Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Favorite pantyhose to travel with?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite pantyhose to travel with?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2008, 9:02 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
What's the secret to keeping your feet dry and blister free when not wearing pantyhose? I'm just miserably uncomfortable without some kind of socks.
Old Sep 7, 2008, 9:38 am

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by lili
What's the secret to keeping your feet dry and blister free when not wearing pantyhose? I'm just miserably uncomfortable without some kind of socks.
Other than sandals so your feet breathe and/or powder (or corn starch), I don't think there is a secret. At least not one that works.
Something like these might be a good compromise.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 7:32 pm

Programs: Inventor of the "Eskimojito" featuring Canadian Mint/Buquebus Rowing Team
I tried some of those once and they balled up in the bottom of my shoes. Maybe I just bought bad ones...I haven't tried again since.

Originally Posted by scoow
Something like these might be a good compromise.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 9:16 am

I travel with suntan reinforced toe pantyhose I wear them all of the time like I am now.I'm not gay I wear pantyhose for circulation in my legs.I'm a 46 year old man.I'm wearing my suntan pantyhose,shorts and sandals right now.They are so comfortable I forget I'm even wearing a pair.When I travel I wear a pair of Pantyhose and pack the others in my suit case I have so many pair I have to have a suit case just for them and I keep buying more My favorite color and only color I wear is Suntan with reinforced Toe.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 9:20 am

Maybe you just bought some that were to big for you mine fits me perfect look on the back of the package read the height and weight it will tell you what size you need.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 2:16 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
The eternal question ... I switch off shoes daily (can alternate between two pairs), bring that liquid skin stuff to apply to hot spot and potential hot spots (works surprisingly well), and also pack mole skin. I also have one heck of a collection of backless shoes as that's where I'm most likely to blister.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Just wondered if anyone has used the following spanx style:
http://www.spanx.com/product/index.j...entPage=family

What makes me interested in these is the description line:
"Cotton double gusset for ease when nature calls"

Called Spanx and the agent said, yes, these have a space in the crotch that you can pull apart so you don't have to pull down the pantyhose. This sounds ideal for a long flight, especially paired with one of these:

http://www.go-girl.com

I hate using the lav on a long flight because first i have to pull up the legs of my pants (otherwise they touch the myriad drips of who-knows-what is on the floor), then I have to pull down my pants. This seems a little easier, with some practice in your home shower first.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Nanook

I have a pair, but I still pull it down (rather than pull it open) due to the fear of getting wet fingers.

I find panty liners work great on long flights. Simply replace as needed.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 7:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bzbdewd
I had high hopes for Spanx as I've "filled out a bit" after months on the road... but I was very disappointed. Yes the control part is great but I got a hole at the waistband on the first wearing and run at the crotch on the second. I'm VERY careful with my hose - I'm generally the one who can make the same pair last for months. I bought mine at Nordie's Rack so they were only about $15... but still thats just nuts! My DKNY from Ross do almost as well control wise and last several wearings for about $5.
Hmm, sounds like you need to go up a size. If they are running at the crotch then you have probably filled out a bit much for the size. One of the great things about pantyhose is no one ever sees the size, so please please buy a comfortable size.

Originally Posted by Nanook

Called Spanx and the agent said, yes, these have a space in the crotch that you can pull apart so you don't have to pull down the pantyhose. This sounds ideal for a long flight, especially paired with one of these:

http://www.go-girl.com

I hate using the lav on a long flight because first i have to pull up the legs of my pants (otherwise they touch the myriad drips of who-knows-what is on the floor), then I have to pull down my pants. This seems a little easier, with some practice in your home shower first.
My sister bought a pair for her wedding and it didn't look easy. I can't imagine trying to "spread" the private bits of the hoseiry along with dropping trou. That just seems like a bad combo. If you are looking for easy airplane lavatory experience I would look into a long billowy skirt, similar to what you would wear in Asia/India for the ubiquitous squatty potty.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:29 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
This is amazing, since I think you can no longer buy pantyhose in California. It's been several years since I've seen any in Ross or TJ Maxx or on anyone.

I'm in favor, but PH seem to be out. Recently got open-toed heels to wear with pants for several events and was advised going bare was de rigueur. I thought a black or nude knee high would have been more comfy and attractive, but was voted down. Think a basic opaque black trouser sock would have looked just as good and been much more comfy.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swissmisses
Hi! I am new to this forum, but wanted to mention my experience with British "Tights" from Marks & Spencer's.

They seem to last forever! and you can get them in different denier (how sheer they are). They can snag, but not what I would call easily and mine have never done embarassing sprint up or down the leg! Personally, I can live with a little snag after a long day.

I have not tried Spanx was wanting to find out if they last - so sad to hear the $28 price doesn't mean they last longer than any other typical panty hose.
I have yet to find anything better than M&S tights! I stock up when I am in the UK! Even expensive designer tights over here are no match for M&S! The only thing I have against M&S tights is the fact that their sizing is a bit off - they do seemed designed for slightly shorter women, so I have to buy up a size to get them long enough in the leg that the crotch isn't around mid thigh! Unfortunately it does sometimes mean excess material around the waist, as they seem to think if you are taller you must also be of elephant girth. No huge deal, it is not like it is noticable to anyone but me, but a longer leg without increased girth would be nice Mr. M&S!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 11:14 am

Programs: BA GfL
This is amazing, since I think you can no longer buy pantyhose in California. It's been several years since I've seen any in Ross or TJ Maxx or on anyone.
Marshall's has always been my go-to place for pantyhose (Donna Karan is what I usually end up with) and I was amazed to see that they had almost no inventory when I went two months ago to get a pair to wear to my cousin's wedding. I thought it was a one-time aberration in that store, but from what you're saying, it sounds like this is a nationwide trend.

Since the wedding was in January, when my legs are white as paper and would have been freezing, there was no option to go bare-legged. I ended up having to go to the fancy store and get a pair of Spanx, at vast expense. These do fit the best, but I paid $26 for one pair and they got a run on the very first wearing anyway.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 11:10 pm

Since spending a month in the UK in 2009 my favorite pantyhose to travel with or any other time are black tights. They wear them year round in the UK and I have found I prefer them over pantyhose. They breathe, they aren't itchy, they rarely run and are overall a lot more comfortable than pantyhose. Hue has some nice opaque tights easily found at Dillards and Macys but I really like the Apt. 9 tights that Kohl's sell as well. They are a little thinner than Hue but still definitely tights. I wear a lot of boots and tights always look great with boots, at least for me they do.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW
Since spending a month in the UK in 2009 my favorite pantyhose to travel with or any other time are black tights. They wear them year round in the UK and I have found I prefer them over pantyhose. They breathe, they aren't itchy, they rarely run and are overall a lot more comfortable than pantyhose. Hue has some nice opaque tights easily found at Dillards and Macys but I really like the Apt. 9 tights that Kohl's sell as well. They are a little thinner than Hue but still definitely tights. I wear a lot of boots and tights always look great with boots, at least for me they do.
I thought tights and pantyhose were interchangable words, ie mean the same thing.

I buy thin flesh coloured tights in M&S in England to wear with summer dresses, I buy thick, black opaque tights in M&S in England to wear in winter. Both are tights, regardless of thickness or colour.

I thought pantyhose were the same?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 2:27 pm

+1 for M&S tights. I have several different varieties - wool, temperature balancing, patterned - and I love them all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.