Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2012, 7:27 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, DL PM, US Plat, Vrgn At Gold, SWA Comp, HH Dia, SPG Gold, CC Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Slvr
I made 3 reservations including this coming Sunday for a quick trip to Denver. Ironically I spent 30 minutes on the phone this afternoon fighting for stay credit from the original 16,000 pt promotion. One posted in 3 days one still hasnt posted 6 weeks later. I'm done. Never stayed at your properties in the past but was willing to try with your seemingly generous promotions. It's just not worth all the BS. I'll be canceling Omaha, Louisville and Denver momentarily.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 7:30 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
Originally Posted by tiger302
I wouldn't do that.

How do you know if your partner portal is a "qualified rate"? Most of the times such bookings give zero points.
I guess I should've clarified... I booked through the Ultimate Rewards portal. So, I ended up booking a room on the Days Inn site.

So, it isn't like I booked at Expedia or something. I booked on the actual website, just went through a portal.

There should be no reason that would disqualify me.
Except that Days Inn do not qualify
Old Oct 18, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Originally Posted by Tiki
I never could figure out the benefit of targeting promos anyway. I am sure this strategy worked well even up to 5 or 6 years ago but nowadays when EVERYTHING gets posted on forums and blogs, I think targeting works AGAINST a brand. Sure the 10% or whatever may be happy but then the other 90% end up resenting the brand and wondering "What's wrong with me? Why did THEY get invited but I didn't? Why doesn't this brand appreciate me?"

Maybe Wyndham should take a note from Club Carlson. Their Big Night Giveaway promo was open to the first 50,000 who registered and ANY member was eligible to register. If you didn't make the top 50,000, that was YOUR fault for not getting there on time, not Club Carlson's fault.

I am not a big spender but I do use Wyndham properties, I also use Priority Club, Club Carlson and sometimes SPG, depending on who has the best option where I am going. Having said that, I have been giving more and more bookings to Club Carlson lately because I feel that they are fair in how they run their promos and don't pick and choose amongst their members who gets in and who doesn't.

^ completely agree. I am actually in the same boat. When CC ran the 3x50K promo acros their brands this summer, I jumped at the opportunity and stayed in all of their brands during one business trip (my colleagues thought I was raving mad). I have since discovered that some of the Carlson brands are not bad - and I'm staying in one this Sunday again. This bs about maybe qualifying, or maybe not, certainly does not play too well for brand appreciation. I hope they come around.
So funny, I agree completely. I thought the Big Night thing would just be an easy way to score a bunch of free points, but now having redeemed a bunch of them on cash+points and award nights, I find Club Carlson a total class act. Talk about a successful promotion! Compare to Marriott's Stay Two Get One promo...two stays is all it took to convince me not to go back...

Re: Wyndham, I find this amateur hour stuff just incredible. They only do two things: sell hotel rooms and operate a loyalty program. If this is how they run their loyalty program, how do they run their hotel chain? They posted the promo page without even glancing at the terms and conditions? Did they just copy them from another unrelated promotion and change the dates?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 8:50 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Except that Days Inn do not qualify
And you would need to book through the webpage and the link provided. Not direct. Otherwise anyone with a Wyndham number who stayed at these 20 properties would receive 16K points just for a normal stay!

Even though there is still a lot of discussion on whether this is or is not targeted the one constant thing I was told was that in order to get the 16K you would need to go through the link...
Old Oct 18, 2012, 9:00 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Awesome.

Last edited by caGALINDO; Oct 24, 2012 at 6:13 am
Old Oct 18, 2012, 9:35 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

I would prefer that they honor the promo they can keep my money
Old Oct 18, 2012, 9:42 pm

The only thing I don't understand is why these promos go wrong so often. Don't companies have competent staff working on these things? This is the social media age! You have to be careful! It you want it to be targeted, say that, or make people type in a response code or something!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:12 pm

Programs: all
This does not clear up the issue. The T+C's dont say this is targeted and let anyone register. Given that many people including myself have made non refundable reservations. What is your solution. Are you going to give us points or let us cancel the reservations??.

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
Sorry for the confusion everyone. To clarify there were 2 parts to this promotion.

First part were for members who were targeted through email and the dates for that part were August 6, 2012 to October 6, 2012 and completed by October 9, 2012.

Second part is for member's who were targeted through direct mail. Dates for this part are 9/12/12 to 12/31/12 and completed by 1/3/13.

To qualify you need to have been sent the direct mailer and book through the link provided. If you were not sent the direct mailer and you book through the link you will not receive the points for the promotion.

The second part of this promotion is not an extension of the first so if you had received the email and had not completed your stay you are not able to take part in the second part of the promotion unless you had also received the direct mail offer.

Hope this clears up any confusion.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:23 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by sargenet
Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Wyndham about this. They confirmed to me that the only people who will get the 16K are those that were targeted for this promotion via email or mailer.

I was told that those people who were targeted have their account coded as such. Those targeted people must then use the link to book their stays in order to get these bonus points.

The rep I spoke to worked with her supervisor. She said they are not sure why the bloggers posted the www.wyndhamrewards.com/bonus16 web page for this promotion because it is not open to anyone booking this link.

They basically said if you book through this link and were NOT targeted you still won't get these points. It is NOT OPEN to everyone.

The reason I called is because my husband and I both have a Wyndham account but I did not get the original email. I was going to book some rooms in my name. The rep checked my account and said if I were to go through that website I still wouldn't get the 16K because I was not targeted on my account.

I realize the terms and conditions on the webpage to not clarify this. But the rep said they did not advertise this promotion to everyone (nor did they advertise this web page) and the bloggers posting this link are doing a grave injustice to their readers because these people won't get the 16K if they were not targeted....

That was what I was told! I would be real careful with this one!~
I think that Wyndham really need to have a talk to their internal lawyers about what Terms and Conditions mean, they are legally enforceable on both sides. What a Wyndham representative tells you on the phone or posts on a website does NOT have the force of law though you may get them on misrepresentation. I'd be capturing the T&C's from the website, they would have difficulty arguing against them in a court of law.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 1:16 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by pantanal
This does not clear up the issue. The T+C's dont say this is targeted and let anyone register. Given that many people including myself have made non refundable reservations. What is your solution. Are you going to give us points or let us cancel the reservations??.
Where can you register? There is no link for that action!!!!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 2:21 am

Programs: all
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Where can you register? There is no link for that action!!!!
https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...kmem:us:revere
Old Oct 19, 2012, 2:58 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Still no place to "register" for this promotion.

Speaking of that, if Wyndham (or any loyalty program for that matter) wants to make sure only certain promos go to certain accounts (aka "targeted")... take a page from Delta's book and make people register for them. If you don't qualify for the promotion, then there will be a rejection sequence or some "you don't qualify for this promotion" message and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Just sayin.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:07 am

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
That's because the T&C's do not require you to register. Given they have realised there is a problem they want you to think you need to to try and stop people taking advantage.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Henry82
Still no place to "register" for this promotion.
Well nowhere did they public post on their website for people to go to the 'revere' promo either. Someone discovered it, many many blogged about about it, and now thousands of hotel nights have been booked by hundreds of DYKWIAs anticipating aprox 22 000 airline miles for less than 200$ Of course the loyalty program is at fault, who else is to blame .
Old Oct 19, 2012, 6:23 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Awesome.

Last edited by caGALINDO; Oct 24, 2012 at 6:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.