Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Well nowhere did they public post on their website for people to go to the 'revere' promo either. Someone discovered it, many many blogged about about it, and now thousands of hotel nights have been booked by hundreds of DYKWIAs anticipating aprox 22 000 airline miles for less than 200$ Of course the loyalty program is at fault, who else is to blame .
Not sure I agree with you. A company advertises on a website a promotion, and in its terms and conditions does not say you must be targeted. When said customer is lured into purchasing something expecting the goods to be delivered, I think they are in their rights for expecting it to be so.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by smilee
A company advertises on a website a promotion, [..]
Could you point me to the place where the 'company' advertises this particular page to the general public? How does a promo page hidden someplace in the website that no one other than a blogger asked you to go to become an advertisement?

There is plenty of content on Wyndhams and other travel providers website that is not meant for the public. If you happen to stumble across such content and try to use it, you should be able accept the risk that the travel provider may deny you the right to grant you the benefits.

In the golden age the number of people misusing such things were minimal, now that hundreds pile on to every mistake travel providers will not make exceptions.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Here is what frustrates me about this offer.

First, I got a targeted email back in Sept. I did not take advantage of this offer. When I heard about the new offer and saw the website I personally made a call to Wyndham Rewards to clarify if this was a new offer or an extension. In good faith the rep told me that they extended the offer till the end of December and that since I got the email I was good to go with the extended dates. I was told I was "targeted". I move forward with non-refundable bookings.

The next day the Wyndham rep gets on here and states something different than I was told. Also responds personally to me saying this is different and I am not targeted since I got the email and different people got the mailer.

From that point I make a total of 4 different calls yesterday. I get different answers from most everyone about this offer. Even supervisors were telling totally opposite stories about this offer.

One even told me last night that the original email offer was sent to only a few targeted people. Then she said they opened up that offer to EVERYONE! I asked her how that was communicated and she said at first they only emailed a few customers and then emailed ALL their customers so everyone could take advantage of this offer.

My husband and I each have our own Wyndham account and we have points in both. He got an email. I did not. All my email preferences are open to all offers. I never got the targeted email. But what bothers me is this supervisor who works on the same floor told me the total opposite of one of her co-workers.

It was the supervisor yesterday that told me the new offer was now available to anyone going through the link. The second supervisor said that was not the case. First supervisor said if you go through the link it automatically codes your account for the 16K. Second supervisor said that the only way to get the points is if your account was targeted and that they will have to manually post these for people like myself since they noted my account.

I also got the "marketing just mailed out the flyers" and they haven't seen them speech. I would just like our Wyndham rep to do some research and get back to us. If our Wyndham rep would like the names of the supervisor's I spoke to I would be happy to send them via PM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 7:16 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Well nowhere did they public post on their website for people to go to the 'revere' promo either. Someone discovered it, many many blogged about about it, and now thousands of hotel nights have been booked by hundreds of DYKWIAs anticipating aprox 22 000 airline miles for less than 200$ Of course the loyalty program is at fault, who else is to blame .
All they need to do is oversell their hotels now and they'll be fine. I'm sure a bunch of people will never come, so they will have double-sold out properties
Old Oct 19, 2012, 7:22 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
I will post a PUBLIC page, where the promotion is being ADVERTISED, and the T&C say nothing about this being invite only promo.

www.wyndhamrewards.com/bonus16

Whether I found this page via their website, Google, a blog, random guessing... makes no difference when the T&C clearly state it is for everyone. Point made.

Last edited by caGALINDO; Oct 19, 2012 at 7:30 am
Old Oct 19, 2012, 7:41 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
another link to same promotion

https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...kmem:us:revere

So here is another link to the same promotion that I found just making a search about wyndham hotels on the internet.

It is publically available and I didn't get it from a blogger. I notice the word "revere" in this link which is what the supervisor I spoke to called it. That was the same supervisor yesterday who told me it was open to everyone who clicked through the link and it was not targeted...
Old Oct 19, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, AA Plat, Marriott LT P, IHG Diamond Amb
Could you point me to the place where the 'company' advertises this particular page to the general public? How does a promo page hidden someplace in the website that no one other than a blogger asked you to go to become an advertisement?

There is plenty of content on Wyndhams and other travel providers website that is not meant for the public. If you happen to stumble across such content and try to use it, you should be able accept the risk that the travel provider may deny you the right to grant you the benefits.

In the golden age the number of people misusing such things were minimal, now that hundreds pile on to every mistake travel providers will not make exceptions.
I wouldn't necessarily call a page hidden when I can Google "Wyndham 16000 points" and get the following results from my query: https://www.google.com/search?q=wynd...hrome&ie=UTF-8

The seventh result down is from Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Omaha and directs you to the promo page. Doesn't seem that Wyndham made much of an effort to hide or keep "revere" in the dark from search engines.

EDIT: Now that Wyndham has revised their website, the link says it was only a targeted offer.

Last edited by northshorepa; Oct 19, 2012 at 10:49 am Reason: Change on Wyndham Website
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:11 am

Good start.

10/18/12 ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FL - RAYMON

Points earned: 0

Lol.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:16 am

------

Last edited by crimsonAA; Nov 14, 2017 at 4:57 am
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by crimsonAA
So, now they're just blatantly violating their own rules... Was that a standard rate or did you use an AAA (or other) discount?
This particular one was the Best+1000 rate (so I even paid them MORE, lol).

I have some other stays booked on AAA and the 8000000066 coupon, I'm thinking they should qualify just the same as they never state that it's a non-point-qualifying stay.

On the phone with the rep now... let's see what happens.

[edit] update: she phoned the property and I think the property force-cancelled the booking. But she made them charge my CC and said the bonus points will post in 6-8 weeks.

Last edited by Pseudo Nim; Oct 19, 2012 at 8:24 am
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Good start.

10/18/12 ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, FL - RAYMON

Points earned: 0

Lol.

FYI I got in on the first promotion and it took a few days for the "normal" points to post 300 or so of them. Then it took another two weeks or so to get the other points but I did indeed get the full 16K. YMMV. I hope you get them.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by czeigler
FYI I got in on the first promotion and it took a few days for the "normal" points to post 300 or so of them. Then it took another two weeks or so to get the other points but I did indeed get the full 16K. YMMV. I hope you get them.
Yep my bad - I have too much faith in these computer thingies that they keep writing on the news about. Air Canada and LH sometimes posted points while I was *in* flight, so I thought it would be reasonable to think they might post the day after.... I'll wait
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:33 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Clarification

Hi,
I hope this will help to clarify for everyone…

There were 2 separate offers.

One offer was communicated to a group of existing members through an email invitation. This offer ended 10/6/12. Only those members who received the email invitation were eligible for this offer.

The second offer was communicated to a group of existing members through a direct mail invitation. Only those members who received this direct mail invitation are eligible for this offer. This offer is valid through 12/31/12.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
So is this Wyndham final stand? Not honoring the T&C?
Not sure why they still haven't updated the T&C on the website yet.

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards
Hi,

One offer was communicated to a group of existing members through an email invitation. This offer ended 10/6/12. Only those members who received the email invitation were eligible for this offer.

The second offer was communicated to a group of existing members through a direct mail invitation. Only those members who received this direct mail invitation are eligible for this offer. This offer is valid through 12/31/12.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards
Hi,

This now seems a little unfair considering a few of the people above me are now going to get the bonus without having been sent the e-mail and simply making a phone call afterward.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.