Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrate with a Free Night on Us promotion 16,000 points per stay

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Dear Wyndham Rep

Dear Wyndham Rep:

[Portions deleted by moderator per rules.]

Funny thing is I read your other posting to the supervisor I spoke to and they told me you were INCORRECT.

Glad I got my Wyndham account noted that they will indeed honor this promotion for me since I used the link.

Do we have to resort to calling back Wyndham and getting first and last names posted on here for management clarification.

And you FAILED to state whether they are going to honor these bookings made by everyone who used the publically available link and booked non-refundable rates.

Today after ALL the postings and conversations you basically spit out the same thing you said yesterday. Even after flyertalk members have had discussions with multiple supervisors stating something to the contrary.

Last edited by l etoile; Oct 19, 2012 at 12:06 pm Reason: May not call out another member for personal info per rules
Old Oct 19, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards
Hi,
I hope this will help to clarify for everyone…

There were 2 separate offers.

One offer was communicated to a group of existing members through an email invitation. This offer ended 10/6/12. Only those members who received the email invitation were eligible for this offer.

The second offer was communicated to a group of existing members through a direct mail invitation. Only those members who received this direct mail invitation are eligible for this offer. This offer is valid through 12/31/12.
Repeating the exact same thing over and over again isn't going to do it Wyndham Rep. If indeed you are changing the terms and conditions of an offer, which, as of yesterday, your own phone reps were saying otherwise, you need to either (1) honor the terms of the deal in place for those who relied on it or (2) refund nonrefundable reservations. This is horrid customer service.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 9:53 am

Sent to operations manager...

I decided to call back today and see what the official story was based on my calls yesterday.

I asked to speak to one of the supervisors I spoke to yesterday. Either Lindsey or Joanne which both noted my account. Lindsey was the first manager that told me this was open to anyone who clicked through the link.

I got the pleasure of speaking with Jessica, another account supervisor. I say that sarcastically because it was not an enjoyable conversation. Basically she confirmed that I would get the 16K because they noted my account. But she stuck hard and fast to the fact that for anyone else they would only honor those people who got the flyer and clicked the link. When I asked her if she could see if I was targeted this time, I was told "only marketing" knew who was targeted and who got the mailer!!! If the accounts are not noted who was targeted how in the world can they track the offer just through a website. Anyone could call in and say they "got the flyer"!!!! Geez...

Jessica didn't understand what I wanted from them. She said "we have noted the account and you will get the points. I am not sure what you want from us." I told her I wanted a true clarification because I have told family and friends about this offer and I am still getting mixed messages about who is eligible or who isn't. She said she couldn't do that. Marketing makes those decisions.

She said she could escalate my call to an operations manager. I could leave a voicemail and someone would call me back. I asked the name of the person she was transferring me to and she said it would probably be a "Lisa" but then I got sent to a generic voicemail with no name and was told someone would call me back with 72 hours....

So my advice would be for EVERYONE to call and get their accounts noted by a supervisor that they will get these points if they book through the link. Get the name of the supervisor you spoke to. If you get a regular front line rep that tells you that you qualify, still get a supervisor to note the account.

I had front line reps tell me it was open to everyone and others that told me it was not.

If you get a supervisor who tells you no...then ask for Lindsay or Joanne.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:00 am

Programs: DL, Amex MR
Sounds like if one wants to take advantage of this promotion, he/she needs to make several phone calls and have lots of patience...
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:02 am

I'm just gonna see how this plays out, and email after if I don't get my points. Hopefully it'll work out.

As a side note, the rooms I booked are prepaid, nonrefundable rates but my credit card shows no pending activity for them. Also, there's nothing on that page or in the terms that say you have to book through that link. It just says you have to book a stay at those properties at a qualifying rate.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
so do no-shows count as point-earners?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by penner42
As a side note, the rooms I booked are prepaid, nonrefundable rates but my credit card shows no pending activity for them. .
I had a hotel tell me that don't charge out the non-refundables till the morning of the stay. I guess different hotels do it differently. I called the hotel direct about my prepaid reservation and they said they are not planning on charging my card till the morning of the check in date...
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
Except that Days Inn do not qualify
But, from the Days Inn website, you're able to book any of the Wyndham properties. So, again, there should be no issue with it.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:15 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
lol wyndham rep.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: AA EXP
Wow, what a mess, gobs of members here trying to give this company money and the response (at best) indicates indifference and disorganization. I'll be steering clear of this company and its promotions until it can get its act together
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:39 am

Check this out...

Wow what a company.

Just spoke to a VERY rude supervisor named [removed per FT rules]. They are aware of Flyertalk and my posts along with others here! Basically he said that this is targeted for those people who receive the flyer. He said the person who originally posted this on Flyertalk...and also the bloggers who posted this on their pages had NO BUSINESS DOING SO!

He stated that they DO NOT NEED TO LIST THIS IS TARGETED IN THE TERMS AND conditions. If anyone who didn't get the flyer went to this website based on something they read on Flyertalk or by a blogger they had no business doing so as this was a private webpage only to be known by those people who got the flyer!

He also had the nerve to tell me I was lying about what a manager told me. He said she never told me it was open to everyone, and he said no other reps told me that either! I know I am not the only one here who was told they would honor it for everyone.

He kept stressing that since I was already told I would get the credit it was 'NONE OF MY BUSINESS" what they did or did not do for other people who took advantage of this offer. He didn't have anything nice to say about "flyertalk" either. He kept stressing it didn't matter what the terms and conditions stated on the webpage!!

I swear I have NEVER dealt with such a major jerk in all my dealings with customer service. He was beyond rude and took the position of being ticked off that people were trying to take advantage of an offer they had no business even knowing about!!!

Also he was totally ticked that I posted on here about people calling in to have their accounts noted!! Kept stressing it was NONE OF MY BUSINESS about other customers and what happens to them!!

Last edited by cblaisd; Oct 19, 2012 at 8:05 pm
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Since yesterday, I haven't been able to print anything from the Wyndham website. In fact, it causes Internet Explorer to shut down. Anyone else having this problem?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: AA,UA,DL,Alaska,Hilton,Hyatt
Sadly the website now shows updated terms "only members who received the direct mail invitation are eligible for this offer"

https://www.wyndhamrewards.com/trec/...kmem:us:revere
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards
Hi,
I hope this will help to clarify for everyone…

There were 2 separate offers.

One offer was communicated to a group of existing members through an email invitation. This offer ended 10/6/12. Only those members who received the email invitation were eligible for this offer.

The second offer was communicated to a group of existing members through a direct mail invitation. Only those members who received this direct mail invitation are eligible for this offer. This offer is valid through 12/31/12.
It looks like Wyndham has finally gotten around to revising the terms on the actual offer page. Now will you please clarify whether or not you plan to honor the original terms for those who booked non-refundable stays before the terms were revised. Or will you be refunding those stays?

Last edited by HikerT; Oct 19, 2012 at 10:59 am
Old Oct 19, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Screen shot/pdf of orginal offer

I realized today that I hadn't printed off the original offer page with the original terms. Normally doe that with all offers but slipped. Have already booked my reservations yesterday morning. I would appreciate it if someone might be willing to share a pdf or equivalent of the offer page pre-today without the revised wording in case I need to speak with Wyndham. PM if possible. Thanks in advance.

Thanks to those who responded in typical FT community fashion. I now have what I need.

Last edited by RDUflyer2; Oct 19, 2012 at 3:42 pm Reason: responses rec'd

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.