Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Light-wt travel raincoat, doesnt wrinkle

Old Jun 1, 2005, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver, LH ex-sen

Just back from overseas trip, tried out new cherry color travel raincoat that they claim will not wrinkle. Amazingly, this seems to be true. I folded it a couple of times and threw it into the case for a 7 city run. Still looks great. It folds up into itself and can be carried inside the hood, the resulting pouch can be used as a pillow--so they say, I didnt try it as a travel pillow. Got mine from nordstroms but there are prob other sources. It weights next to nothing and does keep out the rain. Good stuff
Old Jun 1, 2005, 6:27 pm
Community Director Emerita

It's very apropro for a person with your handle to bring us news on raincoats.

Do you have a link to the Nordstroms one? I could use one.
Old Jun 1, 2005, 8:17 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
And chance it's by Mycra Pac? I know Neimans and Nordstrom carry their things. I have two of their light-weight raincoats - short and long versions of the portrait coat on this link. http://www.oohlalatx.com/page.aspx?page_id=85

Some of their heavier stadium coats I don't care for, but the lightweight coats and jackets are awesome because they're stylish, reversible (usually one side is solid and the other has a tone on tone design), don't wrinkle and come with their own tote bag so you can scrunch them up and put them inside to carry when you don't need them. ... and lucky me their outlet is a couple of miles away. For those in the Bay Area, the outlet sales are in June (just got a post card yesterday) and December.
Old Jun 2, 2005, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
There's a great Christian Dior one made out of some kind of (perhaps coated) silk blend that is water impermeable; as long as it's rolled up properly, it doesn't wrinkle; there's a female and male version for those interested. [I don't know if it's still on the market or not.]
Old Jun 5, 2005, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver, LH ex-sen
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
It's very apropro for a person with your handle to bring us news on raincoats.

Do you have a link to the Nordstroms one? I could use one.
nordstrom.com and the product # is 69852 "long travel coat" in colors black, red, periwinkle, and tan. i have the long one in red, really more of a cherry, and the short hip length version in periwinkle. i treated it poorly all over western europe and it really didnt wrinkle. why doesnt that work for my complexion?

in russia they call the coat a mcintosh and are amused by my name. once in business school the professor called on me when the case was on raincoats. also related to mc apple, good for pies.
Old Jun 6, 2005, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
I have this wonderful little Nordstrom, waterproof, red jacket that folds up into a matching bag. It simply cannot wrinkle and has a hood.

I just love it and take it with me on every trip where there is a possiblity that it might turn slightly cool or rain.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.