Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Pajama Jeans.... any experience?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2012, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF

I thinking about investing in a pair or pajama jeans. I have a long flight to Easter Island in April, and want to wear something to sleep in yet not look like a schlub.

I guess I would buy the mediums...I'm a 12 in jeans, short and curvy. I just wonder if they're going to do weird things..like roll down, show every bump and underware line, get bigger as the day goes on.

Thanks
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:19 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have a pair of sweat pant material yoga cut pants that I bought at Target that I wear on overnight flights. They are black and don't look like sweat pants (cause of the yoga cut). They are warm (I'm usually cold on overnight flights) and look decent. I did take out the drawstring and run elastic through the waist.

I wear them with a nice dress t shirt and either a sweater or fleece jacket.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by manneca
I have a pair of sweat pant material yoga cut pants that I bought at Target that I wear on overnight flights. They are black and don't look like sweat pants (cause of the yoga cut). They are warm (I'm usually cold on overnight flights) and look decent. I did take out the drawstring and run elastic through the waist.

I wear them with a nice dress t shirt and either a sweater or fleece jacket.
I was kind of concerned about the ones I have being warm enough. I freeze on overnight flights.
Never thought about switching drawstring with elastic, nice! @:-)
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: UA
I bought a pair of "jeans leggings" or "jeggings" as they're apparently called now a long, long, long time ago. When they came back into style, I brought them out of inside-the-house-only usage and wore them with a long shirt and boots.

A friend of mine wore a pair of jeans pajamas out to dinner one evening, and they looked pretty realistically jeans-like. She said they're comfy and stretchy, and they looked it, too.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I prefer to have clothing with security pockets so I can protect my valuables and sleep.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:24 pm

Travels with Pain reviewed pajama jeans recently: http://travelswithpain.com/2012/01/1...eans-a-review/
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:32 pm

Everyone I've seen wearing them looks like they're wearing pajama jeans. Not a fan. At all.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by CBear
Everyone I've seen wearing them looks like they're wearing pajama jeans. Not a fan. At all.
I agree, they look like pajamas in jeans type knit, not a fan either.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Ok, so I broke down and bought a pair....because they can be returned.

The pair I bought, seriously odd cut. They were a return also (they only had a few pair in stock and most were out of the box). The waist was TINY, I mean oddly small and no stretch at all, and the butt and legs were loose. I usually have the opposite problem. And I was surprised by the bright pink drawstring.

The look was meh...I agree. But the clincher I think was for 40 bucks I have to really like them, and I don't... so back they go.

Thanks for the input. I think I will get a nice high-end pair of yoga pants instead.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
$25 for a pair of Lands End sport knit pants (they have different styles and you can usually find some on sale) and I'm good to go. Though lately I've been wearing convertible pants for leisure travel (long, capri, short zip-off) so I can bring fewer pieces of clothing.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by redreeper
Thanks for the input. I think I will get a nice high-end pair of yoga pants instead.
I have heard great things about Lululemon yoga pants. Even a friend who would normally never spend so much on a pair of exercise pants said they were indeed worth it for the shape it gives her bottom half.

They are synthetic, of course, and therefore melt in flammable situations if you're concerned about such things. I usually just fly long haul in a pair of comfy chino's which are actually a lot more comfortable than jeans (mine, at least).
Old Jan 23, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA, AA, HH, Priority Club
I for one will be very glad when the leggings, jeggings, pajama jeans and whatever other skin tight pants trend is gone. Leggings if you have any extra weight at all on your rear end/hips/lower body/legs/thighs it WILL show up in leggings. Wearing a long sweater that is shorter than a mini-dress or hot pants does not cover up a broad dimply back end. Girls if only you could only see how bad that looks on women over 30 and with 20 or 30 extra pounds +. I have a girlfriend who wears them year round and I want to tell her just stop! Put on some jeans or slacks, she is much better in either!

Last edited by Bebedeer; Jan 23, 2012 at 7:23 pm
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:47 pm

Coldwater Creek makes very stretchy knit jeans that are absolutely completely comfortable, very presentable wherever jeans are appropriate, and never get baggy. They look like regular jeans, have a zipper and pockets, come in lots of jeans colors, straight leg or bootcut or slim leg, and three different waist rises. They are more comfortable than NYDJ brand by far.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 6:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Tizzette
Coldwater Creek makes very stretchy knit jeans that are absolutely completely comfortable, very presentable wherever jeans are appropriate, and never get baggy. They look like regular jeans, have a zipper and pockets, come in lots of jeans colors, straight leg or bootcut or slim leg, and three different waist rises. They are more comfortable than NYDJ brand by far.
I love my Coldwater Creek knit jeans! They are incredibly comfy, but look just like regular jeans.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA
I wear jeggings every day. My favorite ones are from Gap. If you go to the store, you might be able to find some in the sale rack as well, or online sale. I also like the American Eagle ones.

I saw a commercial for the pajama jeans, but didn't like the bootcut style.

Like others have suggested yoga pants would also be a good option. They fit like sweatpants, but look sleeker.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.