Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Comfortable and pretty walking shoes/boots

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comfortable and pretty walking shoes/boots

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2011, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
In terms of non-sneaker walking shoes, has anybody here tried anything from the Aravon line by New Balance?

~mrs
Old Nov 10, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: QF WP, LTG, QP on hold
Originally Posted by mr&mrs
In terms of non-sneaker walking shoes, has anybody here tried anything from the Aravon line by New Balance?
Yes - and they are fantastic!

I mainly wear the Aravon Fallon, which is sadly now discontinued. Farren is the replacement. They come in all widths (I'm a 7.5 2E), are very high quality, very durable and very, very comfortable.

They also look decent, unlike the running type shoes.

I also use the Aravon Farah - it's a mary jane with velcro on the strap - for airports.

I've never tried any of their heels, only flat shoes.

Audrey
Old Nov 11, 2011, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver (whoopie, why am I bothering, again?)
Merrell Lorelei leather lace-ups. Very lightweight, reasonably good arch support, non-slip surface. Went to England in October, spent 10 days in London and then 5 days in Lancaster and Newcastle - went up to the Lake District and hiked and then went for a long hike along Hadrian's Wall. The Merrells did difficult double duty as city shoes and hiking shoes (not boot).

I liked the black leather pair I had so much I bought a grey leather pair on closeout and am eyeing the brown pair.

Also, I replaced the laces with elastic lock laces, which made them almost slip-ons.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:40 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
I just got a pair of knee-high dress boots that fit my orthotics AND fit around my "athletic calves." In fact, they're smaller on my feet than they are on my calves.

http://www.blondo.ca/en/product/Viviane#b1477-11

I've worn them a ton already, even on 60-degree-days (obviously 60 F) and they've only felt uncomfortable after I stood in the same place for hours rather than walking in them.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
These look gorgeous! Too bad there isn't a retailer near me.

Originally Posted by longwaybackhome
I just got a pair of knee-high dress boots that fit my orthotics AND fit around my "athletic calves." In fact, they're smaller on my feet than they are on my calves.

http://www.blondo.ca/en/product/Viviane#b1477-11

I've worn them a ton already, even on 60-degree-days (obviously 60 F) and they've only felt uncomfortable after I stood in the same place for hours rather than walking in them.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BD, NZ, QF, DJ, RCC, SPG, Priority Club, Accor Platinum
Yes, they do look gorgeous. Fortunately they are available by mailorder with free shipping both ways -

http://www.shoebuy.com/blondo-viviane/465855

They are also available via Amazon.

Originally Posted by wrxmom
These look gorgeous! Too bad there isn't a retailer near me.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chchkiwi
Yes, they do look gorgeous. Fortunately they are available by mailorder with free shipping both ways -

http://www.shoebuy.com/blondo-viviane/465855

They are also available via Amazon.

Thanks!!
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:14 pm

I wear these to work almost every single day. Love them. Very comfortable and I've had the same pair for going on at least a year now. They still look good. They are very narrow, so beware.

http://www.aerosoles.com/product1.asp?P=LASTICITY

Put me in the category that dislikes Dansko. They kill me. As well as every single flat ballet type slipper shoe.

Last edited by CBear; Jan 18, 2012 at 2:21 pm
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Hoyaheel
Comfy pair of Sorels from when I lived in Utah for extreme winter weather. Keen ankle boots for city walking - I sprayed them with weatherproofing spray and wore them for an extremely wet & cold November trip to Amsterdam last year and my feet stayed warm & dry. And they are comfy! (but Keen sandals don't fit me at all.....) I have somewhat wide feet (esp my toe box) with high arches.

For work, with skirts - Rockport black leather to knee and Softspots brown leather to knee.......

Hiking boots - Vasque leather. Hiking shoes (good for wet weather warm season trips) Lowa goretex hiking shoes.....
Unfortunately the quality of Sorel has gone way down. I purchased a pair of Kamik boots that look just like Sorel (apparently based on the same design, but the difference is that Sorel changed the material and now manufactures the shoe in China). My husband as a pair of very old Sorels and they beat any boot hands down for cold weather.

I just bought a pair of these. They look reasonable okay with a longer pair of jeans. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/newre...ply&p=17412304

They used to make the perfect flat for work attire that did not look like merrell at all. Of course it is now discontinued.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
I've heard about the sad decline of Sorel quality. Guess I'm lucky that since I bought my boots in, oh, 1993 (?) that I'll have them until I die^ Same with my LLBean duck boots from 1987. Possibly 1986. Still going strong!

I just ordered a couple pairs of brown ankle boots from shoebuy.com - we'll see if I like either pair and will keep them. I currently have a pair of aerosoles brown leather ankle boots and they're not very comfortable - I've had them about 5 years and worn them for work, but not days when I know I'll be doing a lot of standing or walking.....
Old Jan 19, 2012, 1:34 pm

I have Josef Seibel Kalley boots in black leather and Clarks Wish Excite in brown leather. I wear them both while traveling and making customer calls and they are both very comfortable and I like the styles. I travel to cold weather places in the winter and tend to wear boots pretty much exclusively with my dresses. I am pretty sure I mentioned my Dansko Bobbi's in another post. I have had my Dansko's a couple of years now and they still look perfectly new and are really comfortable.

http://www.zappos.com/clarks-wish-excite-brown-leather

http://www.zappos.com/josef-seibel-kalley

http://www.amazon.com/Dansko-Womens-.../dp/B00336G9HG
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:15 am

Programs: AS MVPG, BAEC, SPG, Global Entry
I have had ongoing plantar fasciitis issues in my left foot for a few years now, so I was on a serious search for shoes that are cute but not orthopedic looking to wear while walking around Paris and London during an upcoming trip. (Clearly my trusty, heavy Dansko clogs weren't going cut it.)

The great advice in this forum lead me to buy a pair of Naots. They were very comfortable with the insoles they came with, but *perfect* when paired with insoles from The Walking Company. I've been testing them on longer and longer walks in my own city, and they are fantastic. I just wanted to share this info with any of the rest of you with the same foot problems or of the same certain age.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 6:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by SalishSea
I have had ongoing plantar fasciitis issues in my left foot for a few years now, so I was on a serious search for shoes that are cute but not orthopedic looking to wear while walking around Paris and London during an upcoming trip. (Clearly my trusty, heavy Dansko clogs weren't going cut it.)

The great advice in this forum lead me to buy a pair of Naots. They were very comfortable with the insoles they came with, but *perfect* when paired with insoles from The Walking Company. I've been testing them on longer and longer walks in my own city, and they are fantastic. I just wanted to share this info with any of the rest of you with the same foot problems or of the same certain age.
Insoles from The Walking Company? I may have to try those.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:01 pm

I always wear Crocs on vacation (not the ugly clogs). My favorites are the Crocs Athena (flip flops), Cleo (sandals) and Malindi (closed-toed flats). I can walk for miles in them and you don't need socks (less to pack).

Plus you can wash/wipe them clean every night and they dry overnight.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
Originally Posted by SalishSea

The thing about Naots is that I have incredibly wide feet, and those shoes are way too narrow for me. I now wear Mephistos in the summer, and hopefully this year I'll be wearing them more often than sneakers.

I wore my Blondo Vivianes to two concerts, one of which I danced at, and my feet were basically the only part of me NOT feeling like crap afterwards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.