Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2012, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA MR UR AA
Originally Posted by Tiki
I'm inclined to be cautious until the Wyndham rep confirms it's a public offer. I wouldn't want to book a bunch of unneeded hotels stays (none of the locations are near me) and then find out you had to click through a link.
OK so here's what I've gathered so far:

- it's not clear that this offer is targeted or not
- going for the prepaid 7-day advanced booking to save 10% should work
- no-shows might not qualify

So yes hurry up Wyndham and let us know if this is public or not.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

* no shows credit no matter what, now whether manually or automatically depends on location.

I am in for one room on the 25th in Florida (to get the 15% off rate), for a cost of $56.60... Will book more once we hear more. My theory is that the first giveaway worked so well that they're giving it another go but open to all as an experiment. I think their hotels enjoyed that last boost in revenue
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by samineni3
Is this a targeted offer or public offer
last time it was required to click through the email which had a targeted url
this time it does not.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 1:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by caGALINDO
i got an email for each booking that said "i am already a member" did yall run into that?
Same here. Just disregard.

Originally Posted by Tiki
I'm inclined to be cautious until the Wyndham rep confirms it's a public offer. I wouldn't want to book a bunch of unneeded hotels stays (none of the locations are near me) and then find out you had to click through a link.
T&C doesnt include any such requirement as last time.

Originally Posted by farulg
OK so here's what I've gathered so far:

- it's not clear that this offer is targeted or not
- going for the prepaid 7-day advanced booking to save 10% should work
- no-shows might not qualify.
Gather more About the first see above, and regarding the last- see previous post, and I dont see WR t&c has changed.
AP is a good rate, and a sure way to at least be charged.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 4:51 am

Programs: Marriott:P, Le Club:P, HHornors: G, Carlson: G, SPG:G, IHG:PA
Does anyone know if the BAR plus 1k points rate is eligible for this 16k promotion? The rate is same as BAR.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 4:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hgus2727
Does anyone know if the BAR plus 1k points rate is eligible for this 16k promotion? The rate is same as BAR.
Yes^
Old Oct 18, 2012, 6:13 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
It actually is the same promotion that had been emailed out. The dates on the mailed out version are later because it arrived later to members then the email had, however it is the same promotion.

Originally Posted by samineni3
I already got 48k from last promotion. Is it possible to participate in new offer and get 48k more for 3 stays (old and new promotion dates overlap). Any takers

Last edited by Wyndham Alison; Oct 18, 2012 at 6:28 am
Old Oct 18, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
It actually is the same promotion that had been emailed out. The dates on the mailed out version are later because it arrived later to members then the email had, however it is the same promotion.
So that means that we can't get a second set of 48,000 points?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 7:18 am

can the 3 nights be at the SAME hotel but different dates (non-consecutive)?

also, does stay one save 15% count as elgible 16k points

Last edited by metoo; Oct 18, 2012 at 7:26 am
Old Oct 18, 2012, 7:21 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by KathinJax
That also means that no bonus points if not gotten email
Old Oct 18, 2012, 7:50 am
Suspended

The link showing second round and its t&c says nothing about targeted (I also have from CS that first round was extended beyond the targeted, if using link). So please confirm in this aspect anyone can use the new link provided.

Originally Posted by KathinJax
Not according to lurker post, but yes according to t&c as I read them differently.

Originally Posted by metoo
can the 3 nights be at the SAME hotel but different dates (non-consecutive)?

also, does stay one save 15% count as elgible 16k points
Yes and yes.

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
That also means that no bonus points if not gotten email
I dont think so.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 8:21 am

"Quote:
Originally Posted by hgus2727

Yes "

Actually, I've gotten some pushback on this from Wyndham. I called to get the 1K offer, and they told me since I got the 16K, I wouldn't get the 1K, that Hawthorn suites weren't even in that promotion. I sent my reservation email to them yesterday, but she certainly wasn't going to give me it over the phone (she had talked to some other people over there.)
Old Oct 18, 2012, 8:22 am

Thanks for coming here to clarify. Could you please let us know explicitly that if we participated the first time, that we will not be allowed to earn points again? The first version of this promotion, and this current version, have different landing pages, T&Cs, dates, etc., so other than your statement above, it's not clear that these are the same promotion.

Again, thanks for helping us figure this out. It's a great promotion, which is why folks are so excited about it. But if participating in the version of the promotion that came via email several months ago precludes us from doing so this time around, we would certainly like to have that information clarified.

Thanks
Old Oct 18, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
I called in to Wyndham yesterday about this before I caught up on all the postings here. I got the email a few months ago about this offer but did not participate. When I called the rep in regards to these new dates I asked if this was a new promotion or if they were just extending the existing promotion.

After putting me on hold she came back on and said they had just EXTENDED the dates of the promotion that was emailed to me....

I jumped on board with 2 prepaid reservations. I felt comfortable because I had received the previous email. But after much research I have not been able to find this promotion advertised by Wyndham anywhere other than the targeted email.....

Makes me worry that it still won't be good for anyone who wasn't targeted. I hope I am wrong!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
I'm not sure if I received the previous promotion email. Should I take the risk and book for this "extended" promotion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.