Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > WestJet | WestJet Rewards
Reload this Page >

Question: YYC Passenger Experience Issues & Potential Do with the YYC Airport

Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum

I was recently approached by the Calgary Airport Authority (CAA) concerning my viewpoints on the new international terminal. I didn’t want to colour my responses with only my viewpoints so I consulted the existing AC Forum thread “New YYC International Terminal” for inspiration. But at over 440 responses it was too daunting a research task.

This is an open invitation to all WS Forum Flyertalkers to tell me about your recent passenger experience issues at YYC.

What does the poster get in return? I plan to organize a YYC Do for either the end of May or June timeframe so that interested Flyertalkers can meet with Calgary Airport executives to further explore the challenges we face in our interactions with the new facility. But first I need a list of issue topics so the CAA can have people at the Do that are able to respond.

What’s In-scope:
(1) Westjet and their associated interline and codeshare passenger experience at YYC from checkin, security screening (especially Priority screening), Maple Leaf Lounge availability, boarding lounges in C, D, or E concourse, arrivals processing, bag claim, etc.
(2) Domestic and International terminals are both in-scope.
(3) Calgary Airport Authority (CAA) passenger experience elements such as YYC Link, White Hatters, Airport Ambassadors, wayfinding signs., walking distances, gates. Gate plan, swing gates, etc.
(4) Airport related agencies such as CBSA, USCBP, etc, but only as they pertain to flying WS etal through YYC.

What’s out-of-scope:
(1) Passenger experience issues pertaining to Air Canada or the Star Alliance. There is a comparable thread in the Air Canada forum for these viewpoints to be recorded.
(2) Passenger experience issues not related to YYC Airport, including economic advancement of other aviation markets. I respect the viewpoints of the YEG based flyers who don’t connect through YYC under any circumstances because they want to support the local Edmonton air travel market. But these statements don’t need to be repeated here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.