Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Pregnant - bikini or one-piece in Positano

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pregnant - bikini or one-piece in Positano

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2016, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Smile Pregnant - bikini or one-piece in Positano

I am headed to Italy late next week and will be in Positno for a few days during the trip. At 5 months pregnant, I have two bikinis that still "work" for me with my changing shape. I do not currently own a one-piece or tankini. Will it be strange for me to be in a bikini, obviously pregnant, in Italy? My gut says no big deal, but I'm hoping someone here has a similar experience or has seen one!

I'm very pale, so I will have a full-sleeved "sun shirt" which I normally wear both in and out of the water. I'd like the option to take it off though if it's not a big deal.

TIA!
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I will be strange for you wearing a bathing suit top. Your growing belly won't even be noticed.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I will be strange for you wearing a bathing suit top. Your growing belly won't even be noticed.
Haha thank you! ^
Old Jun 14, 2016, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by JMR1223
I am headed to Italy late next week and will be in Positno for a few days during the trip. At 5 months pregnant, I have two bikinis that still "work" for me with my changing shape. I do not currently own a one-piece or tankini. Will it be strange for me to be in a bikini, obviously pregnant, in Italy? My gut says no big deal, but I'm hoping someone here has a similar experience or has seen one!

I'm very pale, so I will have a full-sleeved "sun shirt" which I normally wear both in and out of the water. I'd like the option to take it off though if it's not a big deal.
You might find you burn a lot sooner when pregnant. Some women become more sun sensitive so might be good to pay extra attention to that.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
You might find you burn a lot sooner when pregnant. Some women become more sun sensitive so might be good to pay extra attention to that.
Thank you! I will certainly be packing sunscreen! (In addition to my daily SPFs! Lol - being pale in Florida means coverage every day!)
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:30 pm

Programs: Virtuoso
I was about pregnant about the same point as you and at Easter Island and in my bikini. No one blinked. Have fun! Swimming pregnant feels different. I can't remember exactly, just that it felt different.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 11:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, and anything Amex Plat are dishing out
Do be prepared for lots of questions about the pregnancy itself - it's a largely true stereotype that Italians love the concept of families and are endlessly curious. But I'd be very surprised if any comments are negative - bikini or no.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!! Interested in how it feels. You'd think I would be swimming more often being in Florida, but I'm pale so it's not a frequent thing for me! (And we tend to take the water for granted here) At least I have options that still fit since the bikinis are a-okay! Lol

Thanks for the heads up on the questions. Will be as prepared as I can be!
Old Jul 1, 2016, 11:20 am

Bikini.

But only because I had a very hard time having elastics over my growing belly. I felt very constricted.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Update: went with the bikini, it was too much work to find something else as I had two that would work. No concerns, Positano was fabulous.

Didn't see a single topless gather in Positano or Capri! Lol
Old Jul 2, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Originally Posted by JMR1223
. No concerns, Positano was fabulous.
Glad you had a good time!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.