Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Transferring points to airlines/Amtrak - how long?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2011, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Wondering if anyone has experience with how long it should take? I'm not looking for what Wyndham states -- I'm looking for actual experience. Anyone have any?

Thanks!
Old May 8, 2011, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by teege
Wondering if anyone has experience with how long it should take? I'm not looking for what Wyndham states -- I'm looking for actual experience. Anyone have any?
First of all, it tends to vary from one ailrine to another. Are you really going to transfer to every ailrline they support, or are you interested in particular ones?

Second, it's the wrong quesiton. The right question is: How often does WyndhamRewards send miles to airline X. The reason: Let's say the sending of miles takes place once a month, on the 1st. (I'm not saying it does, this is just an example.) Someone who requested a transfer just after that, say on the 2nd, would see it take a whole month. But someone who requested a transfer right before that, say on the 29th, might see it take just a few days. Both would be right, but you hearing only one anecdote without knowing the full story could misconstrue "it took only a few days" as meaning it takes only a few days, which is the wrong conclusion.

I know that on stay-based earnings, points to Southwest transfered on a weekly basis for a while (taking almost two weeks from a Wednesday stay to a Monday posting at Southwest), but that didn't happen on the same schedule with my last stay. So even with Southwest, I can't say whether there's a consistent pattern!
Old May 8, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
I transferred some WR on Thursday last week to Amtrak GR. They were deducted from the W account, but not yet credited to the AGR account
Old May 9, 2011, 5:28 am

The right question is: How often does WyndhamRewards send miles to airline X
Ok :
How often does WyndhamRewards send miles to United

On 15. June United change their award charts and my "Wish Destination" will then cost 30.000 Miles more, so i really hope that I get my miles before this date.
Old May 10, 2011, 3:45 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
At least with AA, my 64k WR purchased from Discover America on 5/4 posted 5/5, redeemed for AA on 5/5 and posted in my AA acct 5/10. Very nice. The T&C's say like 6 to 10 business days.
Old May 10, 2011, 8:12 am
Original Poster

FYI: initiated transfer to Aeroplan Friday at ~6pm and they posted today. ^
Old May 10, 2011, 8:13 am
Original Poster

To add: I too had a quick post from the discover america promotion. Very nice job overall by Wyndham ^^
Old May 10, 2011, 5:29 pm

Programs: Marriott- Platinum, IHG - Platinum, Hyatt - Globalist, CC - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, BW - Platinum S
I am really impressed with Wyndham rewards, their customer service has been great lately(at-least to me).

Discover America daily gateways promotion purchase points were posted in less than 24 hours and now WR points transfer to United Airlines Mileage Plus account in less than 48 hours.

Wyndham rewards, you rock!!!!!!!!!^^^^^
Old May 12, 2011, 9:05 am

A very big thank you from austria to Wyndham
(and of corse flyertalk) ...

Got my Wyndham Points to United yersterday, made my booking today.

Thank you , Thanky , Thank you
Old May 12, 2011, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
How Long for Bonus Promotion Miles??

My miles posted quickly to BMI, however the 2x, 3x, 4X miles have still noted posted, even though they show transfered.
Old May 12, 2011, 1:48 pm
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
It can take up to 6 - 8 weeks for your miles to appear on your miles account. If you would like to send me a private message with your Wyndham Rewards account number I can research them for you.

Originally Posted by gkbiiii
My miles posted quickly to BMI, however the 2x, 3x, 4X miles have still noted posted, even though they show transfered.
Old May 13, 2011, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by gkbiiii
Is it possible to transfer Wyndham points to BMI?
Old May 13, 2011, 11:52 am

Bought some points from deal america and got those posted last Saturday. Transfered to US airway the same day. US airway posted on this Tuesday.
Old May 30, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, PC Platinum
Any recent experience with transfers to SWA?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 5:44 pm

I am in the middle of a mystery of a recent SWA transfer. I transferred 64k WR points for 19.6K SWA RR points on May 10. On May 12, 16 points were posted to my SWA RR account from WR. I am still investigating with both WR and SWA RR why only 16 points posted, so this in ongoing. My theory is 64k WR points = 16 CREDITS in the old RR program, which is what happened here.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? Any advice as I deal with two customer service departments that are pointing fingers at each other?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.