Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Wyndham | Wyndham Rewards
Reload this Page >

BRG Free Nights - Triprewards/Wyndham Rewards Guarantee (Consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BRG Free Nights - Triprewards/Wyndham Rewards Guarantee (Consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2005, 6:53 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Had an odd occurance with a free night submission.

Submitted using LastMinuteTravel.com for the lower rate. Was rejected becasue a Cendant agent said she could not verify the room types were the same with the Cendant hotel and LastMinuteTravel.com. BUT my friend also submitt4d the exact same claim about a 1/2 hour later and was approved by another Cendant agent.

I then cancelled the original reservation that was rejected and resubmitted. And it was approved.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 5:18 am

Programs: Starwood GOLD, Air Canada Aeroplan El, HHonors, Priority Club, Hyatt GOLD, Best Western
I too have found that sometimes it depends on who looks at the claim....

It is worth it to resubmit, if you feel there is an error on their part.

One thing I am finding, while looking for more rate claim nights...is that Triprewards now has a NO CANCEL rate at some hotels...which is quite a bit cheaper than the Best Rate. I guess that is their way to get around the lower rates on competing web sites. I did find one that was lower than their own NO CANCEL rate, but that is not usually the case.

Also, can someone list the web sites that they are usually successful on? The lower rates I found so far, for next summer, were on travelocity and expedia....but, last summer, in the California area, I found most of them on arestravel.com and ones like roomsusa.com

Does anyone know of lesser known sites to try, in the NJ / MD/ DC/ PA areas?

Great info on this site!
Old Oct 2, 2005, 7:35 am

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
I'm looking to book 2 nights in the BUF area. There are two properties next door to each other. I was thinking of doing a "Cendant Mattress Run", one night at each property. (Probably best not to send in the claims at the same time.) Have any of you done that?
Old Oct 3, 2005, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott-Platinum, Hilton-Gold, Avis-Preferred, GoldPoints-Elite, Gold Crown Club, Priority Club,etc
Sort Of

Since June and until December, I have three nights every week free. All my nights are (1) night stays. All in the same general area, Tues-Thur, Motel A, B then A again to abide by the rules.

The point I am making is the issue of the area. I have not had the two nights, separate motels, booked the same day. I would suggest that you strike while the Iron is hot, IE - Book right away - rates may change while you wait.

Good Luck and let us know.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 5:46 pm

Excellent advice, mrcheaps. I must have jinxed myself... or maybe the company has a lurker. Cr@p, the rates match today. I'll keep on it.
Old Oct 3, 2005, 8:48 pm

Wyndham Webrates guarantee

I did a search for the DC area and found a large gap (anywhere from $1-$70) between Wyndham and Expedia rates. Here are the T&Cs
Old Oct 4, 2005, 4:46 am

Programs: Starwood GOLD, Air Canada Aeroplan El, HHonors, Priority Club, Hyatt GOLD, Best Western
The problem with the Wyndham web rates I have seen, is that they are No Cancel rates, which means if they deny your claim, you are committed to the room at that rate. Seems sort of like they have you over the barrel before you know if they will award you the claim or not.
I just do not book non refundable rates...even if the rate is good...who knows when your plans may change, while travelling?
Old Oct 4, 2005, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by FourWheels
I did a search for the DC area and found a large gap (anywhere from $1-$70) between Wyndham and Expedia rates. Here are the T&Cs
Wyndham is still days away from being managed by Cendant so I don't see the use of posting about Wyndham in this thread yet. We don't know what their best rate guarantee policy will be yet.
Old Oct 4, 2005, 11:11 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Umm, they already have a best rate guarantee. It is nowhere near as good as the one offered by Cendant, but it's there and I was able to use it once (Royal pain you-know-where, much more complex then Cendant's) .

Originally Posted by CalItalian
Wyndham is still days away from being managed by Cendant so I don't see the use of posting about Wyndham in this thread yet. We don't know what their best rate guarantee policy will be yet.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by yevlesh2
Umm, they already have a best rate guarantee. It is nowhere near as good as the one offered by Cendant, but it's there and I was able to use it once (Royal pain you-know-where, much more complex then Cendant's) .
Umm, we don't need to be discussing Wyndham here (yet) since this thread isn't about Wyndham. Cendant is taking over the management of Wyndham hotels WITHIN days. We don't know as of yet which or if they will have a best rate guarantee.

My point is Wyndham discussions, until Cendant takes over, should be in the Wyndham forum NOT here.
Old Oct 6, 2005, 7:13 am

print out your reservation!

I had one hotel that didn't show I received the best rate thing, so I recommend to everyone: always print out your reservation confirmation page! (After your best rate is confirmed by email, retrieve your existing reservation on the trip rewards site. There you should see a comment regarding the best rates guarantee).

I ended up getting it, but I don't know what they did exactly. At first I had asked them to call corporate, but they insisted that I give them some kind of proof like a printout, but I didn't have a printer available between the time of the reservation and the hotel stay. So then they said I could use the computer in their business center to access the internet and print out the confirmation.

Their internet access was blocking access to https pages, which included any cendant reservation look up page, so I just used their wireless internet with my laptop and emailed them a pdf of the confirmation page that I had made a few days back on my own computer.

By the time I got back to the front desk, everything was ok (I think even before he got the email), so the guy may have called corporate. Still, I think having the print out would have made the process a lot smoother because I think I spent like 20 minutes in the business center figuring everything out.

All other hotels that I had best rates with had no problems and I had printouts for all of them (that I never needed to pull out) but the ONE that I didn't printout had a problem.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 1:49 am

Free nights

Lurked a ling time finally registered wanted to let everyone know I have had luck with hotels.com I have already used one free nights stay here in the sacramento ca area and I will be staying again free tommarow night! Same motel. The first one I had a slight problem because there sat was down but the owner took care of everything and let us check in fixed it later. I only paid taxes 10.76 so I hope tommarow I have no problem.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 9:24 am

I've booked for later this month and received free nights in San Antonio, TX. I found 4 different Cendant properties. I selected 2 of the 4 based on Tripadvisor, Expedia and Travelocity user reviews. No problem invoking the best rate guarantee. Used Travelocity and Expedia for the lower rates.

Also received free nights in South Florida at two different properties for later this month. Used LastMinuteTravel.com and Expedia.com for the lower rates.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 8:22 pm

I have found another 4 nights in the Toronto area.

Some were cheaper prices by only 1 cent!

Found them on travelocity and expedia.

Keep looking!
Old Oct 13, 2005, 11:36 am

Got 7 more free nights over three weekends in San Antonio and Austin. I have noticed that they are pulling the matched rate quicker after I make the claims.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.