Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

I need this travel tote in my life

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I need this travel tote in my life

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by 8dimsum
Hope you will update a review of the Weekender. -- I am tempted to add velcro to non-zippered exterior pockets. The local 5&10 has velcro tabs or a length of velcro for home use.
The velcro strips are a great idea and can probably be attached using fabric glue on a heavy canvas like this (my sewing skills are nonexistant...I can sew badly).

I don't have any trips planned for the near future but am tempted to try packing this bag just for curiosity's sake. 2 pairs of shoes easily fit in the zippered compartment across the bottom with room to spare.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:15 am

I just wanted to give a head's up to anyone that was interested in the Lo & Sons bags. They're having a sale right now:

http://http://www.loandsons.com/

The OG in sky blue can be had for 147.50. That's 50% off of the regular price and what looks to be a reasonable price for the bag itself. I've ordered one & will happily do a side by side evaluation of the OG & the Kate Spade Weekender if there's any interest.

Happy shopping.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:48 am

I love some of these bags, but United's 'personal item' dimensions are a dinky 9x10x17. I have a gorgeous purple Lipault weekender but it's 19", too large for a personal item. The original OP's bag is lovely, but also too big for a second item (for my flights), max is 36 linear inches. The O.M.G would be ok I think though.

I ended up with Kipling, I like their products. This one is 35.5 linear

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005N0WG8Q/...ter_B0090DX1KY
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:27 am

I seriously need a travel tote & luggage intervention. I have travel totes and luggage in so many sizes and colors it is ridiculous. I clicked on that stupid http://www.loandsons.com/ link and now they have an Azalea (pink) color with camel interior, swoon!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW
I seriously need a travel tote & luggage intervention. I have travel totes and luggage in so many sizes and colors it is ridiculous. I clicked on that stupid http://www.loandsons.com/ link and now they have an Azalea (pink) color with camel interior, swoon!
Miss Joey, not to enable you but Lo & Sons are very good about returns.

I had purchased the OG in sky blue as a result of the sale link that I posted above and I ended up sending it back. Though it looked beyond perfect online & in the videos in reality I found it too cramped and luggage-y for me to justify keeping it...even at the sale price. My ugly Delsey rolling tote continues to be the "perfect" bag for me, as much as I desperately want to replace it with something attractive.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Smile

Oh I wish I had not clicked on this link! I love this tote, and i love how it slips over a suitcase..very nice.
I wonder if it would accommodate my 17 " laptop..(yes, I know
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by nlkm9
Oh I wish I had not clicked on this link! I love this tote, and i love how it slips over a suitcase..very nice
This is what first enchanted me about it...such a well thought out item as a whole. But since then I have noticed that lots of other bags (albeit not as lovely) have this feature as well. I just never thought to look for such a thing! Sad, I know.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:40 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Originally Posted by voodoogirl
I love some of these bags, but United's 'personal item' dimensions are a dinky 9x10x17. I have a gorgeous purple Lipault weekender but it's 19", too large for a personal item. The original OP's bag is lovely, but also too big for a second item (for my flights), max is 36 linear inches. The O.M.G would be ok I think though.

I ended up with Kipling, I like their products. This one is 35.5 linear

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005N0WG8Q/...ter_B0090DX1KY
I have the same tote and love the organization. I put my 3-11 baggie in one of the exterior pockets and my seat baggie (pillow, headphones, lipbalm, paper face mask) in the other. Makes going through security quick and easy.

Tumi used to have the same thing in a heavier but fancier version in satin Nylon. They updated their new version minus the exterior pockets but have more colours available now. The old version (with the large exerior pockets) weighed 3.5 lbs but the new one is around 2.5 lbs.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:07 pm

ok i like this kipling bag--and i see it slips over a suitcase--does it double as a purse? would a laptop fit in it? I really like it and the price is right!
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:37 pm

I don't think that particular Kipling would be good for a laptop. There is a pretty wide inside pocket but it's not padded. It may lay funny with the weight. I'll be using this as a long haul cabin tote where I'm not bringing my laptop. The two outside pockets are great for the 3-1-1 bag and travel pillow, earbuds etc. Inside I'll have a change of clothes, scarf, snacks, my crossbody purse, iPad mini etc. The suitcase strap fits fine over my Delsey handle.

I don't usually carry purses that big so it would be a very large purse to me. But hey, someone might like one that big!
Old Apr 18, 2014, 3:55 pm

What is a 3-1-1 bag?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 4:13 pm

311---
3.4 oz or less
1 quart size bag
1 per passenger
Old Apr 20, 2014, 9:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by kapmap
You can get a 35% discount on it per their web site which brings it down to 191.75. Look at the top.

I have a briggs and Riley tote which does not have a compartment for shoes but has several compartments and costs 149.00 at full retail. The dimensions are similar to this one.

The web site is http://www.briggs-riley.com/category...255&sec=travel
Originally Posted by burberrybrit
Thanks for the link! I know they are having a sale but it's still a little pricey. I'll check out the Briggs and Riley tote.
Pricey, yes, but... Lady JDiver and I each use one and a rollaboard to travel (up to six weeks including a river cruise and seven countries), and the best thing is... our small Basenji dog (primitive African hunting dog with teeth like a termite), who likes to "punish" us for our travels (poop in travel shoes, etc.) chewed some serious holes in our bag.

Off it went to Briggs and Riley, who sent it back like new (or maybe it was a new one). Years after purchase. Iirc we paid $15 to ship it there. My hat's off to them; they stand behind their products.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Pricey, yes, but... Lady JDiver and I each use one and a rollaboard to travel (up to six weeks including a river cruise and seven countries), and the best thing is... our small Basenji dog (primitive African hunting dog with teeth like a termite), who likes to "punish" us for our travels (poop in travel shoes, etc.) chewed some serious holes in our bag.

Off it went to Briggs and Riley, who sent it back like new (or maybe it was a new one). Years after purchase. Iirc we paid $15 to ship it there. My hat's off to them; they stand behind their products.
I have this version of the Briggs and Riley, I like it because it is lightweight and has a sleeve to go over the suitcase handle. I don't like it because it's not feminine enough. I only use it when going through airports. I can fit a laptop, iPad, notebook and anything else I need in it for a trip.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I am in town I carry a Jack Georges leather laptop tote as it is a thing of beauty and will also hold laptop, iPad and so on.

http://www.jackgeorges.com/collectio...-alexis-tote-2
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Silver
Originally Posted by nlkm9
Oh I wish I had not clicked on this link! I love this tote, and i love how it slips over a suitcase..very nice.
Me too, me too!
Just bought myself a longchamp with shoulder strap, trying hard to pretend I didn't see this!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.