Wiki Posts
Search

WR on Daily Getaways

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold; US silver
WR on Daily Getaways

Upcoming is availability to purchase 50,000 WR points and the promotion states that they can be used for 2 night stays. But the hotel I want to use is 16,000 points per night. Can I use the points for 3 nights if I purchase the promotion. Is there a 2 night maximum or was that just an illustration?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 1:45 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

You will be buying 50k points and can use them any way you want -- hotel stays (any category), airline transfers, gift cards. There will be a lot of competition for these points; last year, the deal sold out immediately. Good luck!
Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold; US silver
Thanks!
Old Apr 21, 2012, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FromDC
Upcoming is availability to purchase 50,000 WR points and the promotion states that they can be used for 2 night stays. But the hotel I want to use is 16,000 points per night. Can I use the points for 3 nights if I purchase the promotion. Is there a 2 night maximum or was that just an illustration?
Actually, the upcoming is several different deals (most but not all at the same point/dollar ratios whcih I don't find to be that great in this case) ranging from 16000 for $55 to 50000 for $143. (There's a goofy one for only 48000 for $165 which you should avoid, as you can see it's a way worse deal than the others.)

https://dailygetaways.ustravel.org/

Right at the moment they're all here, and you see them by hovering over the pictures on the right (and scroll down to see the compartively-worse $165 deal).

I don't know how they make up these prices, but I stay at several Days Inns regularly for $55 (AAA or AARP) anyway, yet those Days Inn need more than 8000 points per night! That's why I'm saying this may not be a good deal unless you have a much better-valued redemption in mind.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 7:56 am

Some of the hotels have lower redemption rates than they mention so a check online might show a good deal depending on what city you would be staying in.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:27 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt
Just noticed on the T&Cs "Max. Quantity per Purchase: 1. No more than 1 set of points purchased through this offer are allowed per Wyndham Rewards® number."

Does this mean that, unlike last year, you can only purchase one lot of points? Or that, since they artificially break it up among different kinds of Wyndham properties, each "offer" is one set of points?

Not sure how to read it!

(and also not sure about how the Facebook side of things will work, wondering if they'll be posting details on their page at some point soon?)
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by lettezilla
Just noticed on the T&Cs "Max. Quantity per Purchase: 1. No more than 1 set of points purchased through this offer are allowed per Wyndham Rewards® number."
"(1) set of points may be purchased for this offer per Wyndham Rewards® account number. Up to 6 sets of points may be purchased in total for any Wyndham Rewards offer in this promotion per customer/account number."

I read it as each offer may only be purchased once. On the $55 Super 8 offer, it says this:

"Up to 2 sets of points may be purchased for this offer. Up to 6 sets of points may be purchased in total for any Wyndham Rewards offer in this promotion per customer/account number."

So, you are limited to 1 per individual offer, and 2 for the Super 8 offer. Buying one of each and 2 Super 8s will get you to the max of 6 per customer/account #.

That said, good luck. The Wyndham page currently has 44,000 Likes, I'd bet many happened within the last month for the presale code. I'm personally predicting a site crash.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
is it only the wyndham page that will post the presale or the individual hotel fb pages?

nmind... wyndham rewards fb page

Last edited by mrredskin; Apr 23, 2012 at 9:22 am
Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by sdsearch
rices, but I stay at several Days Inns regularly for $55 (AAA or AARP) anyway, yet those Days Inn need more than 8000 points per night! That's why I'm saying this may not be a good deal unless you have a much better-valued redemption in mind.
UA/AA/US miles at less than 1 CPM.

Considering that MRs of less than 3 CPM are pretty decent these days, I'm in. All three airlines have decent awards at reasonably low levels, and I don't have ways to consistently accumulate in AA and UA the same way I can buy US miles, so... yeah.

Last edited by eponymous_coward; Apr 23, 2012 at 9:48 am
Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
UA/AA/US miles at less than 1 CPM.

Considering that MRs of 3 CPM are pretty decent these days, I'm in. All three airlines have decent awards at reasonably low levels, and I don't have ways to consistently accumulate in AA and UA the same way I can buy US miles, so... yeah.
Indeed. I can do 2 cpm on AA with my eyes closed. I usually aim higher but 2 cpm is my minimum.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Indeed. I can do 2 cpm on AA with my eyes closed. I usually aim higher but 2 cpm is my minimum.
That being said, Wyndham has properties overseas where you can also get good value out of the points. I noted their resorts on Bali were 10K-15K a night, for instance. ^
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:04 am

snagged one of the "Days Inn" redemptions. completed purchase in 2.5 minutes. all others were sold out immediately after submitting that purchase
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrredskin
snagged one of the "Days Inn" redemptions. completed purchase in 2.5 minutes. all others were sold out immediately after submitting that purchase
Naturally I copied and pasted the code from the Facebook page. And forgot to remove the extra space at the end that my copying picked up. Resulted in an invalid code. Figured it out 30 seconds later, all gone.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:09 am

I went for Wingate, since it's a worse deal than the rest. Piece of cake. This one is pretty cutthroat. For those of us who aren't using any kind of special computer tricks or whatever those who can snap these up use, 100k points looks like it will be a pretty good haul.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Naturally I copied and pasted the code from the Facebook page. And forgot to remove the extra space at the end that my copying picked up. Resulted in an invalid code. Figured it out 30 seconds later, all gone.
at work and fb is blocked. one time that having it blocked and having to manually enter the code after refreshing constantly on phone and internet worked out! here;s hoping for grand slam 2012!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.