Wiki Posts
Search

Wyndham Hotel overbooked

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2012, 5:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Wyndham Hotel overbooked

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum. I booked 2 nights at Wyndham downtown Pittsburgh, it's overbooked. They get me a doubletree near airport for one night and will upgrade me for tomorrow. Well, I booked a downtown hotel plus the inconvenience, what kind of compensation can I ask from them tomorrow? I dont have any membership at wyndham
Old May 26, 2012, 5:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life
Originally Posted by 9Benua
I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum. I booked 2 nights at Wyndham downtown Pittsburgh, it's overbooked. They get me a doubletree near airport for one night and will upgrade me for tomorrow. Well, I booked a downtown hotel plus the inconvenience, what kind of compensation can I ask from them tomorrow? I dont have any membership at wyndham
Didn't they just take care of you got you a room and upgrade the next day
Old May 26, 2012, 6:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Taking care of me is getting me another room in downtown, not 5 miles away near the airport.
Old May 26, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: The usual suspects
When I've been "walked," the night at the substitute hotel was free, transportation between the two was covered both ways, and then some other sweeteners - extra points, free breakfast, upgraded room, etc.

And yes, I was ok with that on a very occasional basis.
Old May 26, 2012, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by 9Benua
Taking care of me is getting me another room in downtown, not 5 miles away near the airport.
You mean an upgrade back at the hotel downtown? If they're paying for you to get back and forth and you get points for both nights, I'm not sure what else you're due, but it does seem reasonable to give you a bunch of points. Out by the airport when you booked downtown is indeed a major inconvenience.
Old May 26, 2012, 10:14 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
You can ask for whatever you want, but you probably won't get anything other than a room where ever they put you and transportation to get there.

Hotels overbook, it happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.