Wiki Posts
Search

Dream hotels in NYC???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2011, 3:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Dream hotels in NYC???

Anyone know how long these have been associated with Wyndham? Seems a bit funny to see the rather luxe properties listed next to the Ramada Newark on a search of the Wyndham site, but there it is.

The newest of them, the Dream Downtown, just had its soft opening a couple weeks ago and the official opening is July 5, 2011. Looks like a nice place, though it isn't listed on the Wyndham Rewards site for redemption, only for booking, so I don't know what the deal really is. Anyone know?

More about the hotel itself here and here.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 6:38 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by sbm12
Anyone know how long these have been associated with Wyndham? Seems a bit funny to see the rather luxe properties listed next to the Ramada Newark on a search of the Wyndham site, but there it is.

The newest of them, the Dream Downtown, just had its soft opening a couple weeks ago and the official opening is July 5, 2011. Looks like a nice place, though it isn't listed on the Wyndham Rewards site for redemption, only for booking, so I don't know what the deal really is. Anyone know?

More about the hotel itself here and here.
Hello, Dream hotels are not currently participating in Wyndham Rewards. Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 6:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards
So they are only using you as a booking engine??

'Tis rather confusing, but I've been told I'm "simple" previously so mayb eit is just me.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Wyndham Rewards
Is it still the case ? When clicking on the Dream Downtown it is written "award available for 30.000 points" but I am not able to find a single availability in 2015... Plenty of rooms available for $$$ however...
Old Dec 6, 2014, 9:55 am
Company Representative - Wyndham Rewards

Programs: Wyndham Rewards
The Dream hotels will no longer be Wyndham Rewards hotels in 2015, which is why they show not available in our system. Sorry for the confusion.

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Is it still the case ? When clicking on the Dream Downtown it is written "award available for 30.000 points" but I am not able to find a single availability in 2015... Plenty of rooms available for $$$ however...
Old Dec 7, 2014, 5:57 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
They used to be available using points. Now, no longer. The owners of the Dream hotels group have had a family legal problem as of late, but I doubt that was a factor in their wanting to get out of the Wyndham relationship. It will be interesting to see how the Chatwals decide to march on with this post-Wyndham.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.