Byrequest # versus Wyndham rewards #

Subscribe
delete...customer service said there would not be a problem
Hello,

Do you need assistance with your Wyndham Rewards or ByRequest accounts? If yes, can you please send me a private message with your account numbers.

Thank you!

Quote: delete...customer service said there would not be a problem
Quote: delete...customer service said there would not be a problem
Too late. Only a moderator can delete a message, and I think only before it gets replies, and only if you alert them to it (using the red triangle at the bottom left of any message). Just asking to "delete" in the body of the message does no good.

Since the thread can't be deleted, can you please at least post what your question was and what the resolution was by customer service, so that others can learn from it? (Quite likely someone has the same question that you did, but just hasn't posted it yet!)

Thanks.
Quote: Too late. Only a moderator can delete a message, and I think only before it gets replies, and only if you alert them to it (using the red triangle at the bottom left of any message). Just asking to "delete" in the body of the message does no good.

Since the thread can't be deleted, can you please at least post what your question was and what the resolution was by customer service, so that others can learn from it? (Quite likely someone has the same question that you did, but just hasn't posted it yet!)

Thanks.

I kind of want to know the difference too... And what the benefits and aspects are of each.

Thanks.
I registered for a Wyndham rewards account so I could purchase the 16k points with the AMEX deal getaway. When i click on "submit" for the registration, it stated that another account is opened with the same email address. I had forgotten I already opened an account.

I was given the Byrequest number which I used to purchase the 16 k points. When I logged onto the account later in the evening, I realized I had another account number which was the Wyndham rewards. Both under my name.

I called and asked the CSR whether the points will be deposited in my account since I gave the Byrequest number instead of the Wyndham rewards number. He said "yes"

Deal was on Monday....I still do not see it in my account.
Quote: I kind of want to know the difference too... And what the benefits and aspects are of each.

Thanks.
Think of it as points program vs. benefits program:

https://www.wyndham.com/servlet/rewards_benefits.wnt?

WyndhamRewards has you earn points or miles on stays that you can redeem for free travel, gift cards, etc. They can be earned at any hotel brand owned by Wyndham (Wyndham, Ramada, Knights Inn, etc.)

ByRequest gives you benefits during your stay - free internet, welcome snack/drink, late checkout, etc. I believe the benefits get slightly better the more you stay. They can only be earned at Wyndham brand hotels (Wyndham, Wyndham Garden, etc.) and not at other brands such as Super 8 or Ramada.
Wyndham company representative posted the 16k points in my account.

thanks