Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for clear mascara?

Recommendations for clear mascara?

Old Jan 7, 2015, 10:35 am
tcl
Original Poster

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Question Recommendations for clear mascara?

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good (non-sticky) clear mascara? I stopped using any eye products a few years back due to a weird environmental allergy that seems to have recently gone away on its own and am looking to start looking awake again

Regular and waterproof mascara tends to raccoon on me so I had been using clear for travel and Blinc for evenings out.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: SPG
No idea if this will help, but you might want to ask the people at Prescriptives.com if anything they have will help...and if you can use products again, Clinique and a few other brands I think are hypoalergenic...maybe try a google search and see what others conclude??
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:44 pm

I haven't used clear mascara either but I was going to recommend Blinc but you already use that. I check product reviews on MakeupAlley.com often so I ran a search and maybe you can try one of these that have a high rating:

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...=Find+Products
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:48 pm
tcl
Original Poster

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Thanks for the replies. The main reason I use clear mascara is to prevent the raccoon look. However many are a bit sticky because they are meant to primarily be brow-gel instead of actual mascara although the tube says lash mascara. As it's been a few years since I used mascara, I can't remember which ones I loved/hated

Blinc does work for me, but I'm worried about all that rubbing to get them off at the end of the day so I save it for occasions.

I looked at makeup alley reviews and sadly most of them refer to brows rather than lashes.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:25 am

I've used this L'Oreal Lash Boosting Serum with success. It's not a clear mascara, but it does work to provide some definition and keep my lashes curled. I wear glasses so find mascara to be annoying, but I can wear the serum just fine.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA G, Marriot Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I wear contacts and have very sensitive/allergy-prone eyes.

For clear mascara, I like ELF's clear mascara/brow gloss. I find it does not get as sticky as, say, clear Great Lash. Plus, it's only $1 at Target so I have no qualms about pitching it every 3 months.

http://www.amazon.com/e-l-f-Essentia...sin=B00853ES7K

For a waterproof "regular" mascara, Almay's waterproof one coat doesn't irritate my eyes or raccoon too badly as long as I don't rub my eyes a lot. Contact lens drops do not cause mascara tracks either. The "strength building formula" is, IMO, a gimmick, but the mascara is good.

http://www.amazon.com/Almay-Waterpro...sin=B004O3UE46

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.