Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Long haul air travel on last trimester

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2015, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Hello

Has anyone done any long haul travels (over 12 hours) in their last trimester?

I am planning to travel from AMS to SUB when I am about 28 weeks along, returning on week 30.

Due to work arrangements, this is the earliest I can go.

Can anyone share any tips? How uncomfortable it is for you?

I will depart on J class, returning on F class with SQ if it helps
Old Jun 14, 2015, 1:39 am

I would also like to travel at 32-33 weeks. Not sure if airline will allow. Would love to travel J but SO won't let me and I cant go J if he and DD are cattle anyway. This will be NBO JFK.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 10:35 am

Programs: Eurobonus Silver
Originally Posted by PoochieLaGrande
Hello

Has anyone done any long haul travels (over 12 hours) in their last trimester?

I am planning to travel from AMS to SUB when I am about 28 weeks along, returning on week 30.

Due to work arrangements, this is the earliest I can go.

Can anyone share any tips? How uncomfortable it is for you?

I will depart on J class, returning on F class with SQ if it helps
Travelling in J and F class if you're otherwise healthy should in my opinion go just fine. Wear support stockings, and I think you would need a certificate stating how far gone you are, to avoid being denied to fly. Bringing some extra food/snacks to nibble on would otherwise have been an advice, but travelling in J and F I'm not sure if you need it.

I flew in Y when I was 30 weeks pregnant and didn't have any problems. This was a 5 hour flight.

Originally Posted by Firstclasser
I would also like to travel at 32-33 weeks. Not sure if airline will allow. Would love to travel J but SO won't let me and I cant go J if he and DD are cattle anyway. This will be NBO JFK.
You need to check the airlines you want to travel with as to how far gone you can be when flying with them. I wouldn't really recommend flying long haul in Y in third semester, but if you are otherwise healthy it shouldn't be a problem.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:59 pm

Programs: Virtuoso
I flew LH F when I was 28 weeks with my DH and 17 month old DD. The pregnant part wasn't so bad, the toddler was obnoxious. I would only do it if you are in J or F so you can get your feet up.

At week 32-33, I wouldn't push it. My doctor knows I travel a lot and we had a really great conversation about it. Basically, you don't know what will happen, so you could go into labor over the ocean (worst case scenario) with no where to land in time or have a baby in a foreign country. He cleared me at week 28 to go to Europe knowing I was flying in first class with pregnancy number 2 but did not clear me at week 34 to go to Hawaii with my first pregnancy.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:36 pm

I flew FRA-HKG-BNE in CX J 7 weeks before my due date including a 10 hour delay in HKG. Absolutely no problems and would do it again.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the tips, SQ will allow up to 36 weeks for single uncomplicated pregnancy and 32 weeks for multiples (with Doctor's letter)

I guess flying in J & F in SQ should be quite okay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.