Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

The all-time, flat-out, best mascara in the world.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The all-time, flat-out, best mascara in the world.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2007, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by karenkay
some folks may view that as a feature
Sounds like someone has a background in marketing.

Last edited by MissJoeyDFW; Mar 12, 2007 at 6:57 am
Old Mar 12, 2007, 4:49 pm

Programs: AS, DL
Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW
I got my Blinc Kiss Me mascara a few days ago. I don't use soap around my eyes either because my eyes are so sensitive. I just use warm water on a cloth and the Blinc mascara easily comes off. It's different in how it comes off your lash. Instead of having big black smudges on your cloth, you will have what appears to be black lines or tubes which easily shake off your cloth. Oh and if you forget to take the mascara off at night, you are still going to have on nearly the same amount you went to bed with.
I decided to try this as well. I found it at Sephora when I was getting some other things-they say it's one of their best sellers. Like MissJoeyDFW, I can get it to come off if I wipe well with warm water only, and then it comes off in kind of almost-gooey strings. It's a little strange, but it's staying on during the day very well. I tried it on a very long day over the weekend and it was terrific.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold
Kiss me mascara is one of the 9-10 items in the current (3rd) testtube from New Beauty magazine. Some items are sample, some full size. www.newbeauty.com for more info.

I use a Wondercloth to take mascara, makeup off. Works great.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, IC AMB, AXP
Can/do you wear mascara base under these mascaras? Would that mess up the smooth tubing of the lashes?

It's nice to hear that these non-smudge mascaras exist. I usually do the no makeup routine on longer hauls, but it'd be nice to give these a try...
Old Mar 18, 2007, 11:19 am

Thumbs up

:-:
Hi Punki, I think you just may be my new best friend!! I took your advice, went out and bought the Trish mascara; and bye-golly, it actually stays on my lashes, and not on my skin!

I haven't worn it enough times to have tested it well, nor have I worn it while wearing foundation, yet. But, so far, I'm thrilled with the product!

Thanks again,

TxSkyGal
Old Mar 18, 2007, 12:22 pm

Great Info!

Originally Posted by BaliParis
Kiss me mascara is one of the 9-10 items in the current (3rd) testtube from New Beauty magazine. Some items are sample, some full size. www.newbeauty.com for more info.

I use a Wondercloth to take mascara, makeup off. Works great.
This is great information. The guys don't understand how so much can be written about mascara because this is one of so many things they don't have to deal with when travelling. Just ask about how the bathrooms in India affect males and females differently! This info on TestTube was new to me too. As someone who does some of that long haul flying and has wondered how I can look decent both boarding and waking up after having one of those blindfold eye covers on - this has been very helpful. Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2007, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
I just ordered two tubes of the Blinc, Kiss Me mascara on E-bay for $19.95 a tube. I ordered two tubes. I am greatly anticipating this as my mascara's lately have been horrendous.

Thank you so much for the tip.
Old Mar 18, 2007, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by KrisiO
Can/do you wear mascara base under these mascaras? Would that mess up the smooth tubing of the lashes?

It's nice to hear that these non-smudge mascaras exist. I usually do the no makeup routine on longer hauls, but it'd be nice to give these a try...
Kris, below are the application instructions. I don't think you can wear a base, not sure?

"Applying:
You apply Blinc's Kiss Me just like a regular mascara. It is important that you do not use conditioners, lotions, etc., before applying the mascara. Kiss Me requires a dry, clean surface in order to adhere properly to your lashes.

It takes Kiss Me about 2 minutes to set and begin forming the tiny "tubes" around your lashes. Do not let it set before applying another coat in order to build...keep adding coats until you are satisfied with the volume, length and degree of lash separation before Kiss Me mascara sets. Once it sets, you can no longer build. "
Old Mar 18, 2007, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, IC AMB, AXP
Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW
Kris, below are the application instructions.
Thanks for the info! The buildability part sounds promising. I just ordered a tube and will play around with it.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 12:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
I think I will also get some Blinc, Kiss Me mascara just to compare it to the Trish McEvoy and see how they differ.

If anybody else has any miracle products which they love, please start a thread to discuss. I just love fabulous make-up and skin care items.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by Punki
I think I will also get some Blinc, Kiss Me mascara just to compare it to the Trish McEvoy and see how they differ.
ooh, punki, please let us known what you discover! i was thinking of getting some trish and trying it for the same reason, but i'm thrilled to have you be the official tester.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Punki
If anybody else has any miracle products which they love, please start a thread to discuss. I just love fabulous make-up and skin care items.
I was thinking the same thing. I too love skincare!

Re: the Testtube....there are 4 testtubes per year, they send it auto....unless you cancel.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Originally Posted by BaliParis
I was thinking the same thing. I too love skincare!

Re: the Testtube....there are 4 testtubes per year, they send it auto....unless you cancel.
I just signed up for TestTubes. The shipping seems high compared to the cost of the samples, but I'm on a skincare kick so what the heck. Thanks for the info on New Beauty.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Fornebufox
I just signed up for TestTubes. The shipping seems high compared to the cost of the samples, but I'm on a skincare kick so what the heck. Thanks for the info on New Beauty.
Agree shipping seems high. They have increased the shipping, it used to be $6. Not all the items are samples, some are full size. ie. Dermaquest C-Lipoic Lip Enhancer is full size and retails for $30 + and the GoSmile toothpaste retails for $16.

I first saw the New Beauty magazine at Nordstrom and saw that it is $9.95 and it seemed high, although it's quarterly.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 9:44 pm

My curiosity has finally been piqued. One question before I order: How well does this stuff clean off the skin if you smudge some while applying?
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.