Jimmy Choo question

Old Jan 20, 2009, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Jimmy Choo question

Dear ones,

Do these run small or big? I'm looking to buy a pair that are a reasonable price and classy enough to wear for at least a few years, but I'm not sure if there sizing is true or not.

My size in Prada, Bruno Magli and Delman are 5.5 or 35.5.

Any thoughts?

lala
Old Jan 21, 2009, 5:58 am

Programs: QF Bronze, Velocity
No idea. But I wish you luck! I love looking at them, but 1. a Grad student cant afford em, and 2. I dont do high heels, (well actually I do, but my body esp my back/knees dont).
Old Jan 21, 2009, 8:43 am

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by lalala
Dear ones,

Do these run small or big? I'm looking to buy a pair that are a reasonable price and classy enough to wear for at least a few years, but I'm not sure if there sizing is true or not.

My size in Prada, Bruno Magli and Delman are 5.5 or 35.5.

Any thoughts?

lala
They vary in size depending on style of shoe. I typically wear 36.5, however a number of my Jimmy Choos are 37. Perhaps, you can call the store and ask how that particular style runs in size.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 11:13 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
I wear Prada usually 5 or 5.5. My one and only pair of choo is size 5 and it fits perfectly. They don't run too narrow or small, like Stewart Weitzman's.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 3:24 pm

My experience has been that Jimmy Choos run very small and very very narrow. I wear a 38 in Prada (I have a wide foot), a 38.5 in Manolos, a 39 in Louboutins and I usually buy Jimmy Choos in a 39 -- because of the width. Prada is known for cutting larger than other shoe companies.

The thing to remember about JCs is that they are handmade, so there is usually some variation in the sizing. If you are unsure, you might want to buy from Nordstrom, where they can be returned easily.

Lala, I just noticed you are in Brooklyn. Jimmy Choo has an outlet store at Woodbury Commons. With your small foot, you will probably have a good selection there -- but they are not returnable from that store.

Last edited by climbermom; Jan 21, 2009 at 3:25 pm Reason: more info added
Old Jan 26, 2009, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, HH GOLD, PP
I generally wear a 1/2 size larger in J.Choos than I do in others, but it can vary by style. If they're quite narrow at the toes, I wear a 1/2 size larger (38). However, if they're open toe, I wear a 37.5.

For reference:
J.Choo 38
Delman 37.5
YSL 37.5
Prada boots 38 (I buy them a bit loose to accommodate socks).
Old Jan 27, 2009, 11:23 am

Programs: LH SEN
Are you buying them online? Every time I buy shoes at Zappos or Bluefly, I run into the same problem. Since both online stores make it easy to return items, I just buy 2 pairs of identical shoes, one size 8 and another 8 1/2. I try them out and return the one that doesn't fit.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 11:31 am

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold
A friend told me that the Manolo Blahnik boutique in NYC is having a 75% off sale going on right now for a few days. Too bad they do not ship sale items.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by BaliParis
A friend told me that the Manolo Blahnik boutique in NYC is having a 75% off sale going on right now for a few days. Too bad they do not ship sale items.
The first year the store had this sale, a friend and I waited outside on a freezing NYC snowy day for more than 3 hours to be among the first let in. It was a huge disappointment -- only a few shoes in various sizes, no returns, etc. You will do better at a Bergdorfs, Barneys or Neiman Marcus final call sale.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 8:43 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, BA Silver, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Jimmy Choo was also having a great sale at their Madison Ave store earlier in the month- not sure if it is still going on but may be worth a look. Great selection of both shoes and handbags on sale.

I think that Jimmy Choos are pretty true to size, but agree that varies by shoe.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 2:00 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I go up a half-size in a closed toe shoe. The peep toes tend to run more true to size.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
My choo story

My shoes arrived while I was in Hawaii. They fit fine in my normal size of 35.5. In fact, they are a bit loose, but yet so adorable. Getting them was a pain in the keester as I needed them shipped to my parents since we were traveling. It took two phone calls from me to their UK office (toll free) to figure out what to do at first. A day later, I received a phone call from someone in the Choo offices in NYC who wanted to make sure I got my shoes before I needed them (my brother's wedding). She called me with every update as she got them. Amazing service. We were able to resolve my problem by adding my parents address as an alternate address on my card.

Easy peasy.

There will soon be a Choo boutique here soon. I will probably make a few pilgrimages to admire, but will wait for sale time to buy as they are pricey for my mostly dansko/pliner budget.

lala

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.