Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Welcome to the Wyndham Rewards Concierges!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Welcome to the Wyndham Rewards Concierges!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I just realized yesterday that European members have a reduced earn rate for most of the Wyndham Rewards hotel brands.

All brands for European members earn points at rate of 5 points/US$1 as of December 2010, except Wyndham and Hawthorn earn 10 points/US$1.

UK Wyndham Rewards earn link.

US/Canada members earn 10 points/US$1 at all hotel brands, except Hawthorn Suites is 5 points/US$1.

US Wyndham Rewards earn link.

That is an odd system, particularly with Hawthorn Suites where Wyndham Rewards lowered the earning rate from 10 points to 5 points in December 2010 for US/Canada members, yet European members still earn 10 points/$1 at Hawthorn Suites while most brands have reduced earn rate since Dec 2010.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 7:02 pm

Question Stay more, save more promo

I am wondering about the Stay more, save more promo. It says stay 3 nights or more and get 25% off. When I try to price out Aug 22-25 for Flagstaff, az
(2520 Lucky Lane) It still is giving me $49. It doesn't matter if I even choose this promo, $49 still comes up. Is this hotel not participating or?
Thanks!
Old Aug 5, 2011, 11:27 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
This is a brand specific promotion and the rooms at the discount are limited and subject to availability at participating properties.

I do see this property participates in the promotion, but it is not available for the dates listed.

Originally Posted by familyoutdoors
I am wondering about the Stay more, save more promo. It says stay 3 nights or more and get 25% off. When I try to price out Aug 22-25 for Flagstaff, az
(2520 Lucky Lane) It still is giving me $49. It doesn't matter if I even choose this promo, $49 still comes up. Is this hotel not participating or?
Thanks!
Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:42 am

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
if i become a wyndham member now can i get retrospective credit?
i have had lots of stays recently
Old Sep 5, 2011, 12:45 am

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
sorry again but it says 10points per $ for qualifying stays-where can i find thh rules on qualifying stays?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by bryanwallace
sorry again but it says 10points per $ for qualifying stays-where can i find thh rules on qualifying stays?
Hello,

This is rather long, but just so you have the rules right here...you can also access them at www.wyndhamrewards.com - you'll see a link for T&C in the footer (at the bottom of each page).
A Qualified Stay means any number of consecutive nights (regardless of check-ins and check-outs) that a Member stays at the same Participating Hotel or Participating WH&R Property at a Qualifying Rate and which meets the other conditions included in Section II (B) below. Qualifying Rates include all rates except for the following: employee/family, travel agent, group, wholesale, package transportation/crew and other special contract rates, or free night stays. Most rates available through tour operators and travel websites (excluding Wyndham Rewards.com and the Participating Hotel Chain websites) such as Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, and Orbitz are wholesale rates and therefore do not qualify to earn Wyndham Rewards points, airline miles or rail points. Qualifying Rates for Participating Wyndham Hotels and Resorts, Wingate by Wyndham, and Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Properties include all rates except for the following: employee/family, travel agent, wholesale, package transportation/crew and other special contract rates, or free night stays. Most rates available through tour operators and travel websites (excluding Wyndham Rewards.com and the Participating Hotel Chain websites) such as Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, and Orbitz are wholesale rates and therefore do not qualify to earn Wyndham Rewards points, airline miles or rail points. Non-qualifying rates which are specific to Participating WH&R Properties include Wyndham Vacations inventory booked through Expedia which includes another travel component such as airfare or car rental.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just realized recently (in the Rate Wyndham Rewards thread) that Wyndham Rewards points expire (no matter how recent your last activity was) after 4 years from being earned.

But I cannot find anything on the website that allows me to tell if that's coming up! (I can only see points activity back 18 months, which doesn't help to figure out if any poitns are close to 4 years old.)

By contrast, on the Choice Website (where points expire at the end of the year two years after you earn them), you can open up a statement that shows which points are expiring when.

I find it unreasonable for Wyndham Rewards to have points expire (with no way to avoid that) without anyone being able to tell when that will happen (with how many points).

