Community
Wiki Posts
Search

employment at westjet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2008, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by dieselino
Im stressing about the group interview too...
whens ur interview? mine is This Thursday...in the AM
I am trying to get a job as a Customer Service Agent with WestJet. I have applied on-line and haven't had a reply yet. I have yet to find out what the pay rate is, and what the perks are. Any suggestions or info about the application process/and or the pay rate would be much appreciated. Also, I hope you do really well in the group interview. It doesn't sound like you can prpare for it. As your mother would say, "Just be yourself, dear."
Old Apr 8, 2008, 8:31 pm

3 posts in a row from 3 new people. Where did you guys here about FT?
BTW welcome to FT.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 8:29 am

I was searching the internet for information about WestJet, including pay rates. It looks like a great forum.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Fisch
I am an FA with WestJet as well as on the FA recruting team. We are hiring continuously throughout 2007 looking for a few hundred new hires. Classes run every 4-6 weeks thorughout the year.

A requirement for all exteral hires for the remainder of '07 is bilingual English/French (conversational).

If you are interested, please submit your resume online if you have not done so already! Good luck!
Hi There! I received an e-mail from West Jet that they had a referral from one of their employees and that they had received my on line resume. They said they would be reviewing my application and if I met their criteria would further be notified. How long after the e-mail would it take to here if I had qualified? Thanks!!
Old Apr 9, 2008, 2:04 pm

Thank you, Jet 777. Any advice regarding getting an interview in Vancouver for Customer Service Agent in Vancouver is welcome!
Old Apr 10, 2008, 9:06 pm

Went to YVR

FYI: I decided that I should just go out to the airport today. Why wait
till tomorrow? The sun was shining, and I could put the top down...
So, I dressed in black pants and a jacket, and headed out. I wandered
around the WJ counter, and was very quickly asked if i needed some help. The Airport Ambassadors all LOVE, LOVE their jobs. (Noteably, they were all
between the ages of about 20 and about 40.) I was unable to find a
superviser, or anyone to leave my resume with, but talked to a lot of
people. No one took my name. In order to not risk being seen as a stalker, I
came home.

I did feel that it was a bit unfortunate that I am a grown up, and I was calculating how to GET SEEN for a $10.50 an hour job.

Any thoughts out there?
Old Apr 15, 2008, 6:15 pm

Resumes are not accepted at the airport or at any Westjet building; you must submit online. If you've submitted it online and there's a position open your resume will go through a filter that screens for specific items in your resume. If you pass through that filter, you'll more than likely get a call. That's not a guarantee, however, as there are a lot of resumes to go through. Keep trying.

PS: CSA's starting wage is $13.20/hour ($14.20/hour if you work in baggage). Those Guest Service Ambarassdors make $11.00/hour. Salary review has been completed for this year and any changes (up, never down) would take effect May 1.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 2:58 pm

I have applied for the poisiton of Flight Attendant out of Calgary. I applied for 14 customer service and airport ambassador jobs across canada and still have not heard anything back. Airline industry is my passion and its frustrating knowing how capable and having such a passion for flight attending I am, yet nothing is panning out. Hopefully I will hear from them soon. i even had an internal reference for when i applied but still didn't hear anything back! I followed up after i applied and was told nothing could be disclosed as tot he status of my application. What do i do?! ive applied with AC, WJ, Jazz, tango, airtransat, freshair, north cariboo air, voyageur airways, air emirates, british airways and im at my wits end. This is what i've been so focused and intent on latley...but c'est la vie.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 5:35 pm

I would suggest contacting your reference and have them lookin into your application.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by juztin
I have applied for the poisiton of Flight Attendant out of Calgary. I applied for 14 customer service and airport ambassador jobs across canada and still have not heard anything back. Airline industry is my passion and its frustrating knowing how capable and having such a passion for flight attending I am, yet nothing is panning out. Hopefully I will hear from them soon. i even had an internal reference for when i applied but still didn't hear anything back! I followed up after i applied and was told nothing could be disclosed as tot he status of my application. What do i do?! ive applied with AC, WJ, Jazz, tango, airtransat, freshair, north cariboo air, voyageur airways, air emirates, british airways and im at my wits end. This is what i've been so focused and intent on latley...but c'est la vie.
have you ever considered applying with one of the ground handling companies to get some experience? if you are in Calgary maybe serviceair or Wingtips.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 12:48 pm

Hello Hypnotize. Thank you for your response!

The information is good - I hadn't seen the wages posted anywhere, and had been really wondering if I should be even working so hard to get a job that I didn't know the hourly rate of.

Of course, there are be many other factors, besides pay rate, that make employment at WestJet very attractive. I believe that I would really love the job, and that I have all the skills to make a great CSA or Airport Ambassador. I have embarrassingly wonderful letters of reference from my previous employers. I am really flexible regarding hours or work. The location is good - I live in Kitsilano - and I expect that the perks are worth the low wage. I don't know what the deal is for new employees, or part-time employees. Do you know what the deal is with that?

I have sent in two applications, but haven't heard anything yet. It has been two weeks. Should I keep applying, or just start trying elsewhere?

Thanks again for your help with this!
Old Apr 22, 2008, 6:21 pm

Salary is as I stated.. You qualify for profit sharing after 3 months (paid out in May & Nov) and you can contribute 20% of your salary matched dollar-for-dollar by WJ after 3 months. Flight benefits kick in immediately for you, a travel companion (or spouse), parents, and children if you have any.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 12:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Goldpoints Plus, Priority Club, Fly Blue
Talking

Originally Posted by cecrennison
Hello Hypnotize. Thank you for your response!

I have sent in two applications, but haven't heard anything yet. It has been two weeks. Should I keep applying, or just start trying elsewhere?

Thanks again for your help with this!
Hehe... I'll add this - I completely forgot that I had applied for WestJet as I submitted an application last year and I resubmitted an application this February after a very awesome encounter with a Halifax Based flight attendant en route to Toronto.

It took them from February till now Mid April to contact me.

My Telephone interview is tomorrow! Wish me luck!
XD

... Previous experience in:
Novotel Ottawa - Spring 2006
Cartier Place Suite Hotel Ottawa - Summer 2006
Quality Inn and Suites Halifax - Present
Norwegian Jewel - Summer 07 Mediteranian run

Hotel Management, Algonquin College
Old Apr 24, 2008, 3:20 pm

Thank you for the encouragement! I'm dying to know how the telephone interview went. How hard was it? Did you enjoy it at all? And, also, good luck...
Old Apr 24, 2008, 3:22 pm

Ah, Hypnotize - you are great. Thanks for the info. I think that it WOULD be worth the low wage. I'll send my resume again. Wish me luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.