Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

nail polish that dries in a flash

Old Jun 6, 2009, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Sally Hansen Instra dri is a very quick drying nail polish. It dries in about 2-3 minutes, maybe less. It comes in a triangular bottle and is $4.95.

Bobette
Old Jun 7, 2009, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I've always been skeptical of claims that top coats are quick drying. I use seche vite and I still wait a good 2-3 hours before doing things like dealing with zippers, buttons and the like even though it appears dry within a few minutes. The dryness has to be the entire nail.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 10:59 pm

Programs: QF Bronze, Velocity
I am useless when it comes to nails and polish, so I dont bother at all.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 11:56 am

Programs: UA
I'm pretty cautious with nail polish drying times as well, but I like those that at least set pretty quickly.

Right now I'm test driving Sally Hansen 10-day polish on my toenails and it's living up to its name and then some. Still looks gorgeous, no chipping and I haven't even had to redo the top coat to keep a glossy shine.

Dried fairly quickly as well, though I didn't really do anything for about 30 minutes afterwards anyway.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:20 pm

Polish on toes always seems to last for me. I'd be curious to find out how that 10 day polish does on your fingernails. Those do get used a wee bit more often than toenails.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:32 pm

Programs: AS-GoldMVP,Hilton, Hyatt, Hertz
I use Zoya nail polish. Dries quickly, lasts long and doesn't contain formaldahyde (so it is safe for any of you out there that are pregnant).
I like it because it doesn't dry out my nails.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Analise
Polish on toes always seems to last for me. I'd be curious to find out how that 10 day polish does on your fingernails. Those do get used a wee bit more often than toenails.
I don't wear nail polish on my fingers often because my nails grow way too quickly. That and with all the knitting I'm doing lately, there's no nail polish in the world that can take my abuse
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:34 pm

Programs: SW RR, Marriott Platinum, AMEX, Hertz Gold
Had to chip in here since nail polish is sort of an obsession of mine.... my absolute favorite quick-drying solution is a coat of Poshe Super Fast Drying Top Coat. You can get it online, at Sally Beauty Supply or some drug stores.

It claims to dry to the touch in one minute and completly in five... and guess what? It actually does!
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA, HH, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Platinum, UA, DL, US
That's all great, Ladies. Just PLEASE, don't be that woman applying nail polish next to me in the big metal tube... or anywhere in the big metal tube. PLEASE! The rudeness of exposing 300+ people to that odor for 30+ minutes is totally unacceptable and I can't count on all of my digits how many times it has happened while I was a pax.

ok, sorry, i know none of you have done it, just had to get that out.

Thanks!

JB
Old Dec 11, 2009, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbart74
That's all great, Ladies. Just PLEASE, don't be that woman applying nail polish next to me in the big metal tube... or anywhere in the big metal tube. PLEASE! The rudeness of exposing 300+ people to that odor for 30+ minutes is totally unacceptable and I can't count on all of my digits how many times it has happened while I was a pax.

Thanks!

JB
You're right. We haven't .

Bobette
Old Dec 14, 2009, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by jbart74

Thanks!

JB
Not only do we not do it but please don't be that male clipping his nails in that same big metal tube. The rudeness of exposing 300+ people to those filings is totally unacceptable....
Old Dec 14, 2009, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by holacandita
Had to chip in here since nail polish is sort of an obsession of mine.... my absolute favorite quick-drying solution is a coat of Poshe Super Fast Drying Top Coat. You can get it online, at Sally Beauty Supply or some drug stores.

It claims to dry to the touch in one minute and completly in five... and guess what? It actually does!
Great pun!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.