Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Old Apr 10, 12, 6:38 am   #31
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
That is correct, you will receive your airline miles for your hotel stays and after two stays get a bonus of 10,000 points.

Also to clarify, there is a limit of 2 bonuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldnhlj View Post
Hi, thanks for your prompt attention to the question.

I am inquiring on the international offer indeed.

And I understand that the bonus is only available in the currency of points (10,000 WR points), but my question is regarding the standard earning for hotel stays, i.e. 500 miles per stay in certain frequent flyer programmes.

So if i set my earning preference to miles for all stays, will i still receive the 10,000 bonus points after every 2nd stay for up to 3 bonuses in addition to the standard mileage earning?
Wyndham Rewards 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 12, 8:55 am   #32

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards View Post
If this is for our international offer, airline miles are excluded, it's only points. So, yes, you will receive the bonus as points. You can always redeem those points for miles if you'd like. Here is an example of the Terms from our UK offer: https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...VEL&variant=uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelkid View Post
This must be wrong? I see no requirement to have your acct set up to earn points to get this bonus. I will assume that this bonus is in addition to your preference of miles or points- which has been the case during previous promos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2 View Post
That is correct, you will receive your airline miles for your hotel stays and after two stays get a bonus of 10,000 points.
In case you have provided the wrong info (as your two posts are contradicting themselves) above, you should really edit.

Quote:
Also to clarify, there is a limit of 2 bonuses.
This is also clearly wrong. See t&c; "Provided they have complied with (i) to (iv) above, Members can earn 10,000 Wyndham Rewards bonus points for every two Qualified Stays completed during the timescales set out at (iii) and (iv) above, subject to a maximum bonus entitlement of 30,000 Wyndham Rewards Points"

30000/10000 = 3 and not 2
travelkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 12, 12:53 pm   #33
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
See t&c; "Provided they have complied with (i) to (iv) above, Members can earn 10,000 Wyndham Rewards bonus points for every two Qualified Stays completed during the timescales set out at (iii) and (iv) above, subject to a maximum bonus entitlement of 30,000 Wyndham Rewards Points"

Gosh, not only are IMHO 10000 points worth much more than a couple movie tickets, but WR lets international people earn a bonus on 6 stays (3 10k bonuses times 2 stays each) but US people max out after 4 stays (2 movie ticket bonuses times 2 stays each)? Why such a discrepancy? (And obviously it also causes confusion!)
sdsearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 12, 3:45 pm   #34

Hello, Thank you for pointing out the posts and letting me clarify. For our International members (all countries outside the US, Canada and Mexico); If your earning preference is miles and you are registered for the promotion, you will earn miles for your hotel stays and receive the bonus in points.

As for the limit, please let me verify the terms and conditions and get back to you.

Thanks!

Quote:
In case you have provided the wrong info (as your two posts are contradicting themselves) above, you should really edit.

This is also clearly wrong. See t&c; "Provided they have complied with (i) to (iv) above, Members can earn 10,000 Wyndham Rewards bonus points for every two Qualified Stays completed during the timescales set out at (iii) and (iv) above, subject to a maximum bonus entitlement of 30,000 Wyndham Rewards Points"

Old Apr 10, 12, 3:49 pm   #35

Hello,

I am researching the bonus limit and will get back to everyone shortly.

As for the US, Canada and Mexico members they are receiving two movie tickets (limit of 4 tickets), double points / miles (limit of 4 stays) when booking online and a mailed comic book after second stay.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsearch View Post
Gosh, not only are IMHO 10000 points worth much more than a couple movie tickets, but WR lets international people earn a bonus on 6 stays (3 10k bonuses times 2 stays each) but US people max out after 4 stays (2 movie ticket bonuses times 2 stays each)? Why such a discrepancy? (And obviously it also causes confusion!)

Last edited by Wyndham Rewards 2; Apr 10, 12 at 3:50 pm. Reason: forgot to add the miles earning preference for the online booking bonus
Old Apr 10, 12, 4:07 pm   #36

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Quote:
Hello, Thank you for pointing out the posts and letting me clarify. For our International members (all countries outside the US, Canada and Mexico); If your earning preference is miles and you are registered for the promotion, you will earn miles for your hotel stays and receive the bonus in points.

As for the limit, please let me verify the terms and conditions and get back to you.

Thanks!
I think posts from official representatives containing wrong info also need specific editing (very easy), as some might not thread the whole thread etc., not only adding a new post.

Thanks for helping out in any case. You presence is highly appreciated
travelkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 12, 10:20 am   #37

Can someone list all the current bonus point promos offered by Wyndham ?
Daytrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 12, 4:47 pm   #38

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
Stay 2 Get 2??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytrader View Post
Can someone list all the current bonus point promos offered by Wyndham ?
Can someone please tell me what this promotion is?

