Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Wyndham Gold Status - 1 free night after 20 eligible nights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2013, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Is this something new - saw it today while trying to book a hotel.

https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...ction?variant=

After staying 20 qualifying* nights in a calendar year, you’ll achieve Gold Status and automatically be rewarded with Gold Status Points that can solely be redeemed for a free night.
The amount of Gold Status Points you have depends on the average amount you spent over the course of your 20 qualified nights.

Average spend per 20 nights Gold Status Points earned
$100 or less 6,000
$100.01 - $150 10,000
$150.01+ 20,000
Old Mar 5, 2013, 5:21 pm

Interesting ... thanks for posting! I had missed that in my last look at Wyndham. Between that and the inclusion of Canadian Travelodges last November, looks like I might be returning to the fold. Now if only I could get those "targeted bonus emails" I'd be 100% sold!

Small town BC doesn't always have the greatest hotel options, but this'd sure make my holidays a little nicer! (Collect for work, redeem for fun)
Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: hyatt diamond, club carlson gold
Decent promotion. It works out to a minimum 300 bonus points per stay. Makes me consider the brand more for business travel, as my stays are out of pocket.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Non transferable (only for free nights) and expires after 4 months.

Not very good IMO, but a step in the right direction.

Last edited by travelkid; Mar 15, 2013 at 4:53 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 15, 2013, 4:05 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Wyndham Gold Status Points as another Wyndham Earn/Burn currency

This seems to have been just communicated in an email about a secondary way to earn free nights in conjunction with ordinary Wyndham Rewards points, except these expire in a handful of months after being earned.

https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...ction?variant=
Old Mar 18, 2013, 7:45 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Thanks for your feedback everyone!
Old Mar 21, 2013, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let's say you stay 20 nights with an average of $100 or less, and you thus get only 6000 "Gold status" points. Let's say you then want to use your free night, but where you're traveling for the next four months (ie, before those 6000 points expire) there's no 6000 point WR hotels. Can you combine those 6000 points with more "regular" points in order to redeem a free night?

For example, if you have 5000 regular points, and you just earn 6000 "Gold status" points, and the cheapest WR redemption where you're traveling is 10000 points, can you redeem 6000 "Gold status" plus 4000 "regular" point for that free night stay, and then have 0 "Gold staus" and 1000 "regular" points left over?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:40 am

Hello,

Yes, you can combine your Wyndham Rewards points with your Gold points for a free night reservation.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Let's say you stay 20 nights with an average of $100 or less, and you thus get only 6000 "Gold status" points. Let's say you then want to use your free night, but where you're traveling for the next four months (ie, before those 6000 points expire) there's no 6000 point WR hotels. Can you combine those 6000 points with more "regular" points in order to redeem a free night?

For example, if you have 5000 regular points, and you just earn 6000 "Gold status" points, and the cheapest WR redemption where you're traveling is 10000 points, can you redeem 6000 "Gold status" plus 4000 "regular" point for that free night stay, and then have 0 "Gold staus" and 1000 "regular" points left over?
Old Apr 1, 2013, 7:21 pm

wynd

20 nights seem like a lot for a secondary-3rd dary ,in some cases even 4th- dary..hotel choice for me
Old Apr 2, 2013, 8:23 am

To clarify the Gold Membership is a status that members can receive after completing 20 qualifying nights at our hotels in a calendar year.

You will still earn 10 points per US dollar before tax (5 points at Hawthorn) on qualifying stays regardless of whether you have Gold status or not. Also we will still have promotions where you can earn extra points.
Old May 11, 2013, 4:30 pm

this may be a strange question, but when clicking the link above, I do not see any way to sign up for this "gold" promo. and get a free night.

Maybe this is not a 'promo' but just how to qualify for gold tier status (and advertising how many points you may earn to get a free night for 20 stays---as 20 nights would seem to be steep for a 'promo' offer).

how do you sign up for this? or any other promo's they have going on right now?

I seen the email targeted offer that just ended (which I was not targeted for--but rarely stay at Wyndham's).

Just trying to make the best of a longer stay I have coming up if any promo's are out there right now.

Any news from the pro's who frequent Wyndham locations?

Last edited by shoreline; May 11, 2013 at 5:08 pm
Old May 13, 2013, 6:41 am

Gold Status is not a promotion and you don't need to register for it. All you have to do is complete 20 qualifying nights within a calendar year and you will receive the Gold Status.

Originally Posted by shoreline
this may be a strange question, but when clicking the link above, I do not see any way to sign up for this "gold" promo. and get a free night.

Maybe this is not a 'promo' but just how to qualify for gold tier status (and advertising how many points you may earn to get a free night for 20 stays---as 20 nights would seem to be steep for a 'promo' offer).

how do you sign up for this? or any other promo's they have going on right now?

I seen the email targeted offer that just ended (which I was not targeted for--but rarely stay at Wyndham's).

Just trying to make the best of a longer stay I have coming up if any promo's are out there right now.

Any news from the pro's who frequent Wyndham locations?
Old May 18, 2013, 8:38 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Could someone please explain this to me . . . .

Okay, you hit your 20 stays - get Gold Status - get your appropriate bonus (6K, 10K, 20K), whichever you qualify for. Then:

Quote from Wyndham Rewards:

"Your Gold Status will last for the remainder of the calendar year in which you achieved status as well as the following calendar year."

What exactly does this mean, or what does having Gold Status actually get you for the remainder of the calendar year from stay #'s 21 - 39?

Am I missing something?
Old Jun 21, 2013, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Really? Wow! Only 20 nights? Super. Maybe they can make it 40 nights or 80 nights for an even better experience. Maybe just make it 2 million nights to get a free night. Only 20 nights? Wow thanks for the post.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Frontier, SWA, Amtrak GR, Best Western, Choice Hotels, Wyndham
Originally Posted by davetravels
Could someone please explain this to me . . . .

Okay, you hit your 20 stays - get Gold Status - get your appropriate bonus (6K, 10K, 20K), whichever you qualify for. Then:

Quote from Wyndham Rewards:

"Your Gold Status will last for the remainder of the calendar year in which you achieved status as well as the following calendar year."

What exactly does this mean, or what does having Gold Status actually get you for the remainder of the calendar year from stay #'s 21 - 39?

Am I missing something?
From their site:

•You will earn an additional Gold Status Point bonus for every 20 qualifying nights, up to 3 bonuses in a calendar year.
So, it appears if you make status in 2013, you could stay up to another 40 times to earn two more nights, and ditto for 2014 (120 stays for six free nights).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.