Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Kauai: Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach by Wyndham

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kauai: Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach by Wyndham

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2015, 4:39 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Will the new Wyndham rewards program decrease the supply of award rooms at high-value properties? For example, will I be able to just as easily find a room at the Koloa Landing hotel at 15K/night as I could at its current rate of 50K/night? This is a very important question that I haven't seen you answer in the other threads within the flyertalk Wyndham board.
As I mentioned in another post, it looks like Koloa Landing has pulled all award nights for the next year. Right after the switch there were nights appearing at 15K over the next 365 days...now there isn't a single award night offered for the next year...

Seems like they decided to pull all their award nights...yet they still have the Wyndham name attached. Of course I was also told they had to offer rooms yet no one is holding them to that....
Old Jun 1, 2015, 5:36 am

Although I'm not that familiar with this property, does it in fact have rooms that are considered "standard rooms?"

Similarly, I've had challenges with a couple of Starwood properties that are into game playing, as well. Likewise, Starwood does not hold their franchisees accountable, as franchise fees are more important than guest satisfaction.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by TTT103
Although I'm not that familiar with this property, does it in fact have rooms that are considered "standard rooms?"

Similarly, I've had challenges with a couple of Starwood properties that are into game playing, as well. Likewise, Starwood does not hold their franchisees accountable, as franchise fees are more important than guest satisfaction.
This is a unique property in that it offers one , two, three bedroom condos.

They have loaded award nights for a variety of rooms, both one and two bedroom. In the past we have booked award nights for both one and two bedroom. Once a two bedroom handicapped unit was loaded for an award night. Just depends. I just read about a person who booked a two bedroom for 7 nights for 15K a night in May 2016. They did this right after they switched from 50k to 15K. But since that time it seems like the hotel pulled all the inventory. I remember seeing lots of award nights right after the switch was made.

It isn't a case of all the reward nights being used up already for the next year. According to what I was told there were no nights loaded for the next 365 days. That leads me to believe the hotel didn't like giving away rooms at 15K.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:09 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
We are still researching this for you and I will let you know once I hear anything regarding this.

Originally Posted by sargenet
As I mentioned in another post, it looks like Koloa Landing has pulled all award nights for the next year. Right after the switch there were nights appearing at 15K over the next 365 days...now there isn't a single award night offered for the next year...

Seems like they decided to pull all their award nights...yet they still have the Wyndham name attached. Of course I was also told they had to offer rooms yet no one is holding them to that....
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:05 pm

Koloa Landing leaving Wyndham

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards 2
We are still researching this for you and I will let you know once I hear anything regarding this.
I found out directly from the hotel that they are leaving the Wyndham program in December. So I can understand why there is no availability next year. But it looks like they decided to pull all award nights from now till then. As I said in another post, I hope they honor all existing reservations through next year after they leave the program...
Old Jun 5, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
I found out directly from the hotel that they are leaving the Wyndham program in December. So I can understand why there is no availability next year. But it looks like they decided to pull all award nights from now till then. As I said in another post, I hope they honor all existing reservations through next year after they leave the program...
Great, I got the credit card specifically to use here in January, and they pulled all reward nights. Ridiculous. It was the only reason I got the card.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
It will be interesting to see if our Wyndam friend returns to tell us what the research shows or if he "hears anything."
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:29 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
We are still looking into this and once we have any information we will be sure to share it right away.

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
It will be interesting to see if our Wyndam friend returns to tell us what the research shows or if he "hears anything."
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:54 am

yikes. finished spend on wyndham card, have the points in my account and now all availability for 2016 is gone. called in and phone rep confirmed a likely 'change in status' for Koloa Landing in 2016. There are available dates in one and two bedroom rooms for the remainder of 2015, fyi. bummer.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:56 pm

Just booked 6 nights at 2 bedroom October 12-18. I think there is still availability on those dates if anyone interested.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by vendetto
Just booked 6 nights at 2 bedroom October 12-18. I think there is still availability on those dates if anyone interested.
Glad you got in! We have stayed there a few times and was able to stay there a couple days ago just for one night on points. We had booked a Westin Preview package for 5 days on the north shore but came down for one night to use my Wyndham points.

I had planned to use my points next year but guess that won't happen since they are leaving the Wyndham program...

I did hear a few rumors....talk about them going independent and also discussion about them becoming a Marriott property too....

Enjoy your stay! If you booked a room categorized as ocean view they tend to look over all the construction. We booked a two bedroom for 15K and it was considered a resort view. We were lucky to be aware from the major construction.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:59 pm

So I'm confused, if you can still book rooms in 2016 on the Wyndham site, don't they have to still accept points for these rooms? Is any way to call up somewhere to push the booking through?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by yoshapman
So I'm confused, if you can still book rooms in 2016 on the Wyndham site, don't they have to still accept points for these rooms? Is any way to call up somewhere to push the booking through?
There is now availability only in 2015. For awhile they pulled everything but it looks like they have loaded things for 2015 again.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 5:08 am

There is now availability only in 2015. For awhile they pulled everything but it looks like they have loaded things for 2015 again.
Correct but unfortunately my trip was in Jan 2016. Isnt it a condition of the program that if theyre selling the lowest rooms that it still be available on points?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:05 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by yoshapman
Correct but unfortunately my trip was in Jan 2016. Isnt it a condition of the program that if theyre selling the lowest rooms that it still be available on points?
if they are leaving the point, they wont honor it anyways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.