Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

what travel plans/vacation activities have you changed due to pregnancy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what travel plans/vacation activities have you changed due to pregnancy?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2014, 6:12 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I miscarried on a business trip to Chile. I was 8 weeks along and was presenting to a big client when I suddenly went completely white and leaned against the wall behind me. I excused myself and passed out in the bathroom. My colleague found me and helped me back to my hotel. I spent the next 2 days in my hotel room and then flew home to LAX. That flight was horrible since I was still cramping.

My second pregnancy (and successful!) I took only one trip (LAX-JFK) at 13 weeks (I had been on bed rest until 11 weeks). I puked at the smell of the coffee in first class (I did make it to the lav). Luckily the FA noticed and no longer walked with the coffee pot but brought single cups to those who requested them. And my seat mate kindly refrained from coffee. I was put back on bed rest when I returned and stayed in bed until the end of my 2nd trimester and then was on restricted activity until I delivered at full term.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.