Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

WestJet Reservation 'Unknown Payment Problem"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Hello,

A couple days ago I booked one way flight from YYC to LGW with stop in YVR. I purchased my ticket from OTA. The reservation is confirmed on Check My Trip (there is a PNR and a e-ticket number). When I'm checking my reservation on WestJet's website there is an information on the top: "Unknown Payment Problem We cannot recognize some reservation and/or electronic ticket elements. If you have any queries about your reservation, please contact the office (e.g. Travel Agency, partner airline office) that made the reservation and/or issued the ticket."
I contacted WestJet over the phone and they said that everything is OK.
Is this something I should be worried about? Thank you in advance for your answers!
Old May 25, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
I had this happen on an Expedia booking, I couldn't check-in online but otherwise there were no issues.
Old May 25, 2017, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks @Error 601. So I think I would fly back home :-) The only problem would be inability to check in online?
Old May 26, 2017, 7:57 pm

I don't remember the exact language when online check-in failed, but it was to the effect that a paper ticket was required and to seek assistance at the airport. There were no issues at that point.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:04 pm

Turns out I took a screenshot:

The text was "Check-in Issue: We're sorry, you require a paper ticket. Please see a WestJet agent at Guest assistance to complete check-in when you arrive at the airport."

Since my home in Alberta is in Airdrie and all of fifteen minutes from YYC I went and dealt with it right away instead of waiting till the next morning, they gave me boarding passes and that was it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.