Community
Wiki Posts
Search

employment at westjet

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2008, 10:20 am

Are you in FA training now?
Old May 22, 2008, 11:13 am

I applied to 2 business analyst positions last week. They no longer appear on the WestJet website. Does this mean that they have been filled? I so desperately want to join the WestJet team. I've had a passion for this company for so long and I think my personality would be a good fit.

I am wondering if the business and IT side of WestJet runs with the same mentality as the rest of the company. I wonder if the interview process is the same.

Any idea?

Thanks!!

WestJet Lover,

cre8.
Old May 22, 2008, 11:29 am

I totally know what you're saying in terms of working for WestJet...I really want to work for them too and from what I see on the outside, they're a great company.
I don't know anything about the IT side, but I do know that there was a glitch and the FA position didn't show up on the job search area of the web-site, even though they're hiring. I asked a friend about it and he got in touch with someone higher than him, who fixed the glitch making the position show up again so I could apply. Not sure if this may be similar. Do you know what the closing date was when you applied? If the date has since passed, they probably just need to repost it. Good luck!
Old May 22, 2008, 2:44 pm

Congratulations!

Originally Posted by jong866
TA DA!!!!!
And you have your next WestJet flight attendant! WOO!
Hey, way to go! You'll be great! Congratulations - I look forward to flying with you! Where are you working from? When do you start?

I'm encouraged. I am going to redo my resume to include more specific details. The one I sent was writen in the recent CV style, and I think that it didn't have enough dates and specifics. Such an onerous task, but I think I need to rewrite it if I want in. Any suggestions re: style would be gladly accepted! (You know, really, I would be such a good fit for WJ.)
Old May 22, 2008, 7:52 pm

If a position no longer appears on the website it generally means the position is closed. The position may have been filled but for the most part it means that you can no longer apply and the interview process is underway or soon to be underway. Some positions, such as a CSA or FA, are ongoing as there's higher turnover and/or constant growth in that position.
Old May 22, 2008, 10:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Goldpoints Plus, Priority Club, Fly Blue
Originally Posted by cecrennison
Hey, way to go! You'll be great! Congratulations - I look forward to flying with you! Where are you working from? When do you start?

I'm encouraged. I am going to redo my resume to include more specific details. The one I sent was writen in the recent CV style, and I think that it didn't have enough dates and specifics. Such an onerous task, but I think I need to rewrite it if I want in. Any suggestions re: style would be gladly accepted! (You know, really, I would be such a good fit for WJ.)
hehe Well remember I applied for this back in February of this year!!!

EVERYONE works from YYC. you have to option to commute from whatever major airport youre near but ALL WestJet flight attendants report to work at the Calgary Airport.

I begin training on June 2nd and i think i found a place to live.:-:
Old May 23, 2008, 12:30 pm

Hey jong866, did they call all 3 of your references? Congrats!
Old May 24, 2008, 12:09 pm

EVERYONE works from YYC. you have to option to commute from whatever major airport youre near but ALL WestJet flight attendants report to work at the Calgary Airport.
Westjet's only "base" is YYC. Which means that most pairings would have you start/end in YYC and overnight elsewhere for whatever duration your pairing is. You're allowed to apply for and start flying out of "ports" after 3 months. A "port" is esentially a satellite base where you can start/end your pairing at. So, for the 300+ pilots/FA's in YVR, the port in YVR allows them to live in YVR and start/end their work day or pairing where they live instead of commuting to YYC (at the regular standby cost to employees). That's not to say they don't get pairing out of YYC but its a big benefit that pilots & fa's didn't have up a year or two ago.
Old May 27, 2008, 1:25 pm

Exclamation WJ Group interview in 2 days!!!!

Hello,

I was just reading all these messages and I just want to say, I AM SO NERVOUS!!!

I feel like getting this interview is a thank you or an answer to my wishes, for the life I've led and the people I've helped. Theres nothing I want more than this job. I've been trying so hard not to get my hopes up, but I can't seem to help it. I love people and I love laughing, I would love to work with the kind of people who are WJ employees. Are there alot of people at the group interviews? Please help me calm down!
Old May 27, 2008, 1:49 pm

Hey lolo55!! Welcome There were about 15 in my session last week but there were also 6 people there to evaluate! It felt pretty 'intimate' and relaxed; it could have been a lot worse! I'm not a fan of group stuff either, but the best advice is something I'm sure you've heard many times already; be yourself!!! They do a really great job of acknowledging that it's a nervous situation and they give lots of time for questions and respond clearly. You'll be fine! Keep us posted!
Old May 28, 2008, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by WJwannabee
Hey lolo55!! Welcome There were about 15 in my session last week but there were also 6 people there to evaluate! It felt pretty 'intimate' and relaxed; it could have been a lot worse! I'm not a fan of group stuff either, but the best advice is something I'm sure you've heard many times already; be yourself!!! They do a really great job of acknowledging that it's a nervous situation and they give lots of time for questions and respond clearly. You'll be fine! Keep us posted!
The biggest thing I was told by a fellow airline employee - they dont like to hear that you love to travel. Make sure to emphasize on your skills for working with people and your drive and ambition about working with people.

As for Hypnotizes comment im not sure if you work for westjet but my point was that you are based out of calgary no matter whaty port you depart from. all flight crew are listed to be reporting to work in calgaty and are taxed as such.

i in no way didnt rule out port cities as i do not know much about them yet. but i am relaying what i know.

and no need to be nervous abouyt the group interview you'll do fine!

and they contacted 2 out of my 3 references and i had provided them with a letter of reference written BY the 3rd reference.

omg i fly on sunday to calgary to start class on monday :S
Old May 30, 2008, 1:48 pm

I'm in too!! Got the e-mail yesterday saying that I was successful I don't have a training date yet, but I'm hoping for June 16th... I can hardly wait! Good luck with training on Monday, jong866! See you in the air
Old May 31, 2008, 9:26 am

I'm starting June 16, too!

Originally Posted by WJwannabee
I'm in too!! Got the e-mail yesterday saying that I was successful I don't have a training date yet, but I'm hoping for June 16th... I can hardly wait! Good luck with training on Monday, jong866! See you in the air
Hi WJwannabee;
I may have been in the group interview with you - Wed, May 21? And I'm starting training June 16. YAY!! Can't wait, although I hear it's like training for the SWAT team!!
Old May 31, 2008, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by WJflyer
Hi WJwannabee;
I may have been in the group interview with you - Wed, May 21? And I'm starting training June 16. YAY!! Can't wait, although I hear it's like training for the SWAT team!!
Nope, I was in the May 15th session; apparently they had some difficulty getting in touch with one of my references!! But it's all straightened out and I start June 16th too!!! Can't wait to meet you
Old Jun 1, 2008, 9:49 am

Last edited by jong866; Jan 14, 2010 at 3:49 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.