In my case, I know I'm nowhere near 4 years, because until last year, I was transferring my points to airlines as soon as I got to 8000+. But now I've found that there are places in the world where only Wyndham Rewards hotels (and no other chains) exist that I might want to go in future years, and so I'm (slowly) saving up points. I'd hate to see my points vanish at some time in the future just becuse I wasn't aware of when 4 years was.

So I'm not asking when my current points expire, I'm asking whether Wyndham Rewards has any plan to make it possible for people to look up when their points will start expiring (or else a plan to change the expiration policy). Thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I just realized recently (in the Rate Wyndham Rewards thread) that Wyndham Rewards points expire (no matter how recent your last activity was) after 4 years from being earned.

But I cannot find anything on the website that allows me to tell if that's coming up! (I can only see points activity back 18 months, which doesn't help to figure out if any poitns are close to 4 years old.)

By contrast, on the Choice Website (where points expire at the end of the year two years after you earn them), you can open up a statement that shows which points are expiring when.

I find it unreasonable for Wyndham Rewards to have points expire (with no way to avoid that) without anyone being able to tell when that will happen (with how many points).

In my case, I know I'm nowhere near 4 years, because until last year, I was transferring my points to airlines as soon as I got to 8000+. But now I've found that there are places in the world where only Wyndham Rewards hotels (and no other chains) exist that I might want to go in future years, and so I'm (slowly) saving up points. I'd hate to see my points vanish at some time in the future just becuse I wasn't aware of when 4 years was.

So I'm not asking when my current points expire, I'm asking whether Wyndham Rewards has any plan to make it possible for people to look up when their points will start expiring (or else a plan to change the expiration policy). Thanks.
Hello, We appreciate your feedback & are taking this into consideration. Thank you!
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA GS, AA EXP
Dear Wyndham reward concierges,

I have a question about the point transfer program. Can I transfer my point to my husband united mileage account? Thanks!

Have a nice day!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 5:00 am

Hello,

We cannot transfer the points to miles, but we can redeem your Wyndham Rewards points for United miles.

Redemptions start at 8,000 WR points = 3,200 United miles.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by DOUDOU1980
Dear Wyndham reward concierges,

I have a question about the point transfer program. Can I transfer my point to my husband united mileage account? Thanks!

Have a nice day!
Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:44 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Choice Priveleges Gold, Club Carlson Silver, Wyndham Rewards, UMP, DL, ANA
Dear Wyndham Reward concierges,

Do you remember sending me the following PM on September 7th, 2012 ?!?

"Thank you for your patience, Mr. Xxxxxxxxxx.

I have requested that 3,795 miles be posted to your account due to the issue of your multi room stays being posted as if each room were a separate stay.

Thanks again for your patience.

Wyndham Rewards 2
Company Representative
"

It has now been over 4 months since you sent me that PM and you still have not followed through on these miles. I have sent you countless PM's and you either never respond or simply say we are researching this, again and again.

You asked me to be patient, but exactly what do you consider a reasonable amount of time to be able to get this done? Surely 4+ months should be enough time to do what you need to do on your end to get this accomplished.

Below are the Terms and Conditions of the Summer 4X promo where it clearly states that the 4X points/miles would be paid for 4 stays, up to 3 rooms per stay.

Terms and Conditions

To qualify for the “Book Direct Quadruple Points or Miles” promotion and earn quadruple Wyndham Rewards® points, airline miles or rail points, the member must (i) register at wyndhamrewards.com/sweet or 1-866-996-7937, (ii) book a stay on wyndhamrewards.com, daysinn.com, ramada.com, wyndham.com, wingatehotels.com, hawthorn.com, super8.com, baymontinns.com, microtelinn.com, hojo.com, travelodge.com, knightsinn.com, dreamintl.com, nighthotelny.com, tryphotels.com or wyndhamhotelgroup.com, at a qualifying rate between July 17, 2012 and September 13, 2012 and complete their hotel stays by September 20, 2012 (“Promotion Period”), and (iii) provide a valid email address. Members will receive quadruple Wyndham Rewards points, airline miles or rail points starting with their second stay within the Promotion Period for up to four (4) separate qualified stays (for the second, third, fourth, and fifth qualified stays) with a maximum of 3 rooms per stay. Points, airline miles or rail points will be awarded based on earning preference selected in entrant’s member profile at time of second, third, fourth and fifth qualified stays. Member stays with check-out dates after September 20, 2012 will not be counted towards the promotion. Rates offered by most on-line travel agencies and certain other rates do not qualify. One stay includes all consecutive nights at the same hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. Members should allow six to eight weeks after completion of registration and stay(s) for the bonus points, airline miles or rail points to be credited to their account.

