Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Women Travelers
Reload this Page >

Tour group for single older woman

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2011, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: STARWOOD AMEX, DELTA

Looking for a group that my mom (age 70) can travel with internationally. Right now she is looking at http://www.roadscholar.org/programs but it seems expensive to me. Are there any others that are recommended?

Thank you so much for any advice!

Last edited by drooth; Mar 7, 2011 at 8:16 am
Old Mar 4, 2011, 6:28 pm

Grand Circle Travel is less expensive, it is for seniors, and it has lots of single women as well as couples. I have gotten brochures for years, but I can't speak from personal experience.

Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:21 pm

Programs: EXP LTPlat
I had this one recommended to me by one of the founder's relatives. I don't know how prices compare with elderhostel/roadscholar, but the destinations look very interesting and obviously she won't be stuck in a group of couples or families.
http://www.adventuresforsingles.com

Last edited by skipaway; Mar 4, 2011 at 9:22 pm Reason: fix link
Old Mar 5, 2011, 11:41 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
My Mom has done Grand Circle and OAT.

She's 70, fairly active and usually travels with a group of other women, but I suspect she'd be happy going solo on their trips, too.

FWIW, she told me that she was talking to someone recently who was in Egypt on a Grand Circle tour when the riots and protests broke out. Grand Circle apparently chartered a plane and evacuated them very quickly. The person my Mom spoke to was very impressed with Grand Circle's quick response.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: STARWOOD AMEX, DELTA
Thanks for the replies everyone. She is in her 70s as well and has had a problem trying to find one for her age group, although she is active, the activity level can't be too intense (ie walking for many hours every day, etc). I think she can build up capacity but she hasn't traveled in many years, so I want to find the right group with an easy first trip and then go from there.

Any suggestions besides OAT? Any travel destination recommendations along these lines?

Thanks again all. Very much appreciated!!
Old Mar 7, 2011, 4:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I think the key is for her to pick where she wants to go and then find the group. My father is in his 70s and went to Israel with his temple for ~2 weeks.

What about her alma mater (or yours)? They might have a trip to a locale she'd love that would fit her age category.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.