Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Do you carry your camera in a separate bag?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you carry your camera in a separate bag?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: Continited, DL, KLM/AF, AA, US, AS, AC, VS, LH, BA, QF, NH
My go-to camera bag is a gray Kelley Moore 2Sues. It can hold an iPad, a D3, a D700 and a couple of primes PLUS regular purse stuff.....it just weighs a ton when I do it. Only downside is that the faux leather begins to peel/crack after only a few months.

Most people don't even realize that it's a camera bag until I start hauling all the gear out of it.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: none
this thread is awesome, its giving me tons of good ideas
Old Apr 4, 2015, 5:35 am

This is my constant conundrum - wasn't so much of an issue when I had a Canon G15 but now I have a Fuji X-M1 mirrorless it's really difficult to find a bag which is the right size to fit the camera with lens attached, plus all my stuff. I also want it to look like a "normal" bag both for security and so it goes with my clothes. Add to that I tend to be one-bagging on European LCC (not one bag+handbag, pure one bag) so it needs to be small-ish, squash down into my carry on rucksack and be lightweight. And I want to be able to access the camera quickly. Not asking for much! The image quality of the Fuji is well worth the extra grief over the Canon though, and 100x better than my phone.

So far I've tried:
- Lowepro Streamline 250 - perfect for the G15 but way too small for the Fuji. Also the grey colour and thick webbing strap weren't the most attractive.
- A leather bag from Porteen Gear which is beautiful and perfect for everyday life but too heavy for one bag travel
- Camera just loose in my normal bag - scary!
- Camera in a Crumpler Banana Hammock sleeve which kind of works but the sleeve is a bit too big and bulky. I haven't been able to find a custom sleeve for the X-M1 in the UK.

For my next trip I'm going to try the Crumpler sleeve (or a sleeve with a better fit, if I find one) in a Kipling lightweight cross body bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.