Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2012, 3:51 pm

The points of both of my stays have posted. I want to see some bonus post before I book anything else.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 9:17 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by keirnna
The points of both of my stays have posted. I want to see some bonus post before I book anything else.
Wyndham created unnecessary uncertainty about this promo that could have been simply solved by requiring registration or providing some confirmation upon booking that you've booked a qualifying rate. I'll probably do a third booking, to reach the maximum bonus, but I'm starting to sense that their promotions department may have fumbled here. I'm sure they think they have a way of proving that you booked through the email link, but how does a customer know that his booking has qualified?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 12:10 am

Programs: (almost) everything!
It is rare to see Wyndham properties which follow their own no-show policy. Wyndham Customer Service may ask you hotel bill, so be prepare it before calling/claiming. They usually don't deny your request.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:57 am

Programs: UA Silver, HY Diamod, MR Gold, PCR Plat
Unhappy

I thought I booked a stay for this weekend but accidentally put Last Friday as check in date. I just found out this morning when I tried to modify my stay. This is a regular rate so I think I am going to be charged for no-show. Strangely, Wyndham listed my stay as non-qualified and $0.00 charged for the room. I have not seen any charges on my credit card yet.

Last edited by flyfire; Sep 4, 2012 at 9:47 am
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

Just received the email today! Great! Can't wait take part. I will make sure to show up* and book qualifying stays. Are the bonus points awarded if I stay 3 consecutive nights in a row? 3x 16,000?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:37 am

Programs: Hiltonhonors gold, Priority Club platimum, Club Carlson gold, Marriott gold
Hi, Did you request the e-mail or was it just recently sent? My account is set-up to receive Wyndham points and all the e-mails but I never received the offer. I have one prepaid reservation via the FT link at a participating property but I am reluctant to book more at this property if I won't qualify. Just curious about if they are still sending out the e-mails. Thank you for any information.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Just received the email today! Great! Can't wait take part. I will make sure to show up* and book qualifying stays. Are the bonus points awarded if I stay 3 consecutive nights in a row? 3x 16,000?
From the T&C:

One stay includes all consecutive nights at the same hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by KathinJax
From the T&C:
In Chicago, the three hotels are near each other. I just booked consecutive days at different hotels.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by beggsmoore
Hi, Did you request the e-mail or was it just recently sent? My account is set-up to receive Wyndham points and all the e-mails but I never received the offer. I have one prepaid reservation via the FT link at a participating property but I am reluctant to book more at this property if I won't qualify. Just curious about if they are still sending out the e-mails. Thank you for any information.
I set up an account right after the promo started and emailed Wyndham asking for the promo email. They said they couldn't manually generate it. Then today I got one - I wonder if they sent out a second round, potentially to new accounts?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 4:06 pm

I got sent a new one today
Old Sep 4, 2012, 4:11 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

Ditto ^^^
Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Ditto ^^^
Do we need to call Schaumberg and Hoffman Estates to charge the credit cards or will they do it automatically with a phantom stay?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Do we need to call Schaumberg and Hoffman Estates to charge the credit cards or will they do it automatically with a phantom stay?
No to both actually, I phantom stayed never got charged. They refused to check me in by phone. I'm sure wybdham told them nit to allow this
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:04 pm

Another data point for ALTAMONTE SPRINGS in Orlando.

I booked two rooms on 08/29 (one in my name, one in my wife's name) at the 15% discount rate ($61.31 total per room). Since I was in Orlando at the time, we actually checked in (and left 15 minutes later from the side exit). My card was charged on 08/30, transaction posted on 08/31, and 277 points are shown on Wyndham Rewards site for both our accounts.

I also booked a single room on 08/31 in my name, again at the 15% discount rate ($61.31 total), but this time I was lazy and didn't bother going to check in. My card was charged on 09/01, transaction posted on 09/03, but 0 points are shown on Wyndham Rewards site, with the explanation that it was a non-qualifying rate.

Since my credit card was actually charged for this second stay, any thoughts about whether I'd still get the 16k deal? Or should I call Wyndham to ask why it was a non-qualifying rate? (I assume the answer would be related to this being a phantom stay.)
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Thanks for your update.
List for No Go (Phantom stay)
1) ALTAMONTE SPRINGS in Orlando
2) Hoffman Estates in Chicago
3)Schaumberg, IL

Please PM your experience if you want to add to this list (go or no go properties)

Thanks
Originally Posted by TheFugitiveGuy
Another data point for ALTAMONTE SPRINGS in Orlando.

I booked two rooms on 08/29 (one in my name, one in my wife's name) at the 15% discount rate ($61.31 total per room). Since I was in Orlando at the time, we actually checked in (and left 15 minutes later from the side exit). My card was charged on 08/30, transaction posted on 08/31, and 277 points are shown on Wyndham Rewards site for both our accounts.

I also booked a single room on 08/31 in my name, again at the 15% discount rate ($61.31 total), but this time I was lazy and didn't bother going to check in. My card was charged on 09/01, transaction posted on 09/03, but 0 points are shown on Wyndham Rewards site, with the explanation that it was a non-qualifying rate.

Since my credit card was actually charged for this second stay, any thoughts about whether I'd still get the 16k deal? Or should I call Wyndham to ask why it was a non-qualifying rate? (I assume the answer would be related to this being a phantom stay.)

Last edited by samineni3; Sep 4, 2012 at 11:27 pm Reason: add

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.