Cart service begins May 1st, 2007

Old Apr 4, 2007, 5:37 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Cart service begins May 1st, 2007

For those who are regular WS guests, or occasional flyers with WestJet, you are likely aware that until now cabin service has been provided with the use of trays, etc.

Beginning May 1st (about a 2 week transition period) acft galley equipment will be retrofitted and cabin service will be completed using carts. This will result in a much higher level of guest service, less waiting time to recieve various services, and many less interuptions!

Personally I can't wait!!!!
Old Apr 5, 2007, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmm. service ŕ la carte.
Old Apr 10, 2007, 3:52 pm

Is this a trial period, or a permanent move?

And Fisch, out of curiosity, what do F/As generally think of the switch?

As an F/A I'm thinking... that means setting up two bars carts in the aft galley which on a 73 is not exactly spacious. There's also more waste of open soda cans and juices (although I'm sure WS management must have worked out that cost to the nearest penny). And there's also the lavatory "traffic management" when the carts are out. But it also means much less walking back and forth in the aisle for the crew.

As a pax (most of the time on WS) I will appreciate getting the drink with the snack. And it will make me feel much less guilty of asking for "the whole can" now that they have it right there (as opposed to it hogging space on their service tray).

Either way, looking forward to sampling the new service next month

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.