Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Swarm of bees delays WestJet flight out of Saskatoon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada...UQk&ocid=ientp

Sunny Leong was waiting to board a WestJet flight at the Saskatoon airport Sunday afternoon when an airline employee made an announcement over the intercom that shocked everyone in the room.

“I don’t know to explain this (but) this is not exactly like Snakes on a Plane,” the employee said in reference to the campy 2006 film starring Samuel L. Jackson.

The incident Sunday was more like bees near a plane. A huge swarm of the insects descended on a tug, a vehicle used to push aircraft back from the gate, and also onto the aircraft’s front wheels. They stung at least one airport employee before a professional beekeeper was called in to disperse them, according to Lori Sly, vice-president of business development for Skyxe.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by tcook052
They stung at least one airport employee before a professional beekeeper was called in to disperse them,
FT is a truly amazing resource! Now I know what do do the next time I get stung by an airline.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 10:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
This really belongs in Travel Buzz.

I'll alert the mods.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Originally Posted by tcook052
Sunny Leong was waiting to board a WestJet flight at the Saskatoon airport Sunday afternoon
The Flight of the Bumble Bee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.