Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Welcome to the Wyndham Rewards Concierges!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Welcome to the Wyndham Rewards Concierges!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:37 am

Tryp by Wyndham in Bogota?

I'm currently planning a trip to Bogota in August and saw a press release announcing that Tryp by Wyndham was planning to open a hotel there. I can't find any information on this planned property on the website or on the Sol Melia website. Can one of the lurkers tell me if the property will be open in August and if so, when it will be accepting reservations? Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2011, 12:58 pm
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by jmsfla2002
I'm currently planning a trip to Bogota in August and saw a press release announcing that Tryp by Wyndham was planning to open a hotel there. I can't find any information on this planned property on the website or on the Sol Melia website. Can one of the lurkers tell me if the property will be open in August and if so, when it will be accepting reservations? Thanks!
Hello,
Is this the release you saw? http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com/medi...ase.cfm?id=899
There is a mention about the Tryp in Bogota. I'm finding out if there are additional details we can share at this time. Please note, currently you cannot earn Wyndham Rewards points at Tryp Hotels.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 7:16 pm

Yes, that is the press release I saw. It is a bummer that I can't earn reward points but I'm going to be there during World Cup qualifiers and I'm having some trouble finding a room at a reasonable rate. It would be great if it opened before the end of August!
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by jmsfla2002
Yes, that is the press release I saw. It is a bummer that I can't earn reward points but I'm going to be there during World Cup qualifiers and I'm having some trouble finding a room at a reasonable rate. It would be great if it opened before the end of August!
Hi,
Based on the information I have been given, it looks like the Tryp Hotel is not scheduled to open until after August. Enjoy the World Cup - have fun!
Old May 2, 2011, 12:47 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards
Hello,
At this time, it does not qualify to earn points. For a list of participating countries, you can visit https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...ction?variant=.
Hope that helps.
Do you mean none of the hotels in Asia except China qualify to earn points or miles?? I am new to the program.
Old May 2, 2011, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by kats
Do you mean none of the hotels in Asia except China qualify to earn points or miles?? I am new to the program.
Hello,
I was only talking about the hotel in Bogota, Columbia per the question that was asked. Hotels in China do participate. You can find a list of all of the countries that participate by visiting https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...untries.action
I hope that helps clarify.
Old May 2, 2011, 9:29 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Hello,
I was only talking about the hotel in Bogota, Columbia per the question that was asked. Hotels in China do participate. You can find a list of all of the countries that participate by visiting https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...untries.action
Thank you for your reply. Do hotels in Thailand and Japan qualify for earning points or miles?
Old May 2, 2011, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by kats
Thank you for your reply. Do hotels in Thailand and Japan qualify for earning points or miles?
Hello, hotels in Japan & Thailand do not qualify - if you check out the link I provided above, that should help you out. Thanks!
Old May 6, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: Back to lowly AA Gold (1.8 MM); Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Hello. Just wondering if there is another promotion planned now that 4x Points or Miles has expired?

Thanks!
Old May 9, 2011, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Biblioman1
Hello. Just wondering if there is another promotion planned now that 4x Points or Miles has expired?

Thanks!
Hello,
There are a couple of promotions scheduled for the summer, however, they are different from the 4x promotion. I can't share details just yet, but they'll be coming out in the next couple of weeks...
Old May 11, 2011, 7:13 am

Programs: AA, UA
Wyndham in China - you earn points at SOME hotels, but you gotta chase...

First of all thanks to Wyndham Rewards and Wyndham Rewards2 for being here - one/two of the most helpful company reps on FT!

About the Wyndham properties in China - of all the Super 8s and Ramadas I've stayed in Shanghai, Guangzhou and a couple of smaller cities, NONE of the check-in staff knew anything about Wyndham REWARDS (they knew about Wyndham the group/brand, but not the loyalty program).

I booked ALL my Wyndham stays in China on wyndhamrewards.com US site and input my airline and Wyndham account numbers and I provided them again at check-in. NONE of the stay got the credit automatically. I had to chase them through the helpful Wyndham Rewards agents via email/online form.

Also Super 8 in China have its own program, you pay 50 Yuan or so (US$9) to be a member and you get discounted/cheapest rates, which do not show on Wyndhamrewards.com and do not earn points/miles.

Some Super 8s don't take non-Chinese credit cards either, so have cash at hand. In fact many Chinese retail outlets/restaurants/businesses do not take foreign-issued credit cards.

So for people who wish to earn points in China - efforts are needed! I hope Wyndham can better train the Chinese staff about the group and the program.

Lastly how come Wyndham doesn't have elite tiers like other programs?

zilliontw
Hello,
Old May 24, 2011, 6:13 am

Programs: Back to lowly AA Gold (1.8 MM); Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Hello - I see that we now have a double points or miles promo which is good news. Another thread recently posted here cites a "stay two get one free night promo" that I find very appealing. It appears that this may be a targeted promotion and not available to everyone. Can you comment?

Thanks
Old May 31, 2011, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Biblioman1
Hello - I see that we now have a double points or miles promo which is good news. Another thread recently posted here cites a "stay two get one free night promo" that I find very appealing. It appears that this may be a targeted promotion and not available to everyone. Can you comment?

Thanks
Hello,
You are correct - this promotion is not available to everyone.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I am new to the program and have my account set for partner miles instead of points. I had my first stay two weeks ago, verified with the desk clerk that my account# was linked to the stay, but still nothing in My Account at all? Is that normal - if so, it's about the slowest I've ever seen a program take! (I'm talking about showing up at all, not the time it takes to transfer the actual miles to my partner account.)
Old Jun 1, 2011, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I am new to the program and have my account set for partner miles instead of points. I had my first stay two weeks ago, verified with the desk clerk that my account# was linked to the stay, but still nothing in My Account at all? Is that normal - if so, it's about the slowest I've ever seen a program take! (I'm talking about showing up at all, not the time it takes to transfer the actual miles to my partner account.)
Hello,
We typically say to allow 4-6 weeks for points or miles to be posted. If you don't see them posted by then, please contact Member Services at 1.866.996.7937.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.