Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wyndham Las Colinas - Dallas area

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2005, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Wyndham Las Colinas - Dallas area

Looks like my company has added Wyndham to its list of "preferred" hotel chains, so I'm looking to give this hotel a try for the next few weeks.

Any opinions or experience with this hotel? And how are the benefits for ByRequest members?

Thanks!
Old Jul 21, 2005, 6:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
The ByRequest benefits are 500 FF miles to one of several different airlines, and a welcome beverage and snack. I would recommend joining, just because you do receive some miles, but with that, I would recommend completing all of the profile information. If you do this, your room should have extra pillows/blankets/towels, if you request them via your profile. Also, you'll receive the welcome snack of your choice, although if you have more than one selected in your profile, the hotel picks what to give you. I've received a warm beer and a small bag of pretzels at one, an ice cold beer and a cheese plate with a huge cheese wheel and a box of crackers at another, as an example.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 3:48 pm
tgw

I really like Wyndham hotels in general. IMO, the ByRequest program is strong and service is usually quite good. I've stayed at 3 of the Wyndham properties in the Dallas-area and have been very pleased with each of them (including Las Colinas).

One thing however, Wyndham Hotels and Wyndham GARDEN Hotels are two different types of hotel accomodations (sharing the same name and loyalty program).

Wyndham Hotels tend to operate at a more upscale level on par with Hilton, Marriott, and Sheraton. Usually 3-4 star.

Wyndham Garden Hotels are more like Holiday Inns, Courtyards, and Clarion with nearly all of the same amenities and services found at full-service hotels (restaurant, room service, etc.). Usually 2-3 star.

The Wyndham in Irving/Las Colinas is a Wyndham Garden Hotel.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your stay.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Thanks for the info! I realize these questions on the ByRequest program have probably been answered a billion times, but just wanted to get feedback on how it works in the Dallas area (since sometimes the benefits are inconsistent at some hotels).

Looks like I'll give the Las Colinas and Anatole both a try in the near future... ^
Old Jul 22, 2005, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta Gold, US Air Gold, SPG Plat, Priority Club Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by prashok
Thanks for the info! I realize these questions on the ByRequest program have probably been answered a billion times, but just wanted to get feedback on how it works in the Dallas area (since sometimes the benefits are inconsistent at some hotels).

Looks like I'll give the Las Colinas and Anatole both a try in the near future... ^
I stay at this hotel all the time. The hotel is average to me. Nothing bad about it. Just not anything really nice either. Indoor pool and jacuzzi. There is only one place decent to eat around there. Humperdink's. (Excluding fast food. Pizza and such within walking distance behind it.) There are alot of really good places about 3 miles down the road. I enjoy going to Red Hot & Blue Barbecue. Lots of other "healthier" choices around there. ; -)

Get a rental car for sure!
Old Jul 22, 2005, 8:43 pm

wyndham

I just stayed in wyndham, westborough,MA and the by request goodies were there upon arrival, a cold beer, nuts and a upgrade to a mini suite with 2 tvs. Great benefit in wyndham by request.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 12:36 am

Programs: AA 1MM, working my way back up to AS and Marriott elite status post-baby!
I can't comment on the hotel, but I used to live in an apartment complex less than a mile away...

Originally Posted by odysseusinrtp
There is only one place decent to eat around there. Humperdink's. (Excluding fast food. Pizza and such within walking distance behind it.) There are alot of really good places about 3 miles down the road. I enjoy going to Red Hot & Blue Barbecue. Lots of other "healthier" choices around there. ; -)
There are also some good places to eat if you cross under TX-114 on O'Connor, then take a right on Las Colinas Blvd. There is a cute Italian place with a nifty elevator, a decent Thai restaurant (Thai Chili), an Indian restaurant, and a deli-type general store place.

But it's best to take TX-114 to Macarthur and then go north to I-635. Just about every (chain) restaurant your heart could desire there...

For nightlife, I like Jack Astors (on the west side of Macarthur, between George Bush Turnpike and I-635) for laid-back bar atmosphere, or Cool River (Macarthur & Hidden Ridge, south of TX-114 on Macarthur) for something more upscale, including live music some nights.

If you're into running, rollerblading, biking, etc., go under TX-114 to O'Connor, take a right on Las Colinas Blvd, take a right at Teleport Blvd when LC Blvd dead-ends, then take the next left onto Rochelle. Maybe .5 mile down Rochelle, there is a parking lot that is the start of the Campion Trail. It is a nice wide bike path that goes for about 6 or 7 miles along the Elm Fork of the Trinity River, down to I-635.

Originally Posted by odysseusinrtp
Get a rental car for sure!
Pretty much a requirement in Dallas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.