Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: AOPA
does anyone know how long after the stay the 16,000 points get posted?
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, UA, DL, SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by oneeyejack
i'm assuming you didn't book a pre-paid rate?
This is what I see for prepaid rates. Not sure if you get bonus for no show advance purchase:

Wyndham.com Advanced Purchase rates are non-refundable and require a credit card payment in advance or the entire stay as reserved. No changes, cancellations or modifications may be made to Advanced Purchase rates. Early departures do not qualify for refund or unused portion of reservation. Reservation extensions will require a new reservation for the additional dates, subject to availability and rate changes. May not be combined with any other offers or promotions, and is not available to groups. If you fail to arrive at the hotel on scheduled arrival date, your reservation will be cancelled and you will not receive any refund or credit.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: Alaska, AA, UA, DL, SPG, AMEX
Ok, I have taken a stab by booking one night for ~$54 prepaid rate for 7th Sept. I will be a no show. So, lets see how this goes
Old Aug 16, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by teddy25
I did my 1st stay on Saturday. Nothing has posted yet - no regular points or bonus points. This bill definitely has my rewards number on it. I am hoping that it can get posted tomorrow - mainly because I am impatient and like to see things post quickly!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by teddy25
It says in the email:
'Members should allow six to eight weeks after completion of stay for the bonus points to be credited to their account. '

So I don't think they will show up very soon.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 8:10 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Well let me add my experience. I sent an email to Wyndham Customer Service on this issue and received this disappointing message:

Hello James,

Thank you for contacting Wyndham Rewards.

I regret to advise that the promotion you are referring to was sent to a selected group of Wyndham Reward members by our marketing departments, and therefore cannot be extended to all members.

If you have additional questions, please contact Member Services at 1-866-996-7937 or via email at [email protected]. Our Member Services hours are Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 11:00 pm EST or Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm EST.

Sincerely,

Jessica
Wyndham Rewards
PHONE: 1-866-WYN-RWDS (1-866-996-7937)
FAX: 1-800-306-0671
Login ID#74530

For every kind of traveler. For every kind of trip. www.wyndhamrewards.comed this message

Fortunately I received this email in time for me to change my weekend reservation to Holiday Inn. Good luck with this promotion.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: AOPA
Please keep us updated,

I called them tonight, they said regular points get posted in 5 business days, and bonus points get posted 6-8 weeks.

Originally Posted by KathinJax
I did my 1st stay on Saturday. Nothing has posted yet - no regular points or bonus points. This bill definitely has my rewards number on it. I am hoping that it can get posted tomorrow - mainly because I am impatient and like to see things post quickly!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by abraham andrew
would there be anyway to also use topcashback.com for this?
could people please post the best rates they find and for what date.
I don't think I would try going through a cash back site since the promo terms say to click through the link in the email.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by jedijood
I have been calling Wyndham asking them if advanced (prepaid) rates qualify for this promo. I am getting mixed answers. Some reps say yes, some say the individual hotels will have to decide. When I even call the individual hotel they dont even know there is a promo going on. Does anyone have a definite answer?
That sounds strange that the individual hotels will decide whether a rate qualifies for the promotion or not. Either advance purchase counts or it doesn't. It certainly should since the terms didn't specifically exclude it. It sounds like you got a hold of someone who just made up an answer.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 1:02 am

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by murtuza
This is what I see for prepaid rates. Not sure if you get bonus for no show advance purchase:

Wyndham.com Advanced Purchase rates are non-refundable and require a credit card payment in advance or the entire stay as reserved. No changes, cancellations or modifications may be made to Advanced Purchase rates. Early departures do not qualify for refund or unused portion of reservation. Reservation extensions will require a new reservation for the additional dates, subject to availability and rate changes. May not be combined with any other offers or promotions, and is not available to groups. If you fail to arrive at the hotel on scheduled arrival date, your reservation will be cancelled and you will not receive any refund or credit.
In my experience that just refers to additional discounts -- like a 20% discount for weekend stays, for instance -- and means that they don't stack with that. I don't think it means you won't get promo points based on stays. But we'll find out as people's points post.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Hi guys,
I called the Wyndham DFW Suites Park Centra
7800 Alpha Road | Dallas , TX 75240 | Phone 972-233-7600 | Fax 972-788-094 yesterday and they had no idea about this promotion
The reason for my call was that I couldn't log in with my Wyndham rewards. After talking to the representative, I realized that they have two system Wyndham rewards and wyndham by Request. The Wyndham DFW Suites is using the later one. I am a little bit skeptical about how to book this hotel since this promotion seems to be strict. Should I just book it and give them my reward number when check-in or should I try to login and book it.
The representative is very helpful and I am waiting for her to call back today
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by duc1986d
Hi guys,
I called the Wyndham DFW Suites Park Centra
7800 Alpha Road | Dallas , TX 75240 | Phone 972-233-7600 | Fax 972-788-094 yesterday and they had no idea about this promotion
The reason for my call was that I couldn't log in with my Wyndham rewards. After talking to the representative, I realized that they have two system Wyndham rewards and wyndham by Request. The Wyndham DFW Suites is using the later one. I am a little bit skeptical about how to book this hotel since this promotion seems to be strict. Should I just book it and give them my reward number when check-in or should I try to login and book it.
The representative is very helpful and I am waiting for her to call back today
So far, the general consensus seems to be that clicking through the link in the email sent by Wyndham is the only guaranteed way to get the bonus points.

To quote the T&Cs:

To qualify for the "16,000 bonus Points" promotion (the "Promotion") and earn 16,000 Wyndham Rewards® points, the member must (i) be an active member (ii) click through the email and book a stay at any of the 20 participating properties at a qualifying rate between August 6, 2012 and October 6, 2012 and complete their hotel stays by October 9, 2012 (the "Promotion Period").
So, it's not surprising that staff at the individual hotels have no idea about this promotion since it appears that Wyndham is handling this solely through website bookings originating from click throughs from the emails sent to Wyndham Rewards members.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:54 am

Talking

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
So far, the general consensus seems to be that clicking through the link in the email sent by Wyndham is the only guaranteed way to get the bonus points.

To quote the T&Cs:

So, it's not surprising that staff at the individual hotels have no idea about this promotion since it appears that Wyndham is handling this solely through website bookings originating from click throughs from the emails sent to Wyndham Rewards members.
Thanks I know that but the problem is that I can't login into my account because Wyndham has two reward systems. I wonder if I can get the points without using my Reward number and then give it to them at the hotel. It is probably unlikely
Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by duc1986d
Thanks I know that but the problem is that I can't login into my account because Wyndham has two reward systems. I wonder if I can get the points without using my Reward number and then give it to them at the hotel. It is probably unlikely
Can you join Wyndham By Request - log in - and then click through the link in the email and book a room that way?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:29 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jteef1
Can you join Wyndham By Request - log in - and then click through the link in the email and book a room that way?
I talked to a Wyndham reward representative and she told me that as long as I clicked through the email, I don't have to sign in to my Wyndham reward account and she said they will credit me in 6 to 8 weeks. I hope this is true

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.