Stay 2 and get 2 nights? Does this mean I can stay at any 2 Wyndham properties and get 2 nights free at any Wyndham properties?
ThunderStorm00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 12, 11:17 am   #39
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm00 View Post
Stay 2 Get 2??

Can someone please tell me what this promotion is?

Stay 2 and get 2 nights? Does this mean I can stay at any 2 Wyndham properties and get 2 nights free at any Wyndham properties?
Well, can you please tell us where you've seen this? That would help!

One possible guess: The main promo (for USA) is:

For every 2 stays (up to 2) you get double (ie 2x) points or miles, plus you get 2 movie passes (or is it one movie pass for 2 people?).
sdsearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 12, 3:12 am   #40

Asia not included?

So this 10,000 bonus pints stay is only for Europe and Africa?

I am planning some stays at the new Ramada Manila and new Microtel Manila Mall of Asia. This would have been a great promo and will give me alternatives from the groups of hotel I am currently using.
Me2Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 12, 7:40 am   #41

Hello, I am sorry but The hotels you mentioned would not qualify as Manila is not a participating country. See below for participation hotels from the terms and conditions of the promotion.

“Participating Hotels” are Ramada®, Days Inn®, Baymont Inn & Suites®, Hawthorn Suites®, Howard Johnson®, Dream®, Night®, Knights Inn®, Microtel®, Travelodge® (U.S. hotels only), Wingate® by Wyndham branded hotels and Super8 – however Super8 China does not participate in this promotion. Wyndham Hotels and Resorts® properties located in Europe, North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and China also participate in this promotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me2Earth View Post
So this 10,000 bonus pints stay is only for Europe and Africa?

I am planning some stays at the new Ramada Manila and new Microtel Manila Mall of Asia. This would have been a great promo and will give me alternatives from the groups of hotel I am currently using.
Old May 2, 12, 5:04 am   #42

Programs: ALL MAJOR FFP AND FSP
I would read it as the 'properties located in Europe, North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and China also participate in this promotion' restriction only applies to Wyndham Hotels and Resorts properties.

All other brands should be included worldwide, except for Super 8 in China.

Hence, the properties in the Phillipines should perhaps indeed qualify. Can WR rep clarify further?

Also, with regards to the maximum number of bonuses that can be earned under this promotion (Non-US version), it is 3 times 10,000 points right? not just 2 bonuses as some mentioned earlier.

Quote:
Hello, I am sorry but The hotels you mentioned would not qualify as Manila is not a participating country. See below for participation hotels from the terms and conditions of the promotion.

“Participating Hotels” are Ramada®, Days Inn®, Baymont Inn & Suites®, Hawthorn Suites®, Howard Johnson®, Dream®, Night®, Knights Inn®, Microtel®, Travelodge® (U.S. hotels only), Wingate® by Wyndham branded hotels and Super8 – however Super8 China does not participate in this promotion. Wyndham Hotels and Resorts® properties located in Europe, North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and China also participate in this promotion.
ldnhlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 12, 8:24 am   #43

Sorry for the confusion. The countries that participate in Wyndham Rewards are listed below.

Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Belgium, Canada, (excluding Travelodge Canada) China. Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Jordan, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Oman, Philippines, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and United States

You are correct that you can the bonus 10000 points through the international spring promotion up to 3 times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldnhlj View Post
I would read it as the 'properties located in Europe, North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and China also participate in this promotion' restriction only applies to Wyndham Hotels and Resorts properties.

All other brands should be included worldwide, except for Super 8 in China.

Hence, the properties in the Phillipines should perhaps indeed qualify. Can WR rep clarify further?

Also, with regards to the maximum number of bonuses that can be earned under this promotion (Non-US version), it is 3 times 10,000 points right? not just 2 bonuses as some mentioned earlier.
Old May 2, 12, 3:00 pm   #44

Programs: AA Plat, UA Minus1K, still DL Plat for sake of kids, Marriott Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
[quote=Wyndham Rewards 2;18499141You are correct that you can the bonus 10000 points through the international spring promotion up to 3 times.[/QUOTE]

I registered for the 10k points after every 2 stays up to 30k points offer but the email confirmation says instead that I will get double points or miles, so which do I get?
Old May 3, 12, 5:20 pm   #45

Thank you ldnlhj and WR2!

This is great. I have been loyal to another hotel group but the new Ramada and Microtel in Manila is a great option with their competetive rates ( <$100) and great location. They are brand new hotels as well ( less than a year). Also the points to miles conversion is very good compared to other chains of hotels.

Now its time to try Wyndham.
Me2Earth is offline   Reply With Quote