Does Wyndham make it a habit of ignoring their own Terms and Conditions of their own promos?

Do the Wyndham Concierges make it a habit of telling customers one thing, and then never following through?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 8:24 am

Thank you for letting us know you still have not received your miles.

We have sent the information for the miles to be posted to your account numerous times so I am not sure why your still have not received them.

Can you please private message me your Wyndham Rewards number again so we can look into this?

I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Originally Posted by Lefty
Dear Wyndham Reward concierges,

Do you remember sending me the following PM on September 7th, 2012 ?!?

"Thank you for your patience, Mr. Xxxxxxxxxx.

I have requested that 3,795 miles be posted to your account due to the issue of your multi room stays being posted as if each room were a separate stay.

Thanks again for your patience.

Wyndham Rewards 2
Company Representative
"

It has now been over 4 months since you sent me that PM and you still have not followed through on these miles. I have sent you countless PM's and you either never respond or simply say we are researching this, again and again.

You asked me to be patient, but exactly what do you consider a reasonable amount of time to be able to get this done? Surely 4+ months should be enough time to do what you need to do on your end to get this accomplished.

Below are the Terms and Conditions of the Summer 4X promo where it clearly states that the 4X points/miles would be paid for 4 stays, up to 3 rooms per stay.

Terms and Conditions

To qualify for the “Book Direct Quadruple Points or Miles” promotion and earn quadruple Wyndham Rewards® points, airline miles or rail points, the member must (i) register at wyndhamrewards.com/sweet or 1-866-996-7937, (ii) book a stay on wyndhamrewards.com, daysinn.com, ramada.com, wyndham.com, wingatehotels.com, hawthorn.com, super8.com, baymontinns.com, microtelinn.com, hojo.com, travelodge.com, knightsinn.com, dreamintl.com, nighthotelny.com, tryphotels.com or wyndhamhotelgroup.com, at a qualifying rate between July 17, 2012 and September 13, 2012 and complete their hotel stays by September 20, 2012 (“Promotion Period”), and (iii) provide a valid email address. Members will receive quadruple Wyndham Rewards points, airline miles or rail points starting with their second stay within the Promotion Period for up to four (4) separate qualified stays (for the second, third, fourth, and fifth qualified stays) with a maximum of 3 rooms per stay. Points, airline miles or rail points will be awarded based on earning preference selected in entrant’s member profile at time of second, third, fourth and fifth qualified stays. Member stays with check-out dates after September 20, 2012 will not be counted towards the promotion. Rates offered by most on-line travel agencies and certain other rates do not qualify. One stay includes all consecutive nights at the same hotel regardless of check-ins or check-outs. Members should allow six to eight weeks after completion of registration and stay(s) for the bonus points, airline miles or rail points to be credited to their account.

Does Wyndham make it a habit of ignoring their own Terms and Conditions of their own promos?

Do the Wyndham Concierges make it a habit of telling customers one thing, and then never following through?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Choice Priveleges Gold, Club Carlson Silver, Wyndham Rewards, UMP, DL, ANA
PM Sent
Old Feb 17, 2013, 1:11 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
I just want to thank Ramada Customer Support for fixing up the recent charges from Ramada Mexico City on my cc.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 2:59 pm

Wyndham challenges

Hi,

I just recently signed up for the Wyndham program due to my company having a relationship there and some of the locations being more convenient. For the last several years, I have been a ~150 nights/yr traveler (all on SPG and Hilton). I was wondering if there were any challenges available on Wyndham?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.