Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Sephora lipsticks being discontinued - now $2.50!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2005, 11:17 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist

They're available on line, but you can save shipping by going to the store. While supplies last!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_...ategoryId=C106
Old Mar 7, 2005, 12:27 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by letiole
They're available on line, but you can save shipping by going to the store. While supplies last!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_...ategoryId=C106
Interesting. I was at Sephora in Century City a few days ago and there was no mention of the lipsticks being discontinued.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thanks for the heads up. I've never used their lipsticks before. Would you describe them as being more creamy than dry? Or vice versa?
Old Mar 7, 2005, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Analise
Thanks for the heads up. I've never used their lipsticks before. Would you describe them as being more creamy than dry? Or vice versa?
Here are some reviews that might help. I'd say more soft than dry. They do have three different textures, which is nice, including a sheer one. The one problem I see on the website is they're out of a lot of the colors already. I'm guessing the same will be true at the stores once the word's out.
http://beauty.ivillage.com/discuss/r...ival_freqCap=2

Wow ... just noticed their lip pencils are down to $1 as are some eye pencils, the shimmering mascara and a few other things. The moisturizers were a really great buy - $15 down to $1 - sold out on the site, but must run to my store now.

Last edited by l etoile; Mar 7, 2005 at 2:42 pm
Old Mar 7, 2005, 2:38 pm

For $2.50, you can't go wrong. I guess "satin" sounds more to my liking. Gloss is just that....too glossy. Matte sounds dry so satin seems like something in the middle. There is an enormous Sephora on 34th Street so I'll check it out tonight. Thanks again.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 7:19 pm
Suspended

What's the symbology of satin?
Old Mar 7, 2005, 7:22 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Zeno-Flies
What's the symbology of satin?
For me, "Satin" means not too matte and not too glossy. Anyway, I am back to Century City store tomorrow. I'll let you all know what I score.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 8:43 pm

Thanks for the tip. I picked up a bunch of lip pencils, eye pencils, etc. for about $14.00 including the shipping. Now to see if the colors as shown on screen translate to anything useable in person....

If you use the coupon code WESTERN4 at checkout you can select a 4th free sample.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 6:38 am
Original Poster

My store only had the lipsticks in stock - and very limited at that. They told me all the other products that are on closeout were shipped to the warehouse so are only available online.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 7:11 am

34th Street had plenty of lipsticks yet the store almost seemed to keep the sale a secret. No signs, nobody promoting it.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by letiole
My store only had the lipsticks in stock - and very limited at that. They told me all the other products that are on closeout were shipped to the warehouse so are only available online.
Did you go to the store in SF? If so, did you go to the Downtown or Union Street location? Is there a store down in the South Bay?
Old Mar 8, 2005, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BingoSF
Did you go to the store in SF? If so, did you go to the Downtown or Union Street location? Is there a store down in the South Bay?
I went to Walnut Creek. There is a store at the Stanford Shopping Center.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.