Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WEN 3456 go around at YQM - July 27/17

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2017, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

I was leaving Moncton yesterday afternoon (driving) when I saw a Q400 coming in for a landing. I looked up again and saw that it was climbing again so I thought, " Oh, it's doing a go-around." A look at flightaware this morning tells me that it was Westjet Encore 3456.

I know that go-arounds aren't all that rare, but is there a way to find out why this particular go-around happened. I'm just curious. There is nothing in the aviation herald.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Go-arounds are so common I'd be surprised they merit special reporting in most cases.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by smallmj

I know that go-arounds aren't all that rare, but is there a way to find out why this particular go-around happened. I'm just curious. There is nothing in the aviation herald.
AVHerald does not post every incident that occurs, Simon typically only posts the more interesting ones.

Pull a CADORS report for YQM, if the go-around was due to some safety related issue, it will be mentioned in CADORS.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by jaysona
Pull a CADORS report for YQM, if the go-around was due to some safety related issue, it will be mentioned in CADORS.
Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know about CADORS. Here is the result:

An aircraft ahead was slow to vacate Runway 24 and a WestJet Encore de Havilland DHC-8-400 (WEN3456) from Toronto, ON (CYYZ) to Moncton, NB (CYQM) initiated a missed approach. The aircraft circled around visually and landed with out incident at 1643Z, no impact on operation.
There is more general aviation/pilot training at YQM than there is commercial traffic. Sounds like some dude in a little plane wasn't on the ball.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.