Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Need a passport/ticket holder

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2005, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM MM

I am trying to buy a gift of a good quality leather passport/ticket holder . It is for my daughter, and she likes the one I have, but I got it so long ago that I don't even remember where it came from.

Mine holds the passport, ticket, boarding pass, money & travel documents and has an I.D. window for a business card or driver's license. It is approximately 8.5" x 4.5". There is no zipper, no snap fastener, coin purse or other features that add bulk.

I would love to find one in red.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 8:03 pm

Not exactly what you're describing, but here are a couple:

Wayfarer Passport Wallet

Leather Passport Wallet

Leather Passport Wallet
Old Sep 4, 2005, 9:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K 3MM
Can't go wrong with Levenger products. My friends appreciate my gifts from this company.

One holder with minimum fuss is even on sale (http://www.levenger.com/PAGETEMPLATE...2279|Level=2-3 ).

TF
Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:19 am

Programs: UA1K/2MM; LT United Club; HH Diamond; MR LT Titanium; IHG Plat; National EE
Bosca Old Leather Flight Attendant is my personal favorite... ^

http://www.ebags.com/bosca/old_leath...m?modelid=3001

wendy
Old Sep 5, 2005, 2:01 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
levenger is good, check out their sale section.

I just got a bright pink suede passport holder free with my latest elle uk magazine purchase. I now buy my on plane reading based on gift with purchase -- tote bags, passport holders, lipgloss samples, cds.

I just also bought (I can't believe I did this) one of those little swing bagsling purses for travelling. I think they call them swing purses. I brought my wallet, my ipod, keys, work id and passport to the store to check it out at maximum capacity. It worked. The newer models don't have the zipper in back which works great for US passports.

So, it can serve as both a travel bag and a going out bag.

Oh, my lipstick also fits .

I've been using all weekend and am now in love with it.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, 1.5MM, Marriot
LOL, I saw this question and thought, "I have to reply and suggest Levenger!" I see I wasn't the only one! Levenger is my absolute favorite place in the whole world!

Now to go check out this swing bag. : )

GG
Old Sep 5, 2005, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM MM
Originally Posted by lalala
The newer models don't have the zipper in back which works great for US passports.
The bag is adorable (as well as practical). Do you mean that the model without the zipper works better for a passport because it just slides in? I wonder if a Canon Power Shot S45 would fit in it? My camera measures
4.5" x 1.5". Is that the size of an IPod?

I plugged my zip code into the link you provided, and this item is not carried near me, so I can't go try stuffing things in it.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 6:12 pm

Programs: UA Premiere Platinum
If you want something fashionable and cool, JCrew has some nice passport holders that I saw instore the other day. My best friend squealed with glee, and bought one when she saw it. Hope this helps.

Best,

W
Old Sep 5, 2005, 6:19 pm

I have this one from Target...it's not red, but it's black leather with a really cute pink interior. I really love it - it's small, but it does have a small change pocket on the inside which I find handy. The picture doesn't show it, but the one side on the left holds credit cards and the right side holds the passport.

Target Isaac Mizrahi Passport Holder
Old Sep 7, 2005, 7:55 pm

Programs: hh diamond;co silver;
Just read these posts and ordered the Levenger ticket holder. Can't wait to get it and will let you know how I like it. I have one which doesn't have a zipper, so I am sure this one will be better! Will use it for my trip to Greece next month.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 9:10 pm

Programs: BA silver, LH ex-sen
Hi,

Sounds like you (the OP) have the info
you need, but just wanted to put in a
good word for smythson passport/card
holder.

What I like best about it, there is a
compartment on the outside for
the boarding pass.

Old Sep 7, 2005, 11:13 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Dorlee
The bag is adorable (as well as practical). Do you mean that the model without the zipper works better for a passport because it just slides in? I wonder if a Canon Power Shot S45 would fit in it? My camera measures
4.5" x 1.5". Is that the size of an IPod?

I plugged my zip code into the link you provided, and this item is not carried near me, so I can't go try stuffing things in it.
zipper is good because it means that you can zip passport in the back and it is secure. The new models seem to have lost this enhancement.

Ipod is 2.4 x4.1" x .75" so it should work.

I just saw it today in dark brown. Very cute for this season.

I'm not sure what coach's return policy is, but the bag is cute.

lala
Old Sep 8, 2005, 5:27 am

Programs: Qantas Gold, Marriot Silver, Sofitel, USAir, Delta,Meritus,Plat IC Ambassador
Also not leather...

The Baggallini line (usually at AAA stores) has an inexpensive one and you have a choice of a zillion colors. Ok, not a zillion but 18 colors (periwinkle!) and 3 different fabics.

Their stuff is pretty well made, light, and inexpensive.

She can get several for the price (under $15) and color coordinate.
Old Sep 11, 2005, 11:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1.5MM, AC
I use the Raika travel pouch. It's a ticket holder and a separate passport cover (passport holder fits into the ticket holder). The holder has an outside pocket, the inside has a zip pocket and credit card spot. It's got a foldover hidden snap closure. Very convenient. http://www.bagsav.com/RainbowTravelP...portCover.html

Mine is the deep red leather. The holder is nice and flat, good quality, and I've even used it as an evening clutch when I forgot my dressy purse.

I just saw that Coach swing bag on our trip to the new outlet mall this weekend. Wish I had paid more attention to it. I just remember it looked really nice.

Rita
Old Sep 16, 2005, 12:22 pm

I thought about driving 60 miles each way to get to the coach outlet to check out the swing, but then the gas costs would pretty much eat up the savings.

While I didn't really use my bag too much while in Wales, it was great for the airport, Manchester (shopping!) and the trip home. Good to stick that passport in the back side zipped up and not go looking for it in the big bag.

lala says two thumbs up!

lala

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.