Discover America® Daily Getaways: Wyndham points on sale, 5/18/10, 10am ET

Subscribe
This is an advance notice. Terms may change before the sale.

If Wyndham is your thing, load up on Wyndham points with these offers (number in parenthesis is the number of packages available for purchase):

(60) 50,000 points for $117 (?)

(35) 48,000 points for $135

(80) 32,000 points for $90

(35) 28,000 points for $62

(160) 16,000 points for $45

Three packages are pricing out at (rounded) $0.0028 per point, the 28K package is $0.0022 per point, and the 50K package (mistake?) is $0.0023 per point. Read excellent value.

Maximum quantity per purchase is 1, except the 16,000 point package is offered with a maximum quantity per purchase of 2.

Estimated values are represented as double the amount paid for the points, which could be less.

You'll need your Wyndham Rewards® account number to enter in the buying process. Not a member? Join now for free.

Quote:
Wyndham Rewards® points expire four (4) years after being posted to your member account, unless forfeited or canceled earlier due to membership inactivity for eighteen (18) months or otherwise in accordance with Wyndham Rewards Terms & Conditions.
https://dailygetaways.discoverameric...ault.aspx?ct=5
It's really funny as its cheaper to get 50,000 points ^ than 48,000 points

In for 1-50,000 and 1 - 28,000
Bump to alert everyone for tomorrow!
I first saw this on the Choice forum of FT.
Someone mentioned that you can convert 2.5 WR points to airlines miles, including UA. Can you verify that this could be applied to this promo? If so, it's a great deal and I'll try to grab one. I also read in another thread that conversions are possible in batches of 8K, 17.5K and 30K points. I've been looking at the Wyndham site and it doesn't offer a lot of info and there's no FAQ in this forum, so I'd appreciate any comments.
I inquired of Wyndham about the conversion of these particular points to miles via the website several days ago but never received a reply. Frankly, I wouldn't bother unless I was sure they were convertible, and I can't find that assurance.
Quote: It's really funny as its cheaper to get 50,000 points ^ than 48,000 points

In for 1-50,000 and 1 - 28,000
Are you sure that you can buy 2 separate certificates of different miles??
Quote: I inquired of Wyndham about the conversion of these particular points to miles via the website several days ago but never received a reply. Frankly, I wouldn't bother unless I was sure they were convertible, and I can't find that assurance.
Yes they are, and it's on their website too!

Here's the link :

http://www.wyndhamrewards.com/redeem...+MILES&index=4
28,000 Wyndham points for $62
SOLD OUT
32,000 Wyndham points for $90
SOLD OUT
48,000 Wyndham points for $135
SOLD OUT
16,000 Wyndham points for $45
may still be available

Edit: Well, it was for a very short time, it too SOLD OUT.
50,000 Wyndham points for $117
SOLD OUT
Quote: may still be available
They're all sold out.
For those that missed out on the Wyndham points sale, and are looking to buy some hotel points, two of the Choice Privileges packages from yesterday flopped over to today. 32,000 Choice points for $120, 36,000 Choice points for $140.
https://dailygetaways.discoverameric...sList.aspx?f=5
Darn it! I missed all these!
I find it noteworthy that all the Wyndham packages sold out within 36 minutes while Choice points are still available after 30 hours !