Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Ladies -- What is your travel wardrobe?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ladies -- What is your travel wardrobe?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: none
yoga pants for me, always
Old Feb 4, 2015, 5:42 am

Neutrals, and lots of them! Plus a number of scarves (those pack so easily) and some basic jewelry to change things up day by day.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: Silver on UA and Hilton, IHG Platinum
I always pack scarves - they're blankets, they're accessories, they're hats. You can't go wrong with them.

As for the rest of it, anything that doesn't require me to spend the first night in the hotel ironing it all again!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by businesscasual
I always pack scarves - they're blankets, they're accessories, they're hats. You can't go wrong with them.
That about sums it up! Talk about a practical travel accessory.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:10 am

I wish more ponte and other soft stretchy slim leg pants were made with good pockets. To keep pants as slim as possible, pockets are often eliminated from the kind of stretchy pants I'd like to wear. I know the bulge of a full pocket kind of defeats the look, but I'd like to make that choice myself. A good pocket is hard to find!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I just got 2 ponte dresses with good pockets! Both sleeveless sheath (but high necks) style - Lands End, and Royal Robbins (from Sierra Trading Post). Depending on temps, the black Royal Robbins is coming with me to China in March (if it's too cold, I have a long sleeve Royal Robbins with a zip front I got last year - don't think it has pockets though.....)
Old Feb 8, 2015, 2:20 pm

Programs: Silver on UA and Hilton, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
I just got 2 ponte dresses with good pockets! Both sleeveless sheath (but high necks) style - Lands End, and Royal Robbins (from Sierra Trading Post). Depending on temps, the black Royal Robbins is coming with me to China in March (if it's too cold, I have a long sleeve Royal Robbins with a zip front I got last year - don't think it has pockets though.....)
I love how universal the pocket criteria is. Almost every time I see a woman compliment another one on a dress/skirt that happens to have invisible pockets, the complimented woman says, "Thanks. IT HAS POCKETS."
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by businesscasual
I love how universal the pocket criteria is. Almost every time I see a woman compliment another one on a dress/skirt that happens to have invisible pockets, the complimented woman says, "Thanks. IT HAS POCKETS."
I do that, too! Not only to share my joy, but also to give hope to other women. I wish the convenience of pockets on everyone! I pretty much won't buy pants, skirts, jackets, or dresses without pockets. Those I already owned that didn't have pockets, I mostly consigned or gave away. A few I had a tailor add on-seam pockets to.

I just got the Slim Ponte Black Pants from White House Black Market that are cut like slim and straight leg jeans, with five pockets. The fiber content is 70% viscose, 25% nylon, 5% lycra. I wasn't going to get them, because they're too warm for summer, but then I realized the three-part closure was flattering for such a form fitting garment. It has an interior tab-and-button closure, a front button closure, and a zipper. It makes me look like I didn't pig out over the holidays, and the legs are cut slim, which is hard for me to find as a petite, slim legged woman. I believe they will be as comfy as yoga pants or leggings but won't look super casual like those styles. They're flattering in a booty hugging way, so if the fabric weren't matte, black, and thick, I might feel they're too sexy for work. They're $39.99, which is about half off. It's machine washable. Reviews say to size down because it stretches during wear.

FYI White House Black Market is having a 25% off regular priced item promo now. I swear I don't work for them!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:45 pm

I just acquired the lightest goose down jacket in the most gorgeous cherry red at Eddie Bauer for $62, marked down from $199. Packs into a pocket. Two exterior zip pockets, one interior chest zipper pocket, two interior deep slip pockets. Not the conventional wisdom neutral color but after the recent record cold and snow, I am starved for color and headed for Munich, where it is presently warmer (highs in the 40's) than the American South. With a merino turtleneck and a knee length rain coat, do you think it will be enough?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:51 pm

Oh, and along the lines of the White House Black Market pants for when that good sale is over, there's a very good, inexpensive alternative at Kohl's by Lee called the Frenchie. Slim leg, five pocket, has belt loops, and the waist is extremely stretchy and comfortable.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Tizzette
I just acquired the lightest goose down jacket in the most gorgeous cherry red at Eddie Bauer for $62, marked down from $199. Packs into a pocket. Two exterior zip pockets, one interior chest zipper pocket, two interior deep slip pockets. Not the conventional wisdom neutral color but after the recent record cold and snow, I am starved for color and headed for Munich, where it is presently warmer (highs in the 40's) than the American South. With a merino turtleneck and a knee length rain coat, do you think it will be enough?
I would think so. Is this one of their MicroTherm jackets? I wear something similar with a wool sweater underneath at well below freezing. The red sounds very cheering. Enjoy Munich, I'm jealous!
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Katja
I would think so. Is this one of their MicroTherm jackets? I wear something similar with a wool sweater underneath at well below freezing. The red sounds very cheering. Enjoy Munich, I'm jealous!
Thanks, Katja. It is Storm Down 800 or something like that. Very light.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Tizzette
Thanks, Katja. It is Storm Down 800 or something like that. Very light.
Cool - Stormdown is EB's version of down that's been treated with a water repellent. That's supposed to handle one of the two big disadvantages of down, that it doesn't work well in wet weather (the other one is that it's pricey compared to synthetic insulation). Sounds like you got a really great deal on it.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: Starwood, One World
Smile Travel wardrobe

I often travel for work and fun at the same time and in order to be able to carry on for different occasions, I usually pack dresses and skirts that will look equally nice with a blouse as they do with a fun tanktop and heels.

There are some brands that make very nice basic pieces that are great for a variety of occasions like Cuyana and MM La Fleur. Their fabrics don't wrinkle and they travel very well.

X Eva
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:54 am

I get such terrible cankles when flying that I wear compression pantyhose if I'm stepping off the plane and straight into meetings; otherwise it's compression leggings with a tunic and my trusty Icebreaker Bliss wrap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.