Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

One-week Caribbean cruise: What to pack, what to leave home, what is essential?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One-week Caribbean cruise: What to pack, what to leave home, what is essential?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Suitcase will fit under the bed without any problems. I know because on my first (and possibly second ;-) cruise I had a 25" rolling bag and so did my husband.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Suitcases absolutely go under the beds on cruise ships so they don't take up any extra space If they don't slide easily, then lift up the bed a little and they'll go under.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by navi_jen
PS..thanks for the link for hair clips. Do they work securing an updo on thin (but abundant) shoulder length hair? (I often wear a twist updo with a jawclip...not professional, but it works).
The clips come in 6 or 7 sizes, so it likely would be a matter of studying their size chart and finding the right one.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:13 pm

I usually get a little chilled so an extra light cardigan/sweater comes in handy. I packed a teal sweater, darker teal cardigan w/ UPF protection, and teal windbreaker on my last cruise. People dining near my assigned table may have thought I only had a single sweater and just didn't say anything. Or we were too busy anticipating the lady who came in age inappropriate cocktail dresses.

I'd probably trade the teal sweater for a neutral that looks ok with a dressy outfit.

Pack some socks if you'd like to use the rock climbing wall. Zip line requires closed toed lace up shoes if you'll be on Oasis class.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Hair Accordion by chance?

Those can be tricky to use. The grosgrain ones were fine, the chiffon a disaster.
No, it's called that Bandette Comb - it's just a hair comb (large) with overhangs for a hairband to fit. I can make the comb work ok but I can't figure out how to get the band around my hair. I watch videos and then try myself and I'm all thumbs!

Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by navi_jen
PS..thanks for the link for hair clips. Do they work securing an updo on thin (but abundant) shoulder length hair? (I often wear a twist updo with a jawclip...not professional, but it works).
I got out my Flexi Clips to check the sizes. I have a moderately thick, wavy hair down to my shoulderblades. For a French twist, I use either a L or XL clip (note: I don't like the way the video shows a French twist as theirs is untidy. With practice and wet hair you can get a sleeker, tidier updo).

For just pulling my hair back from face, I use a S or M clip.

If you have silky or slippery hair (I do) it really is easiest to style the hair when wet. I just tried to do a French twist with dry hair and it lasted about 3 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.