than miles, I figured that was a reasonable (but not the only reasonable) interpretation of the requirements and then decided it was better to err on the side of caution and set my preference to Wyndham points.

I don't in any way believe that Wyndham will award 16K miles in any partner program as a result of this promotion. I suspect CC will say you either earn some piddling, standard amount of miles or 16K CC points.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 2:29 am

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
just to confirm even if we didnt get the mail,as long as we go thru the link at the top of the page we should be ok for this?

thanks
Old Aug 22, 2012, 3:30 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
just to confirm even if we didnt get the mail,as long as we go thru the link at the top of the page we should be ok for this?

thanks
This post earlier in this thread, post 87, indicates that only reservations made through the email link will work. If your email preferences are not set to receive promotional emails regarding Wyndham, I'd reset your preferences. I have received several emails with links to this promotion.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 6:44 am

My no show points posted, days after checkout, but no bonus, I will follow up with a timeline if/when they do.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by midcitybeth
My no show points posted, days after checkout, but no bonus, I will follow up with a timeline if/when they do.
They said 6-8 weeks so I'm not expecting anything to happen overnight. Please do follow up with us! I've got a couple of these reservations on the books However my flights have been notoriously cancellation-prone so I may not make it to check in
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:21 pm

Second stay in Altamonte Springs posted this evening, three days after the stay. No bonus points on either stay have posted yet. I'll keep an eye on that because I should earn an additional 32K for these two stays.

I haven't been burned by a promotion yet, but I am concerned about how this one will work out. Although I used the link in the email Wyndham sent to me to make each reservation, there's nothing in the reservation or confirmation process to tell you that your booking has qualified for this promo.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Second stay in Altamonte Springs posted this evening, three days after the stay. No bonus points on either stay have posted yet. I'll keep an eye on that because I should earn an additional 32K for these two stays.

I haven't been burned by a promotion yet, but I am concerned about how this one will work out. Although I used the link in the email Wyndham sent to me to make each reservation, there's nothing in the reservation or confirmation process to tell you that your booking has qualified for this promo.
My first stay was tonight, I will also keep watching my account.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:14 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
The promotional points often do not post right away. Last year when I participated in another one of their promotions, the bonus points posted 6 days (4 business days) after the check-out date.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

thanks. Please update us when 16k hits your acct

Originally Posted by keirnna
My first stay was tonight, I will also keep watching my account.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 5:03 pm

I have also clicked through the email, had 3 stays done, and have just the regular miles post (within 3-4 days) ... no bonus miles yet.

I went as far as to call into the Rewards # and have a CSR note my account, since as you've said, there is no confirmation anywhere that this has been tracked properly.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
Sorry for the confusion. The email for the free night on us promotion was sent to our US members who had opted to receive email extras from Wyndham Rewards. To qualify for this promotion the reservations need to be booked through the link included in the email.
Again, what about those of us U.S. members that opted to receive email extras but did not receive an email? I was provided this reply from customer service. Am I out of luck?

[same as other received above]
Hello thegrailer,

Thank you for contacting Wyndham RewardsŪ.

I apologize that this promotion is not available for all members. Only the selected members who received the details are eligible to receive the bonus.

If you have additional questions, please contact Member Services at 1-866-WYN-RWDS (1-866-996-7937), or via email at [email protected]. Our Member Services hours are Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 11:00 pm EST or Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm EST.

Sincerely,

NAME
Wyndham RewardsŪ
PHONE: 1-866-996-7937
FAX: 1-800-306-0671
ID 8677

For every kind of traveler. For every kind of trip. www.wyndhamrewards.com
Old Aug 23, 2012, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by thegrailer
Again, what about those of us U.S. members that opted to receive email extras but did not receive an email? I was provided this reply from customer service. Am I out of luck?

[same as other received above]
If this is truly targeted, then you can do nothing. I have received this offer in two separate emails, however. One focused solely on this promo. The second came in a general email that mentioned a number of other offers. I might reset my account preferences in the hope of receiving another email with a link to this promotion.

Otherwise, it simply remains a targeted promotion. If you don't get this one, you'll probably get one down the line--that I don't get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.