Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Fur repair in San Francisco Bay area ?

Old Dec 19, 2008, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Please don't go PETA on me.
I need a recommendation for a fur repair shop. Mine has been attacked by moths. I found two places but am not sure about their reputation.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: CO
On the East Coast, I used to get a cleaner/storage place to do any repairs.

For another suggestion, there's a cute little shop in Cape May, N.J. where you can have old stoles, etc. made into teddy bears. Adorable!

I understand your plea for no "PETA" lectures. The furs I have belonged to my grandmother, and they've been dead since the first decade of the 20th century. Still, the comments and glares really get old.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 4:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by sfogate
I need a recommendation for a fur repair shop. Mine has been attacked by moths. I found two places but am not sure about their reputation.
If you purchased your fur frmo a furrier, you might want to ask them about repairing it. You could also check with Saks or Neiman Marcus to see if they have someone they'd recommend.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by sfogate
I left San Francisco in 2002, but while I lived there, I had my mink coat cleaned/glazed and stored every year at a shop in the wholesale gift center on Brannan St. No experience with repairs, except they re-lined it once (and did a nice job). It's been so long that I couldn't remember the name and no longer have my old checkbooks, but it was probably B.B. Hawk, since that seems to be the only furrier in the Gift Center.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.