Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Travel causes wrinkles, weight gain and ... extreme eye infections?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel causes wrinkles, weight gain and ... extreme eye infections?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2002, 3:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Oooooooooh, how can you throw away makeup. I love makeup and I love fancy clothes. If I were a boy I would have to be a cross-dresser.
Old Jan 6, 2002, 4:01 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Oooooooooh, how can you throw away makeup. I love makeup and I love fancy clothes.</font>
Believe me I don't think neither techgirl nor I wanted to. In my case, they first thought I had conjunctivitis and the first thing they tell you is to throw out all your makeup and get new once the infection is gone because it could be contaminated and keep re-infecting the eyes. It's a very painful experience ... throwing away makeup, that is.

Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:19 pm

eye infections

yes, i believe it's very probable. although difficult to prove, in 2014 I had a bad corneal abrasion in August while in Sicily. Some months later while travelling to Amsterdam, in the first hours after landing I started to feel an itch in the very same spot, which progressively got worse in the following 4 days until I had to go to an emergency room the night before I had to return to Rome, after detecting a white spot right in the middle of my cornea when I went to look in the mirror. fortunately I cured it in a couple of weeks but I really believe that probably a microscopic scratch from the abrasion was still present, which allowed a bacteria to grow and infect my cornea. It was right in the same place and my ophtalmologist said it was very probable that the bacteria ridden air inside the airplane, along with low humidity, was the cause. but difficult or impossible to be 100% sure...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.