Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

New 30K sign up offer for Wyndham Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2012, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonorsDiamond

I tripped across this on accident after clicking a link....it shows 30K for a sign up offer for their credit card.

http://www.wyndhamrewardsvisa.com/mv...rid=0promopage

New! 30,000 bonus points
with first purchase3
5 points per $1 spent
on every participating hotel stay3
2 points per $1 spent
everywhere else3
Low introductory APR
on Balance Transfers for 15 months1 Please see the "Important Balance Transfer Information" below for more information
about balance transfers.
New! Earn up to 1 FREE NIGHT
Every Year on your account
opening anniversary!3
New! $0 introductory annual fee
for the first year then only $69!
---------------------

This is much better than what I have seen before. I was even talking to Wyndham customer service today and they offered me a special 18K offer for the card. This to me is a much better deal.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 4:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Oh? Another hotel chain that goes the credit card way. Another hotel chain that discriminates its non-US clients.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Oh? Another hotel chain that goes the credit card way. Another hotel chain that discriminates its non-US clients.
This card has been out for awhile....they just upped the offer of 18K to 30K....but only on this link. Even over the phone they solicited me with the 18K offer when I called about something in regards to my account....

I would make sure you take screen shots and keep print outs of the offer so they don't try to set you up on the lesser offer....
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:05 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by sargenet
I tripped across this on accident after clicking a link....it shows 30K for a sign up offer for their credit card.

http://www.wyndhamrewardsvisa.com/mv...rid=0promopage
The link says it's 18K/12K points for each of the cards or am I the only one getting a different promo?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 4:16 am
Original Poster

I just checked link and it is back to 18k. Glad I printed off application info with 30k offer. That being said the application is still under review! Only have a Barclays us airways card. Wonder if the app will go through!
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:41 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
I clicked on the link above and the offer is for 30,000 points again.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:32 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by onthego15
I clicked on the link above and the offer is for 30,000 points again.
Nope. Still 18K/12K, at least for some of us.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
Nope. Still 18K/12K, at least for some of us.
Have you cleared your cookies (related to that site)? I don't see how the site could know "who you are" (and give you a different offer) without cookies telling them that.

(I'm seeing it at 30k for two days now in a browser that I never use to log in to my existing Barcleys accounts.)
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Have you cleared your cookies (related to that site)? I don't see how the site could know "who you are" (and give you a different offer) without cookies telling them that.

(I'm seeing it at 30k for two days now in a browser that I never use to log in to my existing Barcleys accounts.)
Well, I cleared my cookies in Firefox and got the same offer. Same thing with Chrome incognito (from a different computer). If the more generous offer appears only to select individuals, it may be targeted or their site is just glitchy. The latter wouldn't surprise me coming from Wyndham. Either way I'm fine with it as I'm not very interested in applying right away. There are just better offers out there at the moment.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, right now I see 18k again.

Maybe it's randomly fluctuating between 18k and 30k? Maybe it's one of those sites that uses (geographically) regional caches and it depends which one you hit?

I dunno, but it can't be targeted, because I've seen 30k (even though not every time) desipte never having identified myself (ie, I used a browser every time that I've never used to log into Wyndham Rewards, and yet sometimes I get 18k and other times I get 30k).

To be "targeted", it would seem to have to know who you are before it could decide which one it shows you (and presumably would show a given person the same thing every time). The fact that some people are seeing bouncing back and forth implies that maybe those people who never see 30k simply just looked at the "wrong" times!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:08 pm

Did you notice that the 18k offer has a $39 annual fee and the 30k offer has a $69 annual fee?

I applied under the 18k offer, received my card, and noticed the annual fee is $69.

I got double screwed...
Old Sep 26, 2012, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iowa guy
Did you notice that the 18k offer has a $39 annual fee and the 30k offer has a $69 annual fee?

I applied under the 18k offer, received my card, and noticed the annual fee is $69.

I got double screwed...
It seems like every other day the promotion changes...
This morning I looked under the straight Wyndham page and saw the bonus was only 18K for $69. Yet after I saw your message I went through the link I posted awhile back and it showed 30K for $69 fee.

I would go through the link and copy and paste the 30K offer to Barclays by signing in to your account and sending them an email. Ask them if they will honor this 30K.

I remember Citibank would never do it for me if I applied under a different sign up link and then saw a better offer. Chase has bumped me up and are easier to work with. I have no experience with Barclays so not sure if they will give you the difference if you email them the offer and tell you no...
Old Sep 26, 2012, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

I got double screwed...
Also.. the $39 card for 18K does not give a free night each year on anniversary. Only the $69 card does.....

So you must have applied for the card under the base promotion of $69 for 18K with a free night each anniversary. I think the free night is equal to 6000 pts but can't find the information right now...
Old Sep 26, 2012, 1:17 pm

when do Wyndham points expire?
Old Sep 26, 2012, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

when do Wyndham points expire?
There are two separate expirations:

A soft expiration occurs 18 months after last activity (any earning or burning). You can extend this expiration with any activity.

A hard expiration occurs 4 years after points are earned. There is at present no way to extend this expiration at all. (Furthermore, at this point, the website does not tell you how old your oldest points are! You have to keep track of it manually, or perhaps they can tell you if you call